1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do i really need that extra link ?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by adminworld, Mar 17, 2011.

I have a quick question for you guys. Help me understand what is more valuable 1 extra link or unique content for my site ?

Today i was think that i will post an article to EnzineArticles (its been over a year since my last article) and i will place a link to my site, as usual. But is it really worth it ?

Instead of placing the article on Enzine i can place it on my site and get the traffic to my site. In the last year about 100 people came to see my Enzine article and only 6 click the link to my site. So my question to you is, why dont i get those 100 people ?

The way i see this, there are no "real" benefits from all these article placements. So what that i get 1 extra link, all of my enzine artcile dont even have PR0.

So help me understand, is it worth using article directories and not ?

adminworld, Mar 17, 2011 IP
  2. krishnaegurus

krishnaegurus Peon

Best Answers:
    "why dont i get those 100 people ?".. For this i say may be those people didn't find your article interesting and you cant expect a min 30-50% conversion also at times. Just submitting 1 ezine article can't give you great exposure and traffic you are expecting here but yes a link from ezine will have positive impact on your website as you receive a link from a website which search engines trust more(they have higher PR than you)

Finally A Link from high PR website is always good. Also right now with recent google algorithm update quality content is also imp factor. So you got to work on a mix on both

krishnaegurus, Mar 17, 2011 IP
  3. BurnOut

BurnOut Banned

Best Answers:
    The only good side i see with enzine, that you can get some good backlinks, but everything else is a bad side...

BurnOut, Apr 5, 2011 IP
  4. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes you need
    Any extra link can help ...

The content thing is over rated
    And sincerly there are plenty of sites types (like shops online) where the content thing is not very valueble .... only for INFORMATIVE websites ... in that niche content can do wonders ... but still if you don't have rankings (without backlinks that's like no chance of getting rankings so you can have the best content in the world if nobody finds your site is useless ) ...

w3bmaster, Apr 5, 2011 IP
  5. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I will say yes. You can't expect all the people read your article like your article and click on the link
    You shall know that it still generate traffic to your site and it still helps you in serp

lifeplayer, Apr 5, 2011 IP
  6. adminworld

adminworld Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Guys, a few people a year is not considered traffic. The pages where my article are has "no page rank information available" - its not even 0. So i am not even sure if google considers that a link from a page like that.

I see what you are saying, and i agree that links are important. I am just not sure if those article websites are worth it.

adminworld, Apr 5, 2011 IP
  7. jalanbk

jalanbk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Google consider all links irrespective of PR of the page...

And having links pointing to your site gives authority to your site in Google's eye so you get better SERP...

It is not about people reading your article and then clicking the link on ezine to reach your site, those article give boost to SERP of your site.... and hence much more traffic ...

jalanbk, Apr 6, 2011 IP
  8. clickfind

clickfind Guest

Best Answers:
    yes, you need links back to your site, it's not about those 6 people clicking your article link, it's about the search engines seeing that link and counting it towards the popularity of your site and ranking.

clickfind, Apr 6, 2011 IP
  9. anthonyv332gb

anthonyv332gb Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, you need significantly the extra link. It improves search engine indexing,

anthonyv332gb, Apr 6, 2011 IP
  10. anthonyv332gb

anthonyv332gb Peon

Best Answers:
    The more extra link, the more the search engine will find your site. Therefore good traffic.

anthonyv332gb, Apr 6, 2011 IP
  11. DanAbbamont

DanAbbamont Guest

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't waste a decent piece of content on an article directory. I'm not going to spend time writing to get a link from a site Google openly condemns as a content farm. If the content is actually good I'll post it on my own site and let it attract natural links, or offer it as a guest post to a site that's actually authoritative.

If I were going to submit an article for links I'd spend $5 on it and bulk submit it.

DanAbbamont, Apr 6, 2011 IP
  12. jalanbk

jalanbk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

If google mark a site as content farm ranking of that particular site is affected... Not the site which is getting link from the so called content farm site....

There are thousands of article directories but only 2-3 of them appear in Google at good serp position rest all don't have so good position....

So Google has always marked them as content farm, it is only now that they made it public and hitting hard on those 2-3 article directories as well

jalanbk, Apr 11, 2011 IP