1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adsense placement within content?

Discussion in 'Placement / Reviews / Examples' started by lyth0s, Apr 3, 2011.

I have my ad block after the first paragraph, should they be to the top left corner surrounded by my first paragraph? I don't think having text wrapping around the ad looks that visually appealing, but my CTR is extremely low so maybe my placement is bad? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

http://elitepcbuilding.com/

lyth0s, Apr 3, 2011 IP
  2. Smitten

Smitten Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You should always try different ad placements to see what works best in your website. Do not take any advice for granted, not even what I'm about to dispense. You should change one thing at a time so you can get a sense of how it affects overall performance.

Here are some changes you may want to consider trying:

1) definitely wrap the text around the big square ads using a div box. Insert one such ad immediately bellow the post title; it will get the most clicks.

2) on the left sidebar, putting the google ads above the main menu will yield more clicks.

3) Clear as much space as possible above the fold. For example, those share.me chiclets would make more sense at the end of the article, they're just taking up room up top.

Smitten, Apr 3, 2011 IP
    lyth0s likes this.
  3. lyth0s

lyth0s Member

Best Answers:
    I adjusted the adsense on the first page to have the text wrap around it, could you have another look at let me know what you think?

lyth0s, Apr 3, 2011 IP
  4. fernades

fernades Member

Best Answers:
    My opinion is to place the vertical ad to the right side bar instead of placing it in the left side, will help you to get more clicks. And also place one 5 unit ad in beneath the Menu area.

fernades, Apr 5, 2011 IP
  5. techbrij

techbrij Peon

Best Answers:
    techbrij, Apr 18, 2011 IP
  6. shulink

shulink Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In my experience, put the adsense above the content but below the title perform the best.

shulink, Apr 18, 2011 IP
  7. Ashle S

Ashle S Peon

Best Answers:
    You should always try different ad placements to see what works best in your website.

Ashle S, Apr 18, 2011 IP
  8. parting

parting Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Try a few times of different places then you will find the best one fit you.

parting, Apr 18, 2011 IP