1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Average price for good/great copywriter?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by coopersPick, Mar 18, 2011.

What would you say the average price for a good copy writer would be for somebody who has a lot of experience in say a sports handicapping field be for 450 word article as well as 1250-2000 squeeze pages, and just simple 100 word email copy ?

Also what experience, suggestions, and feedback can you give me about copy writers?

coopersPick, Mar 18, 2011 IP
  2. Accelerin

Accelerin Guest

Best Answers:
    $6 for 450 words. and $1.5 for 100 words in my views.
    Thanks

Accelerin, Mar 19, 2011 IP
  3. InfraMek

InfraMek Peon

Best Answers:
    Copywriters' first clients are themselves. The better they write, the more they are paid, specifically, when they write for themselves.
    Good copywriters make money with their writing. Smart good copywriters write their own paycheck. Writing for someone else, besides themselves, can seem a distraction from their primary business of writing for themselves.

Smart good copywriters need to be convinced that they will make more money by writing for someone else than they will make writing for themselves.

When you read proposals by good copywriters, you want to hire them because of how good their writing is, in their proposals and it is as obvious as the words on a page. When smart good copywriters hear business offers it is always with the understanding that they must appear more likely to profit greater by writing for another business, before they will write for another business, according to the 2 Laws of Money.

The 2 Laws of Money:
    1. More is better than less.
    2. Sooner is better than later.

As you can see, I have thought about this. As a result of my thinking, my thoughtful response to your question is:

The average price for a good/great copywriter is as much as your budget allows, plus as much as you can borrow, plus a percentage of the gross, (that is off of the top), and after all of that you will still make money, more money, very likely much more money, net, after all expenses, than you would have made by paying a less than average price by holding back.

Otherwise, IMHO, you are not looking for a good/great copywriter.

InfraMek, Mar 19, 2011 IP
  4. Thales

Thales Peon

Best Answers:
    You sound like a serious buyer, so if this is going to be a regular thing, I suggest you approach an agency to assist you with this.

If this is a one-off, then, an experienced niche copywriter will set you back a couple of grand. Ask for proven samples, phone referrals where possible and a brief outline of what he intends to do to gauge if his vision is acceptable to you. Otherwise, approach your competitor sites that impresses you the most and just mail them, asking about their writer.

Thales, Mar 19, 2011 IP
  5. jewel3000

jewel3000 Peon

Best Answers:
    To get a good writer who clearly knows your special niche -- because most don't know sports betting -- you probably should plan to spend at least 8 to 10 cents per word.

My guess is you could find someone "great" to do a 450-word article for about $40.00.

Honestly, this would be a bargain. Someone who really knows their stuff knows that you won't find anyone else like them. So really, they could demand a lot more than $40.00 for an article this length.

You can pay less and you'll probably get an article that's not very original or convincing. A lot of times, readers can tell when your information is too basic, when the writer isn't deeply experienced.

If your audience includes people who know their sports betting stuff, I wouldn't mess around with cheap writing. You'll lose credibility. Serious buyers will probably go elsewhere for more powerful, sure-sounding info that's from a "pro."

jewel3000, Mar 20, 2011 IP
  6. Accelerin

Accelerin Guest

Best Answers:
    Well. In my views the price for a good article writer is $1 for 100 words. And for a great article writer is $5 for 100 words.

Accelerin, Mar 25, 2011 IP
  7. chant

chant Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would charge a minimum of $800 for my services, but then again, I have the experience and proof to back up my worth.

Paying someone a few bucks to get highly converting sales copy for your web page? Good luck with that.

chant, Mar 26, 2011 IP
  8. Thales

Thales Peon

Best Answers:
    Absolute fallacy!
    Everyone knows that a good article writer charges $1.34 per 100 words whereas a great article writer's going rate is $5.48 per 100 words.

But in any case, it's irrelevant as Cooper wants a copywriter, not a content writer. Oh man.... And I had such high hopes...

Thales, Mar 26, 2011 IP
  9. Thales

Thales Peon

Best Answers:
    PM me some links mate.
    I hate doing sales pages, and if my client likes what they see, I'll hook you up with them.

Thales, Mar 26, 2011 IP
  10. webcontentdiva

webcontentdiva Peon

Best Answers:
    There is no average price. Every copywriter charges according to their own experience and pricing strategy. Some charge by the word, others by the page and others by the project. What you may pay one copywriter $50 to write may cost you thousands with another copywriter. Specialties also play a role in pricing. If you need a financial services copywriter, they are going to charge more than a generalist (similar to how a heart surgeon charges more than a general practitioner).

webcontentdiva, Mar 31, 2011 IP
  11. dorothydot

dorothydot Peon

Best Answers:
    Absolutely right. A really good copywriter is going to cost you - but you'll recoup that cost plus!

And to find the best copywriter for YOU, here are some tips that might help:

* You need, first off, to make a list of copywriters that you consider to be successful and who have already written for products similar to what you are marketing.

* Now check out the website and sample writings of each copywriter. Read carefully! Get a sense of each copywriter's style of writing, use of words, flow of thoughts. This is where the rubber hits the road.

* Narrow your list down to the top 2 or 3 copywriters.

* Contact each copywriter and ask if they would be interested in writing for your project (give a bit of an explanation) and if they are, could you arrange a time to discuss it further.

* Here you are looking for someone who can mesh their skills with your skills, who can work with you and meet your expectations.
    * Personality counts, now; do you want a dictator who says, "I know best and you will take what I give you" or do you want a partner who says, "I can help and let's talk more" or do you want an employee who does exactly what you tell them to, don't ask questions.

Hope this helps

Dot

dorothydot, Mar 31, 2011 IP
  12. JosiahHumphrey

JosiahHumphrey Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you're talking about article writers, because if you are looking to hire real copywriters you shouldn't spend less than 1k.

Josiah.

JosiahHumphrey, Apr 7, 2011 IP