1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Disallow Google to Index Hotlinked images

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by AsadMoeen, Apr 12, 2011.

Well.

I am just fed up of everything. I have perfectly hotlink protected all of my images but Google keeps indexing other pages which link to my images and replaces the page address from my website to the one that links my images.

Is there any way I can disallow Google so it doesn't index my images from any other website pages but only my website. I asked my HOSTING company to tell me a method but they said A professional SEO Consultation is needed for this.

I really want to get this done because I'm loosing a lot of traffic by images!

AsadMoeen, Apr 12, 2011 IP
  2. metaseo

metaseo Peon

Best Answers:
    Why don't you use the Meta Robots Tags called "NoImageIndex". This tag will disallow search engines to index your images.

Include this in the <head> section of your web page. Here is the tag's code.

<meta name="robots" content="noimageindex">

metaseo, Apr 12, 2011 IP
  3. AsadMoeen

AsadMoeen Active Member

Best Answers:
    You didn't understand what I mean.

I do want Google to index my images but I only want to allow my pages for that. Lets say there is an image on one of my website pages, it was indexed properly by Google and I was getting traffic through it when people searched it because they clicked "Website For This Image" button. That button would actually be my page.

But now someone shares my link of the image on his page and Google replaces the Website For This Image Button with his page address instead of mine. So even if the direct-link to the image remains mine, I loose traffic as the page-address changes in Google.

AsadMoeen, Apr 12, 2011 IP
  4. parveen1989.seo

parveen1989.seo Guest

Best Answers:
    thanks for sharing this tag

parveen1989.seo, Apr 12, 2011 IP
  5. metaseo

metaseo Peon

Best Answers:
    My pleasure, there a bunch of other tags that I'm sure a lot of people still haven't heard of.

Do a research on Google and you'll be surprised to see how many other Meta Robots Tags exist.

metaseo, Apr 12, 2011 IP
  6. bogs

bogs Active Member

Best Answers:
    you can also do it by creating robots.txt and disallow google from indexing those images..

bogs, Apr 13, 2011 IP
  7. AsadMoeen

AsadMoeen Active Member

Best Answers:
    I do not want google to de-index my images.

Check my post again.

AsadMoeen, Apr 13, 2011 IP
  8. kutekutta

kutekutta Peon

Best Answers:
    your competitor did a smart work. :cool:

kutekutta, Apr 13, 2011 IP
  9. clyde frog

clyde frog Guest

Best Answers:
    i don't really think there is much you can do, aside from disallow other domains from hotlinking your images mate.

clyde frog, Apr 13, 2011 IP
  10. AsadMoeen

AsadMoeen Active Member

Best Answers:
    He is not my competitor.

You'll be amazed to know that someone posted the Image Link URL in the comment's of one of the websites. I have every kind of Image Optimization done on my images but still Google doesn't stop from indexing my images on other pages and de-indexing my pages on Google Images. I really don't know what to do, I just want someone to tell me a method by which we could disallow Google from doing that..

11. AsadMoeen

AsadMoeen Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hot-Linking does nothing because I've tried it and still using it. Google just checks a link of the image on other websites and scans it. Or maybe is it because I have allowed Google Servers in my hot-link script ?

In my script, I have allowed my website and all Google, Yahoo and Bing servers to access the images.

So maybe, Google can still access my images through that website that is why it keeps indexing. Should I try only to allow my website in the script ? I'm just afraid that doing this may cause Google not to access my images at all. So someone please assure me this.