1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What do you think about .CO domain names with nice keywords....?

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by Monisi, Apr 9, 2011.

I have .CO domains that are key words people frequently search on Google and nice for many businesses. Was a lot of work on anaysis on Google before buying them.

You can see attached file with statistics about popularity of each domain name (keyword) on Google. View attachment 50586

What do you think? I will appreciate any suggestions where to sell them?

Thanks.

Regards,
    Monika

Monisi, Apr 9, 2011 IP
  2. cashmanufacturing

cashmanufacturing Member

Best Answers:
    Interested also, always when i check EMD with godaddy they offer me .co extension... anyone have some experience with seo em ?

cashmanufacturing, Apr 9, 2011 IP
  3. psharma

psharma Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    However .co was a generic global domain but it didnt turned out to be a great extension to register your domains just like .biz etc. However good domains will still be valuable.

psharma, Apr 9, 2011 IP
  4. razorrazor

razorrazor Member

Best Answers:
    Sometimes they may become valuable, but not much...

razorrazor, Apr 11, 2011 IP
  5. dragtastic

dragtastic Member

Best Answers:
    its too early for anyone to forecast the future of CO domains, but i feel that any good one word keyword domain will sell and be worth money.

Personally, I dont see any value in the hyphenated domains you have.

dragtastic, Apr 11, 2011 IP
  6. 2000e46

2000e46 Peon

Best Answers:
    I hate to be harsh especially considering the fact that you do have some nice key words within your domains, but I'm Not a big fan of .co's.

They're being marketed in the United States as TLD's through GoDaddy among others, but they are not. They're Colombia domain extensions and will not hold very much value here in the US. Plus, they are going for almost $30.00 per year. That's crazy! In addition, all the short .co's were held by the Colombian government and auctioned off at much higher prices.

You're going to be better off getting what you can for them before the renewal fees and getting .us domains. if you're not going with a TLD, at least go with a TLD here in the United States such as .us. Plus, there are plenty of good ones left and currently on sale at GoDaddy.

2000e46, Apr 11, 2011 IP
  7. info

info Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    wait 2-3 years for big price increase in .co domains. we need lots of .co developed sites

info, Apr 12, 2011 IP
  8. 2000e46

2000e46 Peon

Best Answers:
    With all the domains she has, in two to three years she would have already handed over very hefty sum for renewal fees to keep them. Plus, there are a ton of new extensions being released at more reasonable rates. Furthermore, there are already a ton of country specific domain extensions available. .co is no different. The only difference is they are charging three times as much for these domains.

2000e46, Apr 12, 2011 IP
  9. Progrez

Progrez Peon

Best Answers:
    I think .CO domains are not that good.
    Even if they are unique domains, .COM and kind of .NET are the best domains.

Best regards.

Progrez, Apr 12, 2011 IP
  10. HeatherWhite

HeatherWhite Peon

Best Answers:
    .CO is easy to recognize, simple to remember and flexible to use. It offers international recognition in a fresh landscape where you can still choose the name you want, not just settle for what’s available.

HeatherWhite, Apr 12, 2011 IP
  11. 2000e46

2000e46 Peon

Best Answers:
    I respectfully disagree. It is only one letter shorter than .com and there are plenty of easy to remember domain extensions that are much less expensive. It does not by any means what so ever offer international recognition. It is a Colombian domain extension. The Colombian government owns and runs the extension, just like the US government owns and runs the .us extension. If you're in the us, register the .us extension. There are also plenty of good ones available. If you're in Colombia get the .co. If you want international recognition, get a .com, .net ect, but not a domain that represents a specific country.

2000e46, Apr 12, 2011 IP
  12. cerno

cerno Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think only .com domains have an intrinsic value of more than a few dollars except in rare cases

I think the dashes in some of the names is a second strike against those, what are the chances you will get type-in traffic expecting the person to remember the .co and then also remember to insert a dash? tough hurdle

developed and relying on search traffic, maybe the keywords will work, incredible sites get ranked regardless

good luck

report if you have any sales

cerno, Apr 12, 2011 IP
  13. Card

Card Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    .CO domains with good keywords have a very high value in the market and .CO domains companies specially like to buy as .CO relates to company :)

Card, Apr 12, 2011 IP
  14. 2000e46

2000e46 Peon

Best Answers:
    They don't relate to companies. The CO stands for Colombia! Just like .br stands for Brazil and .uk stands for United Kingdom. There have been a few companies using the .co as a marking ploy because it sounds catchy in certain instances. In other instances other domain extensions might sound catchy. But those companies, for instance Overstock kept their original .com domain for all intensive purposes other than a catchy commercial. With all the new domain extension applications out there and rumors that many will be approved, an overpriced country specific domain like .co will not keep any value.

On top of that factor in the bad economy and the very high renewal fees of .co ... it just doesn't make sense to get this domain extension unless you live in Colombia.

2000e46, Apr 12, 2011 IP
  15. dlatua

dlatua Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That's true. There are a lot of domainers who dream and think that .co will take the place of .com :p

dlatua, Apr 13, 2011 IP
  16. Deependro

Deependro Peon

Best Answers:
    That's true. There will be lot of domainers who's dream will come true if you miss to type m after .co

Deependro, Apr 24, 2011 IP