1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to create duplicate wordpress blog networks?

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by powerboss, Apr 2, 2011.

I want to create a set of 15 wordpress blogs.

I want to add a post on 1 wordpress blog and the same post should be visible on other 14 blogs, without manually adding on those 14 other blogs.

Its a like a single network.

Any experienced wordpress expert, please help me on this issue. I am seeing lots of options on google search but confused a lot.

Thanks.

powerboss, Apr 2, 2011 IP
  2. npnhome

npnhome Peon

Best Answers:
    Wordpress 3.0 provide creating a newwork. There is no need to install the script again and again in different site to make a net work. Read the documentation here http://codex.wordpress.org/Create_A_Network

If you have already installed many wordpress sites, you can use some blogging firefox add-on like "ScribeFire" to post the same content in all your network site. But I recommend not to use duplicate content.

npnhome, Apr 3, 2011 IP
  3. Luckysacrifice

Luckysacrifice Peon

Best Answers:
    What he wants to do is for example make 10 directory websites using wordpress and when he submits one link on directory 1, he also wants that link to be submitted to the other 9 directories, The way that i see would be possible doing this is simply using the same database name for each wordpress site on your domains, but the problem you would face is the field in the wordpress installation "site_url" ...

Luckysacrifice, Apr 3, 2011 IP
  4. powerboss

powerboss Active Member

Best Answers:
    If we follow the method from this http://codex.wordpress.org/Create_A_Network, it will be like we are adding content to sub-domains not other domains.

powerboss, Apr 3, 2011 IP
  5. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    If you want to set up a network using custom domains, you need to set up domain mapping.

Setting up duplicate, identical networks with the exact same content is a waste of time. I don't know why anyone would do that. It will just make them all worthless.

hmansfield, Apr 3, 2011 IP
  6. esektor

esektor Peon

Best Answers:
    If you really want to do this you can go to this site codex.wordpress.org/Create_A_Network, here you will find instructions for creating a network on wordpress blog.

esektor, Apr 3, 2011 IP