1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Online Marketing Checklist, am I doing enough?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by icekid, Apr 7, 2011.

1. ciscodiaz

ciscodiaz Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    3 more quick thunks...
    _ the adsense ads have little relation to the post topics (are you making any money with them?)
    update: I rechecked and there are more relevant now - must have been a google server lag or the particular posts were not keyword specific
    _ what % of visitors sign up for the newsletter or feed (can you make a compelling offer?)
    _ people who visit defence aviation sites also visit _________ (can you reach them there?)

another way to say it, is if the adsense is not making money, you can substitute: a) rotating content snippets and/or b) something like an Amazon widget for a book or video on your topic.

Your traffic and sales plan will different depending on your goal.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2011
    ciscodiaz, Apr 7, 2011 IP
  2. icekid

icekid Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Got the idea... But there are many sites which may have "military plane games" (just an example) now how to make sure my website comes on top?

Last edited: Apr 7, 2011
    icekid, Apr 7, 2011 IP
  3. icekid

icekid Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yea I make around $2-3 a day sometimes.. Once I got 5000 visitors/day for about 15 days (because Chinese had maiden flight of their first stealth fighter) during that period I used to made $20-$25/day..

Right now I am more concerned to make atleast 1000 visitors/day than making money from adsense.

icekid, Apr 7, 2011 IP
  4. ciscodiaz

ciscodiaz Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Good! That pays for hosting:)
    I guess I'm thinking to keep the content fresh, ping and get backlinks, post in topic forums, submit a few articles, offer a quality freebie for sign-ups, give some exclusive content to your list, reward them for spreading the word, then market only to your list (the VIPs!)

ciscodiaz, Apr 7, 2011 IP
  5. VSC

VSC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
  6. VSC

VSC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just keep adding content irregularly, pinging your site, getting backlinks (posting on related forums blogs with your sig) etc etc.

Google will notice you becoming an "authority" site, and steadily give your results more ranking.

When you build backlinks, build backlinks to pages, NOT homepage.

It's patience, time and effort!

If you had more than one site, and limited time and resources, I'd look at focusing on the most trafficed site and perhaps sell the others off ... just a thought. This particular niche is very tight, so to make money you'll have to widen it.

VSC, Apr 7, 2011 IP
  7. icekid

icekid Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    icekid, Apr 7, 2011 IP
  8. WorksForWeb

WorksForWeb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Post comments in dofollow blogs, bookmark pages of your website, post your website in directories with high PR, promote your website via Yahoo Answers.

WorksForWeb, Apr 7, 2011 IP
  9. VSC

VSC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How to specify the text that Google uses to judge what adsense ads to put on

VSC, Apr 8, 2011 IP
  10. alicemunn

alicemunn Peon

Best Answers:
    How to measure the result of adsense? What's good or bad generally?

alicemunn, Apr 8, 2011 IP
  11. icekid

icekid Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    icekid, Apr 10, 2011 IP
  12. VSC

VSC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    27,100 is for Broad matches, not exact. Broad means any phrase that has jf-a7 in it.
    For actual exacts it is 9,900 global and 880 exacts. So in the UK 880 people search specifically for "jf-17".

Look here:
    http://www.seomad.com/SEOBlog/google-organic-click-through-rate-ctr.html
    Number 4 on Google means an average of about 17% clickthrough.
    So you should be getting about 150 clickthroughs on average ... so 75 is low, yes.

This could be that the title of the blog post isn't what people are looking for, so they are going to other links.

If you click the magnifying glass graphic to get a preview of the site, which many people do, your site appears sparse of images - perhaps look at adding more photos to your posts to make the preview look more interesting?

Good luck.

VSC, Apr 10, 2011 IP
  13. npnhome

npnhome Peon

Best Answers:
    Your All step by step process for promoting the site is looking good. Yahoo answer and youtube are two best option for this. You link building is not so ok. You did not comment on so many blogs that are writing on your niche. If you provide unique information, valuable content then definitely there is a chance of getting links from other sites.

npnhome, Apr 10, 2011 IP
  14. Beatriz Cruz

Beatriz Cruz Guest

Best Answers:
    The basic link building methods should not be missed. Blog commenting, creating hubs, lenses etc.. This is not hard actually but really time consuming. Video marketing can also boost your visitor count.

Beatriz Cruz, Apr 10, 2011 IP
  15. webrules

webrules Peon

Best Answers:
    Social Bookmarking is good. But I will always prefer On Page SEO. It just like deposit money to the bank and get interest without any hardwork every month.

webrules, Apr 10, 2011 IP
  16. Tarum

Tarum Active Member

Best Answers:
    VSC is correct. Change your Meta Tags (description and title), it might not be what they are searching for.

If they search for jf-17 but see your article as jf-17 vs ar-90 (made it up), they probably won't click.

But please, go to your GA and check your bounce rate for organic traffic from Google.

Tarum, Apr 10, 2011 IP