1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do you want to Quit your 9-5 Job?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by The Special One, Oct 19, 2006.

I am sure how frustrating it is working for your boss. Are you tired of your boss always ordering you?

How many here work a full time job? How many here are struggling to motivate themselves at work?
    I work in a full time job and I have to say it truly sucks - however, :p , people at my work dont know that I am also making money on the Internet :)

I am making a nice amount on the Internet - this is a good back up income to have.

I am hoping to quit my job in the near future to pursue a fulltime career on the Internet as a dot.com entreprenuer. Many have failed in the past but I think this is the best time to take advantage of the Internet.

THE INTERNET IS A POWERFUL MONEY MAKING TOOL​

I hope everyone here should set their goals high and dream of one day walking in their boss's office and telling him/her to stick their 9-5 day job up their ass - because YOU WILL BE YOUR OWN BOSS ONCE YOU ARE MAKING MONEY.

The point is you should always think one step ahead, thats what I always do at work, brainstorm ideas, even at night or when you are talking to your wife or kids.

I respect every single member on this forum because ALL of you have goals and those goals are clearly evident from the threads.

The Special One, Oct 19, 2006 IP
  2. xboxundone

xboxundone Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I dont want to I just did :) I will be my own boss on the net come nov 1 :) and i left a good paying job was an electrical engineer there is just way to much potential :)

xboxundone, Oct 19, 2006 IP
  3. marcvb

marcvb Peon

Best Answers:
    Of course, that's the whole point of it all isn't it? :p

marcvb, Oct 19, 2006 IP
  4. Computerized

Computerized Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As much as I'd like to work at home, I don't think I would unless I was making a steady income of at least $200,000/year or more by doing so. That's just me, however. :)

Computerized, Oct 19, 2006 IP
  5. website4wealth

website4wealth Peon

Best Answers:
    Sigh.. I am my own boss, and I work from the moment I wake up to the minute I felt asleep. Better off getting a 9-5 I tell you. Less stress because is your company's problem when something went wrong, not yours.

website4wealth, Oct 19, 2006 IP
  6. PayItForward

PayItForward Peon

Best Answers:
    Living on the edge trying to make it online is fun when you are first trying to get away from your 9-5, but most people can't take that very exciting risk, because of people who depend on them, like wives and children.

PayItForward, Oct 19, 2006 IP
  7. xboxundone

Best Answers:
    they key is getting people who depend on your to get behind you and encourage you to do it :)

8. MediaMagnet

MediaMagnet Peon

Best Answers:
    My 9-5 is fun enough for me :)

(living and breathing internet marketing)

MediaMagnet, Oct 19, 2006 IP
  9. The Special One

The Special One Guest

Best Answers:
    :) I am stuck in an office, taking orders from my possessive boss...!

LOL

The Special One, Oct 19, 2006 IP
  10. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    lol Sounds like every day of my life. Even though it's stressful though, I love what I do, and it keeps me incredibly motivated.

jhmattern, Oct 19, 2006 IP
  11. ottodo

ottodo Guest

Best Answers:
    dude it good to make money online
    but you have to think about the future too ;)

ottodo, Oct 19, 2006 IP
  12. Ash

Ash Peon

Best Answers:
    If you manage to set up an automated way to make money online its not so much of a problem... but yes working on the internet can be demanding.

Ash, Oct 19, 2006 IP
  13. marcvb

marcvb Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, it's true it's a risk, but isn't every business a risk? I'm kinda lucky coz I'm still young, and I work as a web developer with another guy and do web marketing on the side. But we both plan to stop making websites for companies when this thing kicks off.

But as Ash said, you need to automate the process for it to be worth while. And that's probably what makes web marketing better than other business's, coz it's something you may automate and literally make money while you sleep! It's worth the risk. :)

marcvb, Oct 19, 2006 IP
  14. arena

arena Banned

Best Answers:
    Yes iam totally confused.i have been an internet enterprenuer for past 5 yrs.But iam now in confused state whether to go to job or work online.Because internet is now flooded with large number of competitions.you have to overcome it.i am a graphic designer and i made many templates.so far i made living with this.But now templates are available for free which are beautiful than the template which costs.
    Also i cant overcome the piracy.once i finish the template and upload its been warezed.so its frustating.Also we cant trust adsense.so i do know how will be the future in the internet.

arena, Oct 19, 2006 IP
  15. xboxundone

Best Answers:

I agree completely its great to wake up in the morning an know while you sleep you made a 100 or a 1000 dollars :) its a great feeling!

16. DonKon

DonKon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yeah im sick of the military.. need to get a real job where i can sit down and dont have anyone on my ass 24/7.. Almost there..

DonKon, Oct 19, 2006 IP
  17. Utexas

Utexas Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah i hate going to school :|

Utexas, Oct 19, 2006 IP
  18. DFischer

DFischer Peon

Best Answers:
    I am pretty much my own boss :)

DFischer, Oct 19, 2006 IP
  19. 30k Challenge

30k Challenge Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I already did. :) I haven't worked at a job since 1998 and am thankful for it every day that I wake up.

Cheers.

30k Challenge, Oct 19, 2006 IP
  20. Deadlock

Deadlock Active Member

Best Answers:
    Currently this is my sole income. Mostly becuase I am in college right now. But I hope I can continue to work on this and excell myself in these fields. It is great waking up anytime you want and working anytime you want. Yes you have to work your ass off but I actually enjoy it. But I am no where near to having this become my full time job without college or anything. Maybe 4 years in college will help me. But only time will tell.

Deadlock, Oct 20, 2006 IP