1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

With newest Algo update do you think that W3c is more improtant?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by coopersPick, Jan 16, 2011.

Do you think that with the latest update with the algorithm that the W3c validation is more important now than it was before or is it not worth fixing?

coopersPick, Jan 16, 2011 IP
  2. cyberman808

cyberman808 Peon

Best Answers:
    All things being equal the search engines will give preference to sites which comply with W3C standards

cyberman808, Apr 7, 2011 IP
  3. beoding

beoding Peon

Best Answers:
    I thnik no important.

beoding, Apr 7, 2011 IP
  4. techlunatic

techlunatic Peon

Best Answers:
    Validation was never important for rankings nor will it be . It was a fluke raised by the webdesign companies to gain more traction and cash from boasting for "valid code" and charging more money for that . W3C is just a web standard for html and got nothing to do with search engine rankings . Even if you feed the search engine bot with proper text from within the < BODY > tag and there is an error with W3C standards because of a wrongly nested < div > then do you think search engines will rank it lower ??

If you want go ahead and check if the codes of techcrunch, technorati , mashable is valid , and let me know how many "validation crimes" these sites commit . If that assumption was true then they wont be dominating sites now .

W3C validation is like a dress code for a themed party - its good if you follow it , but conversely that does not mean that the host will kick you out of the party if you wear a different outfit !

techlunatic, Apr 7, 2011 IP
  5. cyberman808

cyberman808 Peon

Best Answers:
    For 2 years I put W3C compliance into the too hard basket. Lately I had a change of heart and took the bull by the horns. Once I got my first site error free, I got around my whole portfolio of sites and fixed them all in 3 days. I think the browsers bend over backwards to accomodate bad html which should never display at all. Generating clean code keeps me free from browser compatibility issues.

cyberman808, Apr 7, 2011 IP
  6. rosesmark

rosesmark Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think no because google said that now google more focus on website content,so its now we make the effective content for google.

rosesmark, Apr 7, 2011 IP
  7. kendu

kendu Peon

Best Answers:
    Nobody except bunch of academics at w3c cares about some stupid standards.
    Browsers were and are ignoring these standards till today. Google doesn't care
    if you have you tags closed properly.

kendu, Apr 8, 2011 IP
  8. parveen1989.seo

parveen1989.seo Guest

Best Answers:
    content is king in google.

parveen1989.seo, Apr 8, 2011 IP
  9. Adnan959

Adnan959 Member

Best Answers:
    W3C has always been important. And error free HTML document is the best thing you can do to your website. How else would the Google spiders crawl your website with ease?

Adnan959, Apr 8, 2011 IP