1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Paypal Indian Policy Implemented - You cannot send balance funds to anyone now

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by ~~~~, Apr 5, 2011.

1. nihangshah

nihangshah Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Everyone can see 'Send Button'. But, payments can only be sent using credit cards.

nihangshah, Apr 8, 2011 IP
  2. shailbpl

shailbpl Member

Best Answers:
    VCC are accepted by paypal for sending money? please confirm so that i can go for it. I was thinking to get hdfc CC against RS 20 K FD . But VCC is better than CC. CC charges more fee.

shailbpl, Apr 8, 2011 IP
  3. Digital_shubhi

Digital_shubhi Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, they are accepted but in vcc you need to attach and remove one all time as it can be used once only.

So, the solution of that problem is to pay directly via vcc without Paypal and there won't be any problem.

Digital_shubhi, Apr 9, 2011 IP
  4. harrisunderwork

harrisunderwork Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I was going to suggest that too. There is no use to attach vcc if you can directly pay via it. An exception is if merchant only accepts pp, but thats a very rare case.

harrisunderwork, Apr 9, 2011 IP
  5. 1962vl

1962vl Peon

Best Answers:
    bloody our indian government and politicians are screwing us. Paypal is a company of its own and will work as per its terms and there is no wrong from paypal side because its worldwide accepted online currency portal, but our government is a silly shit thing which do not accept them and put lot of rules for them to operate so that RBI can make money. and screwing our own indians. Our government always try to screw the own people rather than screwing the foreigners. Bad on RBI which is making a major change in the indian freelancer community. Indian government should help freelancer, atleast they are making a living of their own.

1962vl, Apr 9, 2011 IP
  6. Bohra

Bohra Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Rules of Foriegn Exchange are strict in almost all countries i am sure there are restrictions in many countries out there but we are not aware

Bohra, Apr 9, 2011 IP
    Digital_shubhi likes this.
  7. a_sharma205

a_sharma205 Member

Best Answers:
    Restrictions are everywhere but corruption is not at such large scale as in India. I'm sure RBI officials must have demanded bribery from paypal by now. Paypal doesn't want RBI interference in its matters and doesn't provide its details to RBI simply because if they allow RBI to interfere, these RBI officials will only create more problems for PAYPAL later and demand bribery. I'm sure if it were an european country, paypal would be happy to help and solve the problems asap.

a_sharma205, Apr 9, 2011 IP
  8. nihangshah

nihangshah Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Paypal India should run mandatory detailed survey and ask what should be done and implemented accordingly.

The final decision should be implemented with 50% of Indian Paypal users opinions and the rest 50% of RBI opinions.

It's win-win situation for both parties. Nothing wrong or illegal. Sweet 50%-50% deal.

nihangshah, Apr 9, 2011 IP
  9. HumanVirus

HumanVirus Active Member

Best Answers:
    I guess differs from city to city. In my city they told me they don't issue CC against fixed deposits. Any other option folks apart from Shameless Bank Of India (SBI)?

HumanVirus, Apr 9, 2011 IP
  10. prasant4u

prasant4u Member

Best Answers:
    i am hdfc cc holder... they provide cc for 20k fdd ... hdfc cc cost just rs. 199/- per year..even that will waive if you pay more than rs.5000/- in first 3 months using that card

prasant4u, Apr 9, 2011 IP
  11. olddocks

olddocks Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Getting a credit card is not that easy and isnt like shopping in India. Credit card is like availing loan and indian banks have their own rules and regulations and it will take atleast about a month of processing time to issue you a visa/mastercard. Banks will say they will issue you a CC against fixed deposit but in reality its entirely different. Nowdays PAN is mandatory to get a credit card and they will ask too many questions about nature of your business, all sorts of verification, activities, IT returns for past 3yrs and so on...I guess PAN in your name is a MUST.

First go talk to your bank where you have held an account for more than 6 months and if you are good at maintaining balance, they will issue you a credit card without a deposit. If not the easiest way to get a credit card, ask your parents, brother, sister or relatives if they have a credit card. Just ask them to get a ADDON CARD in your name and you can use it with paypal. This is the easiest and quickest way to get a credit card.

I had this experience and so i wish many would know the ploy used by various banks in India. oh! during election time or other occasions, most banks will put a hold on processing new credit card applications.

olddocks, Apr 9, 2011 IP
  12. dimitri123

dimitri123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not the case with me at least. It was a simple process with HDFC. Opened an FD (I think they said the minimum is 10K). Got the CC in around 3 weeks with a credit limit of 75% of your FD.

dimitri123, Apr 9, 2011 IP
  13. prasant4u

prasant4u Member

Best Answers:
    Anyone received over $500 in paypal after 7th april ?

prasant4u, Apr 9, 2011 IP
  14. romie

romie Active Member

Best Answers:
    Any alternative ways to send money through paypal and not adding CC? What about B2 for ICICI bank? will be useful

romie, Apr 9, 2011 IP
  15. aspire

aspire Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have a credit card attached to the account but it's still not working for me for making payments. Wondering if there's a process as such...

aspire, Apr 9, 2011 IP
  16. Bohra

Bohra Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It would be way better if paypal tried to add a feature connecting internet banking to paypal... that way i am sure most of the crowd can get fixed up with this issue

Bohra, Apr 9, 2011 IP
  17. gamersplaygame

gamersplaygame Peon

Best Answers:
    Seems like PayPal hates Indians, always coming up with shit policies that would never be helpful for Indians HUH

gamersplaygame, Apr 9, 2011 IP
  18. RamCity

RamCity Peon

Best Answers:
    $1.89 will be charged to your Debit/Credit card to verify. But that will be added to your PayPal account.

RamCity, Apr 9, 2011 IP
  19. Padalda

Padalda Banned

Best Answers:
    Can we use Debit Cards to send the payments ?

Padalda, Apr 9, 2011 IP
  20. RamCity

RamCity Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes you can. If your Debit Card can be charged by PayPal upon verifying it, then you can send through Debit card after verification for sure.

RamCity, Apr 9, 2011 IP