1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Using anchor text in the "Name Field" when backlinking on Blogs

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by Arimor, Mar 27, 2011.

Hi

I have been using my keyword in the "name" field when commenting on blogs, in case the blog doesn't allow for html linking within the main body of the "comment" field.

Now I know this can come across as spammy, as you are not using your name, but the keyword which you want to backlink.

I read however that one way around this issue is to add your name as well as the keyword, e.g.: "Joe Bloggs from How to lose 10lbs in 2 weeks".

Obviously the keyword being "How to lose 10lbs in 2 weeks".

However my question is, surely by adding your name to the keyword, would this not have a detrimental effect to the keyword that you're trying to anchor/backlink, as you're no longer using the pure keyword?

Thanks in advance.

Arimor, Mar 27, 2011 IP
  2. torreylee

torreylee Peon

Best Answers:
    It will still help you rank for your keyword, but it will carry less weight than an exact match. So yes, it helps but it's not as strong, but you NEED to VARY your anchor text anyway so I dont see it as a big problem at all.

torreylee, Mar 27, 2011 IP
  3. Arimor

Arimor Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you torrylee.

Arimor, Mar 27, 2011 IP
  4. otjutt

otjutt Member

Best Answers:
    hmm. Thanks for the tip!

otjutt, Mar 27, 2011 IP
  5. krishnaegurus

krishnaegurus Peon

Best Answers:
    Chances are that you may also get ranked for your name also here. An additional bonus for you :)

krishnaegurus, Mar 29, 2011 IP