1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

DP payment system like paypal.

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by jaree, Oct 18, 2006.

?

Will you use this new service if created instead of paypal.

1. Yes, I will look into it and if it offers more benefits then paypal i will use it.

4 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. No, It is not a good idea and i will not trust it.

8 vote(s)
    57.1%
  3. Not sure, Want more details.

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
    Just got an idea from a thread where one DP member's paypal account was stolen. As all of us know here that paypal has lot of trouble associated with it. DPers are not protected under paypal at all since 99% of the stuff traded or sold here at DP is virtual goods (Non delieverable) Paypal also have some horrible customer support these days.

Idea is to create a custom system exactly like paypal which works 100% like paypal but is more suited for DP (more protection for virtual goods)
    It would be great since we will then be able to handle all the disputes because we will know each other and could look into sales thread and see the matter. :)

Its a suggestion if Shawn would like to implement that in DP. If not i can personaly invest in such a website and create some good site to help DPers and other fellow webmasters. Shawn and Mods please assist me if we are allowed to create something like that which is associated with DP in a way but not directly.

Let me know your feedback and ideas on this and if it will work or not. Also please answer the poll questions :)

jaree, Oct 18, 2006 IP
  2. Freewebspace

Freewebspace Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Good idea!we can start this as a co-operative network that such a site should be owned by 100's of fellow DP members with each one can contribute wahtever they can afford !

That is they can contribute as much as $5-$10 and can becomea partner

so we can atleast create a capital around $1000 and it would be good enough

and payment can be done in each country by Good DP member who has a good itrader

That is one who are having Gcards an be appointed for this purpose and Shawn can maintain a paypal account and Buyers can contribute to shawn's account

and seller can get payments via DP members in their respective countries

Freewebspace, Oct 18, 2006 IP
    jaree likes this.
  3. seo-mumbai

seo-mumbai Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes DP is not just forum it became huge market place.Default vb forum mods cant 100% satisfy all members.But lol online payment system is not joke and most important thing is he is not looking to make money.

seo-mumbai, Oct 18, 2006 IP
  4. jaree

jaree Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Actually my idea is little different then yours but yes your is good too. Remember we are trying to get more security and more frankness in transactions. You know you cannot ask paypal to chat and look into all the threads and reply's of the sales thread but you can ask DP or whoever creates such site since it will not be such big site and will be far easy to handle every issue personally :)

jaree, Oct 18, 2006 IP
  5. Nintendo

Nintendo ♬ King of da Wackos ♬

Best Answers:
    Sorry. Not gonna happen. :)

Nintendo, Oct 18, 2006 IP
  6. jaree

jaree Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I know what Shawns reply is going to be thats why i said that if i get permition i can start everything myself and invest my time,money into it. I will make it work like paypal and hopefuly will also be able to cut the fees ( I will have to check debit,credit rate for this and instant bank transfer rates ) Come on guys lets share some more ideas :D

I knew that nintendo :( but can you check out second part of my OP ;)

jaree, Oct 18, 2006 IP
  7. Freewebspace

Best Answers:
    I think for security each one should deposit a minimum amount of $10 or $50

But actually some cannot even afford $5

I actually started out on DP without any money but I made a good amount of it by offering link sales and directory submission services

But we may run into more risk of sceurity and Fraud because it and we should have proper protection system against this

8. seo-mumbai

Best Answers:
    sounds good jaree even we will be happy, but be practical lol.

9. jaree

jaree Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Guys if you give some good feedback i can handle all security issues myself and will not need any security deposit from anyone and if someone get scammed and i cannot get his or her money back i will take money out of my own pocket for that. Thats how tight security system i want :)

jaree, Oct 18, 2006 IP
  10. jaree

jaree Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Do you think i am joking, I am not at all i am very very serious about this and as i said i can do it money,time is not a problem for me. However i will call some banks and CC companies tommorow and check with other people on what kind of issue we can run into but if its not a big deal i can handle it for sure :)

jaree, Oct 18, 2006 IP
  11. seo-mumbai

Best Answers:
    if u r looking for such service i will be first person behind you.Paypal sucks i was cheated few times.Very good plan carri on jaree we are with u.

12. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You can do whatever you want... if you want to start a payment service, start one. But it wouldn't have anything to do with DP.

digitalpoint, Oct 18, 2006 IP
  13. jaree

jaree Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks, I now see Shawn is here lets see what he have to say :)

jaree, Oct 18, 2006 IP
  14. Freewebspace

Best Answers:
    Jaree if you start it I will be the first one to deposit or add some capital to it

15. jaree

jaree Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There goes my billion $ idea but i will do some more research about it and if i see it is possible to do and if i get some good support here in DP i would start one. I have poll to see if the money spent will be worth it or should i forget about it. If people do not want to use any new service then obviously its not a good idea to spend my time and money :eek:

jaree, Oct 18, 2006 IP
  16. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    To be honest, unless it is backed by a major bank, anyone would have to be a moron to use it. I know you are promising security etc but depite all its problems Paypal is still the safer choice.

If you keep your virus software up to date and are careful where you login to your account etc you will be fine. You can have the most secure site in the world but if someone has your password, they can still do whatever they want.

There are a lot of disputes on DP where I believe the person making the complaint is in the wrong, yet everyone is on their side because they were the first to publicly post about it. Do people really want just some random guy deciding to refuse a refund, etc?

Nice idea in theory but in practice it would be a disaster and is pretty much unworkable.

yfs1, Oct 19, 2006 IP
  17. britishguy

britishguy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Your comments ysf1 are just about 100% spot on, I am all for innovation and progress, new systems etc etc

But like you say it will not work, at this moment in time with present day technology PayPal has to be most users preferred choice

britishguy, Oct 19, 2006 IP
  18. jaree

jaree Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Thanks for the comment, I understand your concern. I am planning to call few banks and CC companies today to see how it will work. Major problem with paypal is not that someone hacked into it thats not paypal thats your own problem however issue here is that paypal is just not safe for almost 100% of the goods sold here at DP since all of them are intangible.
    If we do start it we ofcourse would not want one member to have full control over it i have an idea of checks and balances here where few members have control but no one have full control may be Shawn can have that. Another idea here is that since we will know each other and could "realy" look into sales thread we would be better able to determine who is right and who is wrong unlike paypal who i believe dont even look into any sales thread here in DP if the dispute is escalated.
    I welcome your comments and suggestions and if you think you have some better idea please feel free to post it here so all of us can discuss about it. ;)

jaree, Oct 19, 2006 IP
  19. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    I can tell you with certainty that Shawn will not want to "have control" of it. Also, Im not sure if you have experience with payment processors but there is a lot involved with getting a bank to back you. There are loads of regulations and hurdles to jump and I can't possibly see how you would be able to have the resources to do that. Not to mention the ROI would be negative seeing how few transactions DP represents in the grand scheme of things.

yfs1, Oct 19, 2006 IP
  20. jaree

jaree Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes thats the only majore concern i have. Any legal problems associated with it and i will let everyone know today after i am back from office or may be after i call banks up. I will also talk to my lawyer about it but i am not going to get into a lot of hassle if it requires loads of legal documents and other constrainments :)

jaree, Oct 19, 2006 IP