1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Launching a New Ecommerce Site

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by lostdog, Mar 24, 2011.

Hi,

I have been working on a new ecommerce site and I about half way done adding products. Can I launch it now of should I wait till all products are added?

lostdog, Mar 24, 2011 IP
  2. neil_buzzerchat_staff

neil_buzzerchat_staff Banned

Best Answers:
    launch it because you might get some payments.

neil_buzzerchat_staff, Mar 24, 2011 IP
  3. Markwebuk

Markwebuk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, you can upload your ecommerce portal and can check how it perform meanwhile you can add remaining products to your shopping cart. There are chances that you may get few orders till you are done with adding products to your website ;)

Markwebuk, Mar 24, 2011 IP
  4. jestep

jestep Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Assuming everything is functional and secure, I would launch ASAP. The sooner you get up the sooner you get rankings and sales. Unless you have some pre-existing traffic source, it's unlikely to get sales immediately anyway. There's really no reason not to launch as soon as you can.

jestep, Mar 24, 2011 IP
  5. Bagginthebargain

Bagginthebargain Peon

Best Answers:
    Be careful with that. I made a big mistake and posted my website before we had enough products and even before the design was done. zenshopping.ca. It was a big mistake, as I turned away a lot of people and the site wasn't looking very good. It's better now!

Bagginthebargain, Mar 24, 2011 IP
  6. gordon08

gordon08 Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't delay, I would say. Launch it if the site is functioning. Keep adding products and promoting the site at the same time. It takes a while for your site to get indexed anyway. By the way you finish adding your products, your site will get indexed.

gordon08, Mar 24, 2011 IP
  7. baronet-a

baronet-a Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nice eCommerce (http://www.dealshouter.com) u've got there. Do u mind sharing what platform you used?:) +rep in advance

baronet-a, Mar 25, 2011 IP
  8. robinbowers34

robinbowers34 Peon

Best Answers:
    I would say that you first complete your store and then launch it. It is because if you will loose those customers who will visit your store now and might not get the product for them.

Vontrump.com

robinbowers34, Mar 25, 2011 IP
  9. hhsaus

hhsaus Active Member

Best Answers:
    If the site is fully function (i.e the customers can buy the products you have uploaded so far) then definitely launch it. This gives the time to search engines to index and start ranking your site and the pages. It also gives you the chance to fix any problems that are only visible once the store is launched, and also it gives you insights as to how your currrent category/product pages are ranking and what you can do to improve.

hhsaus, Mar 25, 2011 IP
  10. Luxoria

Luxoria Peon

Best Answers:
    I can't really add much more than what was said but it's important to reinforce the need to launch the site ASAP. It takes Google a loooong time to get your site indexed and showing impressions, bing is even worse. So the sooner it gets launched the sooner you can build backlinks. I launched my site with 10 products, of course I added 65 more within two weeks. As long as it looks 'complete' and it fully functions, then launch it. =)

Luxoria, Mar 29, 2011 IP
  11. parting

parting Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can add your products gradually!

parting, Mar 30, 2011 IP
  12. shelinauto

shelinauto Peon

Best Answers:
    I’m not one to make comments on articles very often, but this information really spoke to me. It’s interesting and invaluable content presented in a very unique way. Thank you.

shelinauto, Mar 30, 2011 IP
  13. unbeatablegroup

unbeatablegroup Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would launch it if everything is functioning and looks complete.

unbeatablegroup, Apr 3, 2011 IP
  14. JerrickYeoh

JerrickYeoh Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can launch it now if your page is able to serve up your customers and the maintained do not affect your traffic. By the way if you unable to handle it , please do not start it because every edit of your website may lead some error or slow loading to your website. If your website is not function as customer aspect form your website. You will lost lot of traffic and do not come back to you again.

JerrickYeoh, Apr 3, 2011 IP
  15. diggathedog

diggathedog Peon

Best Answers:
    The trade-off between "incomplete product line - empty store/scare visitors" is a moot point if you're planning on finishing adding products in a relatively short time frame. The limited visibility of the site in search engine results will limit the number of people you'll attract initially, and delaying it's addition to search engines and allowing it to organically gain keyword positions is more likely to be penalising than the handful of visitors you might disappoint with a half-empty store.

diggathedog, Apr 5, 2011 IP
  16. rajeev_seo

rajeev_seo Peon

Best Answers:
    You don't need to waste time trying to "figure it all out," just log into your website from any computer with an internet connection and take advantage of the most user-friendly web site builder on the market. Adding pages and features to your website is as easy as writing an email. Load your products into the shopping cart, enter your PayPal address and your store is ready to take orders. It's just that simple.

rajeev_seo, Apr 10, 2011 IP
  17. jinnyshrestha

jinnyshrestha Peon

Best Answers:
    I would suggest that you launch the site and start submitting site to search engines and directories.. by the time you get your site ready you will be getting visitors....

jinnyshrestha, Apr 11, 2011 IP
  18. DangerousDavis

DangerousDavis Peon

Best Answers:
    Launch that baby! The search engines will also love that you are updating it when you are adding in the rest of the products.

DangerousDavis, Apr 13, 2011 IP
  19. Luxoria

Luxoria Peon

Best Answers:
    That's a good point DangerousDavis. That is one reason to make blog for your site even if all talks about is new products, promotions, and company reviews, keep it fresh and constantly updated! Come to think if it I need to do the same thing for my site, off to wordpress!

Luxoria, Apr 13, 2011 IP
  20. salini

salini Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you must have added all the products by now. Yes, you should have waited before launching cause one al is complete, you can expect hassle free transactions.

salini, Apr 27, 2011 IP