1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Article Submission Dead??

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by meenka, Mar 28, 2011.

1. Sarepean

Sarepean Peon

Best Answers:
    Techlunatic: I'm not sure if I understood you right, but did you suggest that submitting articles to different directories using the same I.P. could actually reduce the effectiveness of article submission for SEO?

Sarepean, Apr 10, 2011 IP
  2. theseoworkdotcom

theseoworkdotcom Peon

Best Answers:
    No article submission is good you add many link or resources in your article but link is related to your article...

theseoworkdotcom, Apr 10, 2011 IP
  3. seoservices7890

seoservices7890 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes article submission is good and one powerful method of SEO for your site.Submitting 1 article to different article is ok as long as your the original owner...

seoservices7890, Apr 11, 2011 IP
  4. daisy scott

daisy scott Active Member

Best Answers:
    after new Google farm update most of people are worried about article submission..whether this is now in use or not now ..but I would like to tell you it is as important as before definitely it ll create quality back links if you submit it carefully..your article should b unique ..before going to submit it to different directories u ll have to spin this in good manner.n submit to related good niche top article directory.

daisy scott, Apr 11, 2011 IP
  5. techlunatic

techlunatic Peon

Best Answers:
    Its easy for the search engines to detect WHO made the submission and whether the links are voluntary editorial links or 'created links' . Though creating links is not truly illegal in the eyes of search engines but if you are making many links to one article and all of them are made by you then its very easy to trace it as unnatural . It applies to article marketing as well as social bookmarking .

PS : Thumb rule - whatever you are doing to increase the SERPs is being watched by the search engines . That is why the same thing works for one but does not work for another one because of the difference in the way in which it is done . Everyone is doing article submissions and social bookmarking for their own sites , why do their rankings differ then ? SE are smart bots , atleast smarter than bloggers . If you try to trick the system you will be caught .

techlunatic, Apr 11, 2011 IP
  6. thunderbolt007

thunderbolt007 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Article Submission? I think it is now dead. Have you already watch about Matt Cutt's not fan of article marketing?

You can watch Do you recommend article marketing as an SEO strategy?

thunderbolt007, Apr 11, 2011 IP
  7. Jonah_fish

Jonah_fish Guest

Best Answers:
    If you are publishing unique articles with quality content and a couple of backlinks, then yes articles are definatley worth doing.

Jonah_fish, Apr 11, 2011 IP
  8. G30SPKI

G30SPKI Peon

Best Answers:
    Many people say its link farm. And google panda hate it. So be natural backlink is best option

G30SPKI, Apr 11, 2011 IP
  9. indyonline

indyonline Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Only if the article is unique and only on one site.

indyonline, Apr 11, 2011 IP
  10. theitom

theitom Peon

Best Answers:
    I have still had good results from article marketing, but I only do it on a small scale and try to make all articles interesting enough so that the first place I want them is on my own website. I then circulate to a small number of good sites. In general, I have to agree with techlunatic's points too.

theitom, Apr 11, 2011 IP
  11. pmaro

pmaro Peon

Best Answers:
    The higher quality directories have become more demanding. Ezinearticle now only accepts articles above 400 words (before it was 300 words)

I still submit to article directories and am getting some results (of course less than before but still getting some results)

pmaro, Apr 11, 2011 IP
  12. capstonic

capstonic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Also dont submit same article in many of the article sites.

capstonic, Apr 11, 2011 IP
  13. webmasterlabor.com

webmasterlabor.com Peon

Best Answers:
    I hate to say it but Articles for backlinks has been DISCOUNTED heavily by Google. I'm sure there's still SOME effect but due to the duplicate content concern by Google in their latest PANDA algo update, article backlinks have been weakened. Want proof? Check out what happened to one of the bigger article sites out there--ezinearticles.com

Focus instead of building real content relationships between your site and other players in your niche

webmasterlabor.com, Apr 11, 2011 IP
  14. techlunatic

techlunatic Peon

Best Answers:
    He is right ! You need authentic content that helps people for article marketing to work for anyone .

techlunatic, Apr 11, 2011 IP
  15. set2001

set2001 Peon

Best Answers:
    Article submission is still the most effective way to get the best backlinks on your own. Obviously the best way is have others write about your site and backlink but this is not always probable.

set2001, Apr 19, 2011 IP
  16. tech-guy

tech-guy Peon

Best Answers:
    I think article submission is really bad if you submit same article on different article sites. Article spinning is also not so good because articles are of really bad quality and Google is very good in finding spun articles.

If you really want to do article submission than do it smartly. I mean submit unique articles on different sites.

tech-guy, Apr 19, 2011 IP
  17. rorkosocial

rorkosocial Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmmm.. after reading this post.. i feel that article submission can not be treated on the same lines as directory submission. Original content on 2-3 article submission will work wonders than submitting on 30-40 article submission sites

rorkosocial, Apr 19, 2011 IP