1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Text Message Marketing Better Than Email Marketing?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by blogaboutnothin, Apr 3, 2011.

I feel that almost everyone reads their text message on their cell phones. I haven't missed one single text message on my phone even from people who I hate lol.

For email marketing, some messages can be ignored or missed, and not many people check their emails daily. On the other hand, cell phone is carried wherever the person is going.

I think if you have a business that targets teens, young adults, or anyone who is tech savvy, then text message marketing is more effective than email marketing.

A buddy of mine owns a local limited edition sneaker store (special colors and designs), and he would give discounts on customers' purchases when they opt-in to his text service. For example, "Text SNEAKERS to 12345 to get $20 off on your purchase now".

Every week, he would send out a text that lets those people know updates of new sneakers or special sales for people who receive text messages. His slow days became busy days when he shoots out a text message to all the subscribers.

Anyone having success with text message marketing?

blogaboutnothin, Apr 3, 2011 IP
  2. cobra5106

cobra5106 Guest

Best Answers:
    Yes, you bet. As you said, messages get read, and you can reach your target customer anywhere he/she has their cell phone.

Also, by building a real business, you have your potential customers opt-in to the service by providing an offer or giveaway. Then, when you msg them, they know who you are and why you are texting them. This way, your list is also of better quality customers. They are targeted, and also "want" to hear from you.

Also, in the process its always good to have a good msg provider. I lucked out and found one that allows for unlimited messages for a flat monthly rate.
    But, of course, you can't abuse the messaging or it will make anyone annoyed. But, its nice to know that you don't have a limit hanging over your head.
    Also, my provider allows me to create optimized mobile sites for cell phones, all included.
    These are just some things to consider when selecting a provider.

cobra5106, Apr 11, 2011 IP
  3. saicou

saicou Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah, you are very right! I receive many spam text...and I read every one of them. haha
    But I don't really read every irrelevant e-mail if they are not concerning safety shoes

saicou, Apr 11, 2011 IP
  4. raymondpbello

raymondpbello Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah! text message is much better..people usually bring their cellphones and react every time they heard a beep from it..surely they will get what you sent them..

raymondpbello, Apr 11, 2011 IP
  5. affilorama

affilorama Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is so true. And this is very well the reason why mobile or text marketing is the next big thing. There have been discussions on mobile marketing at Affilorama. A few examples are this and this

affilorama, Apr 11, 2011 IP
  6. igirlsgames

igirlsgames Peon

Best Answers:
    yes , it is a better way , but it easily make your customers feel bad . so this need some adventure .

igirlsgames, Apr 11, 2011 IP
  7. hillaryjohnson

hillaryjohnson Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah I agree! As text messages are not that much long in comparison to E mail. And there are chances that people can delete mails w/o reading just by noticing recipient's name or E mail ID or just the subject line! and messages are the best form as people can not ignoring this... SMS marketing is the key activity nowadays.

hillaryjohnson, Apr 12, 2011 IP
  8. 200dollarsperday

200dollarsperday Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I dont think SMS is good for marketing if your strategies are not really benefit to readers. However, it can make people annoy when message sent in wrong time.

200dollarsperday, Apr 12, 2011 IP
  9. samtaylorseo

samtaylorseo Peon

Best Answers:
    i would say email marketing is better because some people view text marketing as intrusive, plus a lot of people have email on their phones these days and you can put links in your email.

If text marketing works for you then great! well done!

samtaylorseo, Apr 12, 2011 IP
  10. cobra5106

cobra5106 Guest

Best Answers:
    Good points.
    Also, if you get your market to opt-in and you provide quality information, like see my update at my website ..... you can provide timely information if done professionally. I think the key is to treat it like a business and not spamming the customer.

cobra5106, Apr 12, 2011 IP
  11. blogaboutnothin

blogaboutnothin Peon

Best Answers:
    I introduced text marketing to my friend's pizza shop and now he is doing really well.

His monday sales are so much better now. Mondays are typically the worst.

blogaboutnothin, Apr 12, 2011 IP
  12. Tomastamm

Tomastamm Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    sms sending is a good idea for sms marketing

Tomastamm, Apr 17, 2011 IP
  13. blogaboutnothin

blogaboutnothin Peon

Best Answers:
    That's like saying the same thing over... ? Am I missing something?

blogaboutnothin, Apr 17, 2011 IP
  14. Ebiz-Kev

Ebiz-Kev Peon

Best Answers:
    It seems like text marketing may work better for local businesses that are running lunch specials, one-day sales, etc. How does it work for the IM marketing, digital product niche? Do you put an opt-in form on your website for text messaging?

Ebiz-Kev, Apr 17, 2011 IP
  15. blogaboutnothin

blogaboutnothin Peon

Best Answers:
    You can do it for digital products or online shopping site. For example, TEXT 12345 to SAVE to get special 20% off discount now! That would help in the online market.

blogaboutnothin, Apr 17, 2011 IP
  16. TrumpiaTim

TrumpiaTim Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Well keep in mind, you must OPT-IN for text marketing campaigns so it's not very intrusive at all since the consumer must OPT-IN first.

TrumpiaTim, Apr 18, 2011 IP
  17. affilorama

affilorama Active Member

Best Answers:
    I find that this is true. I have experienced text marketing as a consumer and don't find it intrusive at all (I always receive promo info from my network provider). It is very easy to receive an SMS, read it and delete it if you don't think it's worth your time. The process is much simpler than going through your inbox and ticking off email messages one at a time.

affilorama, Apr 18, 2011 IP
  18. showkatahmad

showkatahmad Peon

Best Answers:
    I think Email marketing is better than Text marketing as there are less chances of spamming as we have targeted database in Email marketing but we can not target as it is random in text marketing more chances of spamming.

showkatahmad, Apr 18, 2011 IP
  19. fiona0207

fiona0207 Guest

Best Answers:
    I prefer Text Message Marketing, which certainly can not say better than the other, after all, they have their own advantages

fiona0207, Apr 18, 2011 IP