1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

HELP: I am going to destroy something - phpmyadmin and easyphp

Discussion in 'PHP' started by MrLeN, Mar 27, 2011.

I have been using easyphp for many years.. maybe nearly 10 years.

I have always used it to build php websites with no database.

From time to time, I decide I';ll try to get a database running (probably once or twice a year for the last several years), and each and every time I wind up with this conclusion:

"Oh yeah, that's right. I can't get it working. That's why I gave up last time. I remember now. I wasted hours!".

I am used to using phpmyadmin with my web hosting accounts, but on my localhost, I have never seen so much as a phpmyadmin index page. The only thing I have ever been able to accomplish is a 404.

I just spent an hour searching for information on how to get phpmyadmin working. I tried everything.

"how to use phpomyadmin with easyphp"
    "configure phpmyadmin with easyphp"
    "easyphp wont work easyphp"
    "Oops! This link appears to be broken. easyphp"

...and dozens other search terms, while searching high and low online.
    I find articles here and there, and I start trying what they say to do, but no matter WHAT i do, I cannot get phpmyadmin.

I've changed config files, changed configs from localhost to 127.0.0.1, I've tried turning all my applications off in case a port is being used. I've tried logging into localhost:2082 and so many other things, I can't even remember them all.

So, my conclusion is that there's some sort of conspiracy on the Internet. There must me an organization (set up by some secret mastermind) that specifically doesn't want "me" to have a localhost phpmyadmin. They've hacked my computer and changed all my port numbers and everything. I KNOW they have! They've also got some sort of censorship deal with Google, so that if I try to find the information, I can only find articles that lead me astray.

I am obviously missing something. The entire world is privy to the secret of how to use phpmyadmin on their localhost with easyphp, except me!

So, please, can someone, after all these years, dozens of failed attempts, combined days and probably WEEKS of cryptic frustration, explain how to log into phpmyadmin on my localhost while using easyphp?

I am about to go outside and completely destroy my back fence with my FACE! Then, I am going to pick up a paling and start looking for neighborhood pets! In order for me not wind up in tomorrows paper, can someone please help me?

Please help me. Please...

MrLeN, Mar 27, 2011 IP
  2. drewtoby

drewtoby Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Lol, I don't think that you have been hacked :)

I would recommend switching services at this point, like setting up a WAMP server by hand. It will probably be easier than configuring easy php.

I hope that your fence/face is still okay ;)

drewtoby, Mar 27, 2011 IP
  3. mallorcahp

mallorcahp Peon

Best Answers:
    mallorcahp, Mar 28, 2011 IP
  4. CodeMaster1233

CodeMaster1233 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Why dont you use WAMP

CodeMaster1233, Mar 30, 2011 IP
  5. srisen2

srisen2 Peon

Best Answers:
    just get a vps hosting plan itll solve your issues and youll be good to go

srisen2, Mar 31, 2011 IP
  6. tianli

tianli Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe WAMP is good

tianli, Mar 31, 2011 IP
  7. yenerich

yenerich Active Member

Best Answers:
    Server2Go is almost the same as EasyPHP.
    BTW, Ihave runnign here now EasyPHP and it runs just fine here ( http://127.0.0.1:8888/home/mysql/ ) -that thge EasyPHP default address pf phpmyadmin.
    Use the same port that you uses for other pages, typically its 8888 for EasyPHP as far as i know.

yenerich, Apr 7, 2011 IP