1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Goodbye P&R

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by alexispetrov, Feb 11, 2011.

1. biger007

biger007 Peon

Best Answers:
    Alexis,
    i really really sorry to hear that....
    you really good person, and we passed alot ...for long, and oyu help me alot
    i want to write you that i love you very much , and wish you recover fast and back to regular life and happiness sap.
    if i can do somthing for you or help somehow please please let me know and i will do all i can do for you .
    god bless and help you

biger007, Feb 22, 2011 IP
  2. Elberengy

Elberengy Member

Best Answers:
    This thread belongs to general chat I believe so it's wrong to post it here , Anyway hope you recover soon .

Elberengy, Feb 27, 2011 IP
  3. Danielregwan

Danielregwan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Did you read the thread title? and I can't see what is 'wrong' about it.

Danielregwan, Feb 27, 2011 IP
  4. Elberengy

Elberengy Member

Best Answers:
    Yes , But Topic has no political or religious information so it belongs to General Chat . Anyway , I think it should be an exception as she is ill .

Elberengy, Feb 27, 2011 IP
  5. fastreplies

fastreplies Banned

Best Answers:
    Hey girlfriend, don't let illness to take over your mind and keep smiling in face of unknown.
    Keep your spirit high and your hope even higher and believe there will be positive outcome.

Get well,
    fastreplies

fastreplies, Mar 5, 2011 IP
  6. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Is it O.K. to pray for an Atheist...? THERE! I just satisfied the criteria for P&R!

Alexis, everything in my heart wills the best for you. I will pray for you - look at it this way - from your perspective, someone (me) will be thinking kind thoughts about you. You've gotta like that, right? Let us know how fast you improve.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2011
    Corwin, Mar 9, 2011 IP
  7. alexispetrov

alexispetrov Peon

Best Answers:
    It's been a little while and I've popped back in to check my PMs - and noticed this thread was still alive, which I was most touched by.

A brief update on my situation; I'm still having a hard time, my condition has not yet improved at all, however I am starting another medication today and I've been given some great stuff to help with the pain associated with the condition. So, no great news but it's still very positive. I am also not having too severe side effects from treatment thus far, which is fantastic and means my chances of going into remission look very good.

Thanks for all the lovely pictures on the previous page; and the kind words.

@biger007 - I appreciate that, thank you. Please rest assured that I will be OK and that before too long I hope to be back at DP, but until then I am just gone, resting, relaxing and making sure I give myself the best possible chance of getting rid of (even if only temporarily) this thing.

@Elberengy - It has no place in General Chat because I'm directly addressing those from P&R. This thread wouldn't mean a thing to anyone in General Chat as no one there knows me.

@Daniel - Cheers.

@fastreplies - Thank you <3 I am still positive. I'm getting knocked around a bit by the meds but having no horrific side effects as some unfortunate folks sadly do, and I have a great partner who is being very supportive, so I remain optimistic :)

@Corwin - Well played, Sir. I appreciate your kind words and as far as praying goes, I DO appreciate that. I really, genuinely do. I have no issues with prayer and while I don't believe there is a god, I do believe that one person willing another to be well, or sending them good wishes and kind thoughts, is a wonderful thing.

I'm off to reply to a few PMs before going off to take this new med and spend the night with my feet up in bed reading comic books - the one plus of illness is the rest that goes with it. Before this I hadn't had time to read a comic in a long, LONG time.

I will likely, quietly, stick my head in again in another few weeks - but until then, please all look after yourselves - and know that I miss you all.

Alexis xx

PS - I lol'd at "hedgehogs", Corwin.

alexispetrov, Mar 10, 2011 IP
  8. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've always believed laughter is the best medicine! Also comic books.

Corwin, Mar 10, 2011 IP
  9. biger007

biger007 Peon

Best Answers:
    anybody know whats going on with alexis ?
    i pray for god every day for her...
    so if someone know somthing...please let us know...

biger007, Mar 21, 2011 IP
  10. ApocalypseXL

ApocalypseXL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Good luck Alexis .

ApocalypseXL, Mar 24, 2011 IP
  11. alexispetrov

alexispetrov Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey guys,

While still very unwell I wanted to stop by and let you know I am, after a lot of fiddling around with meds and nausea, responding very well to treatment at this stage, which is really good news :)

A lot of you have PMed me but please rest assured if I don't reply to you today I will soon, it's just that there are a lot there and I am only meant to spend a brief amount of time at my desk - but I do appreciate all the lovely messages.

Stay well everyone, hopefully next time I post I will be even better still!

alexispetrov, Mar 24, 2011 IP
  12. cientificoloco

cientificoloco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Keep up with the positive attitude Alexis, wish you the best!

cientificoloco, Mar 25, 2011 IP
  13. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for checking in, Alexis. Stay well, stay strong!

Corwin, Mar 25, 2011 IP
  14. ApocalypseXL

Best Answers:
    Keep fighting Alexis you're soon gonna triumph over this .

ApocalypseXL, Mar 25, 2011 IP
  15. earlpearl

earlpearl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Alexis: Just popped in after being away for months. My heart felt wishes go out to you for recovery. I hope the docs find the issues and medicines that can find cures and remove the pain. Stay upbeat, stay strong!!!!

earlpearl, Apr 8, 2011 IP
    bogart likes this.
  16. wwws

wwws Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I feel sad to hear on what is happening to a good person and I hope the best in recovery soon,..and you will as you are too young to be sick.

...If this could cheer you up

[video=youtube;18UPCJdt08k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18UPCJdt08k&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Take care Alexis:)

wwws, Apr 11, 2011 IP
  17. alexispetrov

alexispetrov Peon

Best Answers:
    Great video :)

I'm stopping by to say things have improved DRASTICALLY these past couple weeks; I'm still by no means well/healthy but I am responding well to treatment now, very well indeed.

The time away from DP (I'm not coming back yet, nor will I be for awhile yet - I still need a lot of rest and no aggravation, haha,) has been very beneficial - more time to rest and more time to work at mastering Lua while I mostly keep my feet up.

Anyway, I'm in a good mood - things are improving, I'm slowly able to rest less and less and I'm making more of my time.

I do hope that all of you are doing wonderfully well - I often think of you all and hope you are up to some fun/profitable things.

Alexis. Xx.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2011
    alexispetrov, Apr 11, 2011 IP
  18. ApocalypseXL

Best Answers:
    Hey Alexis ,

I'm happy to hear that thing are moving in a positive direction , hope you'll be back soon to your old happy self . Stay strong and have rapid recovery .

ApocalypseXL, Apr 11, 2011 IP
  19. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Time away from P&R alone oughta make you healthier. Once exiled myself for months for mistakenly giving it too much attention. As you appear to have broken the habit, resuming after you get better is like beating lung cancer then going back to smoking a pack-a-day. Glad to hear you're making progress, hope the trend continues.

BTW, my old hijab wearing buddy stopped by to spread joy on my blog. Obviously has a bit of a crush. Knew he was the type when I saw that Pirates of Penzance costume.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2011
    robjones, Apr 11, 2011 IP
  20. ncz_nate

ncz_nate Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Time away from here has done wonders for my health. Keep it up , wish you the best.

ncz_nate, Apr 15, 2011 IP
    bogart likes this.