1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Article Submission Dead??

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by meenka, Mar 28, 2011.

Is article submission good for promoting your website.
    Suppose i submit one article in 15 -20 resources with good Pr sites. Is Google consider spam or not.
    Is article syndication still exist for SEO or you don't get any benefit

meenka, Mar 28, 2011 IP
  2. Kiranraj

Kiranraj Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    NO, i think article submission is a good way of getting one-way backlink

Kiranraj, Mar 28, 2011 IP
  3. anju4

anju4 Peon

Best Answers:
    In my opinion article submission is good for one-way backlink.

anju4, Mar 28, 2011 IP
  4. cutemegatron

cutemegatron Peon

Best Answers:
    Google can detect spun articles and don't count their links. To get really good results with article submissions all articles must be unique. You should spin them very deeply and post if different time. Also you shouldn't link all articles to one urls with the same anchor. Google upgrades its algorythms, so now it's a bit harder to get a lot of backlinks with articles. But it's still on of the cheapest and safest ways.

cutemegatron, Mar 28, 2011 IP
  5. labraintellekt

labraintellekt Peon

Best Answers:
    For me, article submission is one way to find readers, followers and traffic to your site. Article sites with high PR have good positions in Search engines and it will also pull your SERPs.

labraintellekt, Mar 28, 2011 IP
  6. johntropea

johntropea Active Member

Best Answers:
    it's still a great way to promote your site, sure it is not the only way
    +
    blog commenting
    guest posting
    social bookmarking
    etc..

johntropea, Mar 28, 2011 IP
  7. linkbsr

linkbsr Peon

Best Answers:
    It's a great source of one-way links. It's play important part to achieve ranking

linkbsr, Mar 28, 2011 IP
  8. Websys_seo

Websys_seo Peon

Best Answers:
    Ya but again the recent change of Google algorithm regarding filtering and restricting popular content firms decreases the importance of articles in SEO.

Though i still haven't found enough proof but i think this will come into come into effect soon. Keep tracking you analytics

Websys_seo, Mar 28, 2011 IP
  9. wordpecker

wordpecker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Article Directory submission still worth more. It is better to post articles with some sort of uniqueness in the article body, I mean spin an article before posting it to multiple directories. It results better if it is done so.

wordpecker, Mar 28, 2011 IP
  10. Sherry Ciao

Sherry Ciao Member

Best Answers:
    May be it's better to do deep spinning for every single submission.

Sherry Ciao, Mar 28, 2011 IP
  11. kmkv_princess

kmkv_princess Member

Best Answers:
    With Google farm update, the importance of Article submission is decreased but only with using duplicate content submission in article directories.

Article submision sites also changed their term & condition for submission purpose like ezine article.

You should submit fresh content & follow the rules for Article submission sites. Then & then only google gives importance to ur atticle in SERP.

kmkv_princess, Mar 29, 2011 IP
  12. Justinpage

Justinpage Peon

Best Answers:
    Article is one of the most effective ways in promoting your site, and submitting it to different article submission sites is not spamming. It will only considered as spamming if you post the same article to the same article submission sites (which is impossible most often).

Justinpage, Mar 29, 2011 IP
  13. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    they are not dead and still works great. those days of submitting one article to 1000 site and get bunch of backlinks are however gone. now you will need to submit as many unique articles as possible and submit a LOT

sultanofseo, Mar 29, 2011 IP
  14. Jumperrentals

Jumperrentals Peon

Best Answers:
    Articles are good for one way linking and traffic. I've never submitted the same article to 15 - 20 directories. I'm spinning it before each submission.

Jumperrentals, Mar 29, 2011 IP
  15. adampeps

adampeps Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I still find article marketing to be effective, but more so on lower competition keywords.

adampeps, Mar 29, 2011 IP
  16. Dupois24

Dupois24 Peon

Best Answers:
    This is where high-quality content comes in. And if your articles are spun, they should be done to AT LEAST 50-60% uniqueness. But very high-quality, original articles are best. And will be even more important over the coming months than barraging the system with bulk, lower-quality material.

Dupois24, Mar 29, 2011 IP
  17. techlunatic

techlunatic Peon

Best Answers:
    I dont think article marketing has become redundant after the Panda update . It has become redundant for THOSE WHO DID IT WRONG IN THE FIRST PLACE . It LOOKS natural but is not , since the IP address of the author becomes his identity and the SE can easily sniff that irrespective of what name the person has on the article site even irrespective of the article is unique or spun .

As to why I say it still works is because of the nature of how the internet works . Every link in every good article is a potential referral traffic irrespective of what Google does to its algorithm . I am not asking to spam with millions of article submissions here (infact that is the wrong way to do it) . I am talking of a scenario when you submit 10 authentic and helpful posts to 10 good directories and people pick them up to republish giving you further backlink juice. That is what is called real natural and that is what people should aim - write good content that gets republished to give the snowball effect and not work like a robot making X number of directory submissions every weekend . Imagine 1 good article being picked up by 100 people and see the variety of links you are getting . Now imagine the same with 10 good articles .So a total of around 1000+ viral backlinks from just 10 submissions . Do you think the same number of backlinks is what you will get even if you submit mediocre spun text to 100's of directories with a software ? I don't think so .

If people ask the wrong question then I am really out of my wits as to what I shall answer . If your article marketing question itself comes engraved with "Spining" "Mass Submissions" and synonyms of those words, then how do you expect it to work ? It is like asking - Does bank robbery still work as a viable source of daily income , or has the Government made it illegal ? If so , what new tricks do you suggest to rob money ?

Get the analogy ? Spinning never worked in the first place and never will , take your own example - If you wake up one fine morning and google for "Article marketing" and after reading 2 - 3 articles about it on different sites , you will realize that all of them give the same piece of information , which , by then , is not news for you , so you stop pursuing the link further . How different are other readers ?

Create good content and article marketing will always work for you , don't look for "tricks" . They get slammed out in one algo or the other . Don't think of it from a BOT point of view , article marketing is best served to the humans , to increase visual marketing .

Last edited: Mar 29, 2011
    techlunatic, Mar 29, 2011 IP
  18. charles_24

charles_24 Peon

Best Answers:
    Submit the originals to ezine and the spun articles to the rest of your directories. You don't want to submit spun content to ezine because most likely they will deny your content.

charles_24, Mar 29, 2011 IP
  19. jazzyjeff

jazzyjeff Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree to charles_24. what i do is submit to ezine then after the article approved and live then i deep spun the article to 5 unique content and submit to 5 different article directories in different time. for each directories i wait until the articles live then submit to another directories. it works for me.

jazzyjeff, Mar 29, 2011 IP
  20. josephray

josephray Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Regarding the new Google algorithm, Panda which has decreased rank of article directory sites, I think it's not effective anymore getting backlinks from such sites.

josephray, Mar 29, 2011 IP