1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Running out of link sources!

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by stuartw87, Apr 6, 2011.

Hi guys,

Hope someone can help. I'm rapidly running of out link sources. I've rinsed web directories (can't afford to pay for any more), blog posts all seem to be nofollow or don't publish any replies (even though I try to keep them informative). I've tried forum profile backlinks - didn't really work. Haven't done much article writing but posted my first article to ezinearticles - was rejected saying not enough original content. Well, I'm pretty sure my field is well and truly rung dry with articles. Not sure where to go from here really. Any help would be appreciated. Really.

Cheers,

Stu

stuartw87, Apr 6, 2011 IP
  2. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Impossible ... you are lazy

There are around 4k free dirs (each month here at DP several new free apear ...) did you submit to all this ?
    Forum / profiles sites there are at least 6-10k did you do that many ?

Articlers from time to time is good

Social Bookmarking is also an option ....

w3bmaster, Apr 6, 2011 IP
  3. anthonyv332gb

anthonyv332gb Peon

Best Answers:
    Look for web 2.0 sites

anthonyv332gb, Apr 6, 2011 IP
  4. anthonyv332gb

anthonyv332gb Peon

Best Answers:
    You've gotta take time doing some extra effort

anthonyv332gb, Apr 6, 2011 IP
  5. saicou

saicou Peon

Best Answers:
    I am the same status as you.....

saicou, Apr 6, 2011 IP
  6. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I have the same problem.
    After submitting to 40,000 directories, hitting the blogs for each keyword I'm competing, it can be tough to find stuff now.

Stu
    Make a Squedo Lens, add a facebook group, go to myspace, twitter, stumpleupon, linkrefferal, etc. Or yeah.....you can never run out of blogs to reply in.

Laceygirl, Apr 6, 2011 IP
  7. scking

scking Peon

Best Answers:
    Silly ...ridiculous. Create your own link directory on your site. Believe it or not, your site does get some traffic, while maybe not a whole lot. You should make it easy for people to exchange a link with your website. If people see you have a directory on your site with categories related to theirs, and that directory automatically approves the links for you, then it will get you links. I think most people are brainwashed into thinking they have to go expend money and spend hours of their time getting links. If you make your own directory, you stand a better chance of keeping those links than you will if you get one of your articles into an article directory for a few months. There are so many spammy articles around, many get deleted in no time. The question really boils down to how you value your time.

scking, Apr 6, 2011 IP
  8. shailenderkumar

shailenderkumar Member

Best Answers:
    LinkRefferal is best way to generate traffic and SERP as well.

shailenderkumar, Apr 6, 2011 IP
  9. stuartw87

stuartw87 Member

Best Answers:
    Hey guys,

Thanks for the ideas. So far, I've probably only submitted to 300 directories in the past 3 months only a handful (ie, the bigger, more expensive ones) have been picked up as backlinks. I've hit about 1800 forum profile links. I've also written squidoo lenses.

As for social bookmarking .. not really sure how to do this. I mean, I've obviously clicked on the share button on my websites and added to them, but is that it? Is there more I need to do? Also, not sure what other web 2.0 sites there are?

And like I say, blogs are either nofollow or my comments are moderated out. I've also been trying to write articles (for my site though) to help with extra content.

I don't mind putting in the time (although it is hard as I work full time as a .net web programmer and have a family) and want to succeed but filling in 4k directory entries would take up quite a slice of my free time!

stuartw87, Apr 7, 2011 IP
  10. Scissor

Scissor Peon

Best Answers:
    I can't even post blog backlinks thanks to Akismet or what ever flagging me constantly when only one person flags one of my comments as spam, if your comments are dissapearing into thin air you're probably being blocked by Akismet because some one flagged you as spam even if your posts are informative.

Scissor, Apr 7, 2011 IP
  11. hhsaus

hhsaus Active Member

Best Answers:
    Stu,

What about trying to get links from related sites? Have you tried that? These backlinks are not easy to get, but are the best links you can possible have.
    I wouldn't waste time or money on web directories, 99.5% of them are utterly useless.

hhsaus, Apr 7, 2011 IP
  12. cyberman808

cyberman808 Peon

Best Answers:
    Looks like we're all in the same boat. I found some good inspiration reading some books from Seth Godin on marketing generally.

cyberman808, Apr 7, 2011 IP
  13. revenueshare

revenueshare Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can also do blog commenting. There are millions of blogs out there.

revenueshare, Apr 7, 2011 IP
  14. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:
    create your own blog network.

contentboss, Apr 7, 2011 IP
  15. @discussiPhone

@discussiPhone Peon

Best Answers:
    As far as Web 2.0 sites go, hubpages.com is worth mentioning. It has profile dofollow links and in-article links are dofollow if you have an appropriate profile ranking.

@discussiPhone, Apr 7, 2011 IP
  16. Scissor

Scissor Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a hubpage with a dofollow link in it, but I lose my ranking all the time and have to login and rate other peoples stuff to get it back, how long does it take to see your backlinks in after posting them? And no money to pay for articles to be written or buy a article spinner or what ever and I'm terrible at writing.

Scissor, Apr 8, 2011 IP
  17. egiftcards4u

egiftcards4u Peon

Best Answers:
    what is linkrefferal?

egiftcards4u, Apr 8, 2011 IP
  18. rotalihinna

rotalihinna Peon

Best Answers:
    Use Web2's like Hubpages and Squidoo to link to your webpage. Then, build links to those Web2's, not your own webpage.

rotalihinna, Apr 9, 2011 IP
  19. diy-day

diy-day Peon

Best Answers:
    I read somewhere (on a blog where I was participating in a discussion, ironically) that guest-blogging was one of the single best ways - if not the best way - to get trusted and meaningful inlinks to your site.

diy-day, Apr 9, 2011 IP
  20. China_girl

China_girl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well then I think you have missed out a lot. Check out for the "addthis" widget and create accounts in all the sites which are there in this widget. Everyday submit one URL in all these bookmarking sites you have registered. While doing this (everyday) make sure you add atleast 10 new users from each site as your friends, this way you will have a good amount of friend's list in all these sites by the end of first month. Make sure you also include cross bookmarking as a daily task while submitting your URLs in these networking sites. ;)
    Hope this helps !!!

China_girl, Apr 10, 2011 IP