1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Customer follow up techniques

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Ladan Lashkari, Jan 4, 2007.

During these years that I have been running my business on the Internet, I have seen how many people are neglecting a very important part of their marketing strategy.

So I decided to share some techniques about it with you here today to help you grow your business and profits more easily.

Here's a fact: One of the biggest differences between highly successful businesses on the Internet is in the important factor of customer follow up.

Because it's been proven that it's many times easier to sell to your existing customers again and again, instead of going out there and finding new prospects and trying to convince them to buy from you for the first time.

So let me ask you a question: After you have spent a lot of money and energy to finally gain a prospect's trust and get them to order your product, what do YOU do?

Do you forget about them and go for getting new prospects and continue trying hard to sell to them?

If you do this, let me be frank with you: You are losing over 80% of your profits.

So here are 3 powerful techniques to help you avoid losing so much potential profits by easily following up with your past customers...

Technique #1: Automated Follow Up Emails

This is the best and fastest way to follow up with your customers, build a strong relationship with them, and sell more and more of your products to them automatically.

You can simply use a powerful autoresponder solution and put all your followup email messages on autopilot, so that the software keeps sending them your messages week after week, month after month, completely automatically and without you lifting a finger.

Sending email is free and fast. That's why email marketing is one of the hottest Internet marketing strategies these days that all successful Internet businesses use.

Technique #2: Customer Follow Up with A Newsletter

A newsletter is one of the best ways to keep in touch with your customers and create an on-going relationship with them.

Your newsletter will be a more effective follow up strategy than just keep sending your customers promotional, sales letter like emails, because you first pre-sell to them by giving them helpful information.

Then after you have gained their trust and respect, you will let them know about your products and it's obvious that they will listen with a much more open-to-buy mindset.

Also creating your own newsletter is very easy. You just need to create a template for your newsletter or use ready-made free newsletter templates easily.

Technique #3: Snail Mail Customer Follow Up

Even though there's email and it's much faster, easier, and cheaper to send your messages to your customers via email, snail mail is still an effective medium.

And these days with the huge amount of spam that people receive, the odds that your email gets neglected is much higher than your snail mail letter. Also sending your customers a professional letter will make you stand above the crowd between your other competitions.

To your customer follow up success, :)

Ladan Lashkari

Ladan Lashkari, Jan 4, 2007 IP
  2. sbongo

sbongo Peon

Best Answers:
    How often should we send them follow up emails before they label our emails as "spam"?

I love the idea from technique 3 btw:0

sbongo, Jan 4, 2007 IP
  3. Ladan Lashkari

Ladan Lashkari Active Member

Best Answers:
    It depends how much you succeed at building a relationship with them.

If you don't build a relationship and just keep sending them hard-sell emails, every time they see your email, they will scream "spam!"

But if you also provide helpful information to them and help them, and at the same time let them know about your products, every time they see your email, they will become happy and your email will be the first one to be opened that day.

The difference is very much.

"So how can I build a relationship with them?" You might wonder.

That's simple: First HELP them. Then sell to them.

Ladan Lashkari, Jan 4, 2007 IP
  4. Senshee

Senshee Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree that following up with the customers is key to keeping that open communication and building a relationship. Also it is important to make sure you are offering them some useful information which in turn will get them asking questions what do I do next, do I need this and how is it going to help me.

Senshee, Apr 4, 2011 IP
  5. natorob

natorob Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have found that sending 2 emails per week works pretty well; and don't just send over 2 sales emails or you will see your "unsubscribes" skyrocket..

My best results have been 4 emails; 3 with good content, then the 4th with a strong product recommendation.

So my guys stay around to get good info; and they only get hit a with a sales email once very 2 weeks...

natorob, Apr 4, 2011 IP
  6. Avesel

Avesel Peon

Best Answers:
    Not a bad article overall.

Avesel, Apr 4, 2011 IP