1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is it ok to make a website in html?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by convivial, Mar 28, 2011.

I have an important question:

Is it fine if one makes a website in html. I wanna make a big web full of text. I have noticed most of the webs are made of php and asp etc.

Is it like if u make through php etc. you will get better ranked in google or even with a web made on html you can be top ranked?

convivial, Mar 28, 2011 IP
  2. Wireless Guy

Wireless Guy Peon

Best Answers:
    Most websites are largely comprised of HTML code. You can build an entire website just using HTML and CSS. I like using PHP because you can do a lot of cool things with it, but even pages that use PHP are mostly HTML.

Wireless Guy, Mar 28, 2011 IP
  3. radiant_luv

radiant_luv Peon

Best Answers:
    Depends on your need, if you need to update/ upload / change content/images very frequently then you might consider of done it through server side script.

Ranking doesn't depend what you've used. Oh, btw, on a browser every rendered page is HTML.

!~Radiant~|

radiant_luv, Mar 28, 2011 IP
  4. greg2008

greg2008 Peon

Best Answers:
    If you are planning on building a site with significant content as you suggested, then you are better off using a Content Management System like Wordpress or Joomla. That way you can spend less time on the design of the site and focus more on the content.

It's the content (and other factors) that impact your ranking with Google, not how the site was created. Like others have mentioned, in the end it's all HTML anyway.

greg2008, Mar 28, 2011 IP
  5. Directory Vortex

Directory Vortex Peon

Best Answers:
    It's perfectly fine to make your website using only HTML - once you have sort of a template, it's rather easy to copy/paste common elements, so even large website could be built rather quickly using only HTML.
    But when it comes to a maintenance - difference really shows up. On a site with let's say 100 pages, instead of editing one or two template pages, you need to manually go through all the pages (for example if you wanted to change something in your header). So think twice before making your decision - if you're planning on building a big site, go for a CMS.Personally, I would be comfortable using only HTML if my site had up to 10 different pages.

Directory Vortex, Mar 28, 2011 IP
  6. windy

windy Active Member

Best Answers:
    sure you can make your website using only HTML. it's better for seo.

windy, Mar 28, 2011 IP
  7. jareso

jareso Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If content management, and easy editing is not your priority, you can go to HTML without any problems.
    HTML site will be even faster than PHP (or any other dynamic site) – because HTML files are technically cached content – and thus it is actually better / faster (for static websites)!

jareso, Mar 28, 2011 IP
  8. jack jastin

jack jastin Peon

Best Answers:
    See, In my opinion, If your requirements, whatever you want to offer to your customers through your website, are going to complete by using only HTML, then you need not to increase the complicity by using many more languages to your site. And I think, Its a wrong myth that if you will use php or something like that then only your site will get ranked on Google. No, Not at all; Its all depends upon how you are doing optimization for your site, how much on page and off page tactics are effective and many more things like wise.

jack jastin, Mar 28, 2011 IP
  9. garbin

garbin Peon

Best Answers:
    Depend on your need, the Static html can help for seo.

garbin, Mar 29, 2011 IP
  10. alia.y

alia.y Peon

Best Answers:
    Ranking of your site is depend on your content and backlinks. Not on scripting language. Php is useful for dynamic webpages, like blogs, articles where user interaction may change the content. This can not be done using simple html..

alia.y, Mar 29, 2011 IP
  11. lokers

lokers Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't agree with opinion that html will help seo. It doesn't matter at all for the search engines as the output is always the same, if you use php or html or asp or any other thing the result will be the same for seo. php will give you more flexibility and you can server dynamic content, have contact forms etc which is not possible with html. I would go for php if I were you, especially if you want to have plenty of content...

lokers, Mar 29, 2011 IP
  12. allwebactivities

allwebactivities Peon

Best Answers:
    yes because search engine also like html pages

allwebactivities, Mar 30, 2011 IP
  13. frogjy

frogjy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    what function in your site?
    only HTML can do it?

frogjy, Mar 30, 2011 IP
  14. shahilroyhere

shahilroyhere Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No no no... there is nothing that search engines have to do at all with your site's programming language. Always keep in mind no-one other than your web server can see your programming. Everyone else only see your (x)html, plain and simple html which renders in your browser, which you can see by viewing the page source, which search engines see. Programming languages are used for producing dynamic content, to reuse some common components, to make editing and change management easy. They are never used to make SE understand anything.
    Now the only difference with using or not using programming language is your page extensions. Then a page which ends with .html is much easier to understand for SEs than any page which ends with .php or .aspx etc. .html has been prevailing since the birth of the web and it is what people try to achieve sometimes even if they are using any programming language.

shahilroyhere, Apr 1, 2011 IP
  15. goldenkitty2k

goldenkitty2k Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'm sure it's okay. Most sites use HTML/CSS anyway.

goldenkitty2k, Apr 1, 2011 IP
  16. subdivisions

subdivisions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes. PHP takes a bit of time to process and Google favours sites that load quickly. Also, most CMSes generate sloppy HTML. (Especially Drupal)

subdivisions, Apr 1, 2011 IP
  17. bloggerkaye

bloggerkaye Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi!

If your soon-to-be website would only be full of text, CMS or Content Management Systems like wordpress are better. You only have to focus on the "content" or quality of your article, unlike in html where you have to bother about the lay-out, design, etc.

Also, rankings in search engines aren't determined by whether it is .asp, .html, or .php. SEO is a different aspect. If you need help with SEO for your site, I can give you some tips.

Hope I have been of great help.

bloggerkaye, Apr 1, 2011 IP
  18. subdivisions

subdivisions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    True, but CMSes generate less semantic HTML which is bad for SEO. Not terrible, but hand coded HTML will give you a boost.

subdivisions, Apr 1, 2011 IP
  19. bloggerkaye

bloggerkaye Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Subdivisions! Thank you for that point. hand coded html truly can "give you a boost", although I was making that point so convivial won't have to worry about html being the only way to get top rankings. I'm new to this site so I am pretty excited to get replies (and fresh insights!) thanks so much. :)

bloggerkaye, Apr 1, 2011 IP
  20. prateekkumar

prateekkumar Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't make this serious mistake! Always use some CMS to build any site. Not even in PHP/ASP. Take 1 year to learn any joomla, drupal or anything else. For the rest of your life you'll save plenty of time & money!

prateekkumar, Apr 4, 2011 IP