1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Rich Schefren a fraud??

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Meanna Blog, Sep 18, 2008.

I've been reading about Rich Schefren recently, especially with his new report.

Problem is that when I talk about him, people moan and go ''OH NO ANOTHER SO CALLED GURU....''

So is the guy a fake?? Does he really help people earn the amounts he says he does??

Help me out here guys, I don't want to waste my time studying a fraud!!

Meanna Blog, Sep 18, 2008 IP
  2. newsniche

newsniche Peon

Best Answers:
    Is that an affiliate link to The Uncertainty Syndrome, if not then why don't you link directly to it at http://www.strategicprofits.com/newrules/index1.html when asking if it's a fraud or not.

These sorts of questions get asked all the time here at DP, why not download the report yuorself and tell us what you think first?

newsniche, Sep 18, 2008 IP
  3. Ernster

Ernster Peon

Best Answers:
    His is NOT a fraud, its just most people on this forum are uneducated and deep down want everything for free or cheap and despise others who decide to charge to share their marketing knowledge.

Ernster, Sep 18, 2008 IP
  4. Meanna Blog

Meanna Blog Banned

Best Answers:
    Reading it now. I'll tell you what I think when I finish...

Anyone else read it?

Meanna Blog, Sep 18, 2008 IP
  5. Meanna Blog

Meanna Blog Banned

Best Answers:
    I suppose that the people that want most for free are the ones that are willing to scour the internet and read every forum available. Maybe these people don't value their time like they should??

Meanna Blog, Oct 10, 2008 IP
  6. thenerd

thenerd Peon

Best Answers:
    He has some extremely solid but quite expensive info products - such as the Business Growth System and Business Acceleration Program. He's quite into finding out what your strengths are so you can work out what work to do/not to do in your business. There's no scam - there's just information that might or might not be valuable to you, depending on your stage of development. If it's not useful to you because you pay but you aren't the intended audience, then you won't get the value.

thenerd, Oct 10, 2008 IP
  7. cscarpero

cscarpero Peon

Best Answers:
    He's certainly not a fraud. He's one of the few gurus that I have a lot of respect for. Even his free stuff is very valuable.

cscarpero, Oct 10, 2008 IP
  8. sortanew

sortanew Member

Best Answers:
    The truth is there arent many true players that teach how to systemetize in the business world with credibility. Ones that teach it are teachers and not neccessarily doers. I will just say he is lesser of the evils. He knows how to churn out great info, but, if you look at his background he is nothing more than a marketer who teach to marketers. I am not saying you cannot learn from him I am just saying he aint practice what he taught right away. Of course he does now because he got the money to do so. Hey, I would learn from him, or, you could learn from michael gerber who is another business teacher who teach business people. Another person who taught it before he done it. Just read his free reports or buy Gerber books or Tim Ferriss book it is alot cheaper.

sortanew, Oct 10, 2008 IP
  9. JohnnyLocke

JohnnyLocke Guest

Best Answers:
    LOL @ the affiliate link in the first post.

but yes, if he is a self claimed guru he probably is a fake

JohnnyLocke, Oct 10, 2008 IP
  10. copper12

copper12 Peon

Best Answers:
    Much to my surprise, he has a respectable amount of traffic. So I myself would give him a look see, just from that one fact alone.

copper12, Oct 10, 2008 IP
  11. sortanew

sortanew Member

Best Answers:
    WITH MONEY ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE.:)

sortanew, Oct 10, 2008 IP
  12. kozyavka

kozyavka Active Member

Best Answers:
    wow, copper. you are the one who is always skeptical and careful...

kozyavka, Oct 10, 2008 IP
  13. Nathan_Johnson

Nathan_Johnson Peon

Best Answers:
    I've only read a little of Rich's stuff and it was free, never bought anything
    from him, so I don't really know what to tell you?

Nathan_Johnson, Oct 10, 2008 IP
  14. Gallito

Gallito Peon

Best Answers:
    To be honest I have never heard of him before, it doesn't mean that he isn't well know, but it does disqualify him from my own mental list of gurus.

Gallito, Oct 10, 2008 IP
  15. sachy24

sachy24 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    He is the so called guru of the guru's. He mentored people like mike filsaime

sachy24, Oct 10, 2008 IP
  16. Carl Henry OBS

Carl Henry OBS Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Meanna,

You might be better asking if he knows what he is talking about rather than using the "F" word - he released several free reports which I read, then studied.

I have been in business for 30 years and found the free information very useful & thought provoking. I think it is best to do your research and then consider how helpful the initial info is in light of your own experience.

He makes a lot of sense because he sticks to common sense & practical approaches, what I think he has done is crystallize the development process down to accelerate the growth of the business.

If that is what you need to do then it is worth it,but you must also consider if your business model is at the stage that requires these advanced techniques, or, should you remain on a simplified path for a while longer.

Best wishes,

Carl Henry

Carl Henry OBS, Oct 11, 2008 IP
  17. sortanew

sortanew Member

Best Answers:
    One other thing. "Richie Rich" also studied under Jay Abraham which explains how he is able to teach sytemetizing businesses. Think about it, if your coach is teaching the business model then it is quite easy to inturn learn it and teach it. Throw in the mix that none of these so called gurus make it alone when you add Janet Switzer along with them. I bet your thinking wtf is Janet Switzer? Well she is the one who is behind Rich first product to bring him from unknown to known(Adding the flavor to his coming). She also is the one who packaged many of Jay Abrahams $5000 packages. The list goes on and on. My point is there is a little smoke and mirrors with these guys and there are things behind the scenes that goes on that you wont really see. Although, there are people that tell you what goes on you wont really understand until you're actually in their yourself.

Decide what you want your business model to be and go from there.

sortanew, Oct 11, 2008 IP
  18. slickricky

slickricky Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sounds like I might be the only person replying to this thread who actually spent money with Rich Schefren. Here's my review (I spent about $2500+ on his products)

1. They are very thought provoking, and high quality, IMO. They give you an education you need if you are starting a business and think its going to be some easy thing, (and in my case have a successful business, but its eating every ounce of time in your life)

2. He charges 10's of thousands of dollars to meet with him in person (if he even does that anymore?). If you only spend $2500 expect to get what you pay for relative to if you had done personal consulting with him or something. Meaning.... There is NO follow through, there is NO accountability, there is NO assurance that you will use what he's selling. (I personally tried his methods for awhile, but couldn't seem to get even 5 more minutes in a day without business dropping off substantially) Basically there is a lot of information for you, BUT (and this is important to understand) you're on your own for what you do with it.

At the end of the day, and in hind sight I would have spent my $2500 on 5-10 weeks or so of a personal coach who would follow up with me personally to promote the accountability and stick to-it-iveness that a system like this really needs to be effective in my opinion.

slickricky, Apr 11, 2011 IP
  19. Takgyu Kim

Takgyu Kim Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think that Rich is great teacher. but, His program is so difficult to think not to do it. His ideas is very deep.

Takgyu Kim, Aug 1, 2016 IP