1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Rise of Social SEO - Google launched +1

Discussion in 'Google' started by Websys_seo, Mar 31, 2011.

Google has unveiled an experimental feature of +1 in SERP. With this a logged in user can promote or refer any website for a particular search query if he wants.

Place your experience and your opinion about how this can influence SEO.

Websys_seo, Mar 31, 2011 IP
  2. saladflorida

saladflorida Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
  3. enriquerojas

enriquerojas Active Member

Best Answers:
    The +1 won't affect ranks, the +1 won't give competitors an edge. The +1 is simple, register users can +1 a result even an adword ad. This affects SEO in a simple way, and I'll educate you. With many people using the android platform (witch requires a Google account by default) Google is pushing to make all this people connect using Buzz. Now once they are connected they will be able to see "John Doe Ranked this site". Now let's give you 2 examples, should we?

Example #1:
    User A tells User B and C to search for "Funny SEO Guy". Both user B and C search. Both ask User A witch one? User A gives a +1 to a specific site and User B and C can see this. They jump into this site right away.

Example #2:
    User A begins searching for "Funny SEO Guy", then on the SERp's he notice the last result say +1 - User X ranked this site. He jumps right into the site.

What we learned so far? That Google is little by little creating methods to take a toll on SEO. SEO is dead, been telling people this for quite a while. They laugh. But SEO is dead. Still SEO is needed but now is an option to combine with other online marketing options.

enriquerojas, Mar 31, 2011 IP
  4. itgig

itgig Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes; i dont think so it will affect much; but i need to study more and i will get back to this thread soon.

itgig, Mar 31, 2011 IP
  5. FREE BET

FREE BET Peon

Best Answers:
    I thought it was going to be more of a facebook type of deal here...

FREE BET, Mar 31, 2011 IP
  6. JC007

JC007 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think +1 is just another way that G can track people's behavior :)

JC007, Mar 31, 2011 IP
  7. China_girl

China_girl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Friends, do you really believe this is gonna help any kind of SEO, I dont think so. This is just another way of google, diverting us or misleading us from the fact that they have introduced the panda theory and have given a big blow on most of the webmaster's business. How much has the like feature helped for all of us in facebook for the businesses, not even more than 10%. Also now that facebook too has disabled the option of suggest to friends, fan page is almost dead, group will get us more business. This same goes to this +1 system of google too.

China_girl, Mar 31, 2011 IP
  8. jerton

jerton Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Google had already launched to bookmarking option also for the sign in users on gmail. +1 option of Google has been launched to compete with Facebook.

jerton, Mar 31, 2011 IP
  9. niwire

niwire Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I agree, Facebook now is more competitive

niwire, Mar 31, 2011 IP
  10. epixeltech

epixeltech Peon

Best Answers:
    For gaining qualitative traffic at your site you must prefer SERP. Facebook,stumble upon, Reddit, digg are more competitive.

epixeltech, Mar 31, 2011 IP
  11. Websys_seo

Websys_seo Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks to all of you for such a wonderful feedback.

Regarding the conclusion, i think +1 will not going to be incorporated with ranking algorithm as if this happens then the relevancy of websites in SERP will completely overturn by spamming.

Now if it only meant for viewing people about the number of referrals (by number of +1s) then websites within any single page of SERP (say results from 1-10 in one page, 11-20 on second..) will compete with one another and here the result in bottom line with huge number of +1s and takeover results in 1st position in terms of clickthrough.

Lets wait and see how it goes but i again conclude that this will not going to effect our regular SEO regime.

Websys_seo, Apr 1, 2011 IP
  12. dpleaton

dpleaton Peon

Best Answers:
    While this +1 feature does will not affect ranking for now, I'm sure google will be analysing the results carefully. You can bet that if there is some value in it then in the future we are likely to see this factor affect ranking to some degree.

dpleaton, Apr 1, 2011 IP
  13. eLeSlash

eLeSlash Active Member

Best Answers:
    I didnt knew about this, il get more infos and come back with a comment.

eLeSlash, Apr 1, 2011 IP