1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

opt-in software

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by bikeman, Oct 12, 2006.

I am interested in starting an opt-in list on my site. Does anyone use software to do this or can it be done through coding. I am not a coding expert and need a bit of help.

Thanks in advance.

bikeman, Oct 12, 2006 IP
  2. kdemonte

kdemonte Peon

Best Answers:
    You don't need software, you need an autoresponder and a basic squeeze , meaning they can do nothing else on that page then opt-into your list, no other links or exits. Of course it helps if you give them incentiv to sign up, free report, product ebook etc. - Kim DeMonte

kdemonte, Oct 12, 2006 IP
  3. totalnet

totalnet Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

I would consider using a hosted solution since you won't have to worry about backing up your data, you don't have to worry as much about getting blacklisted due to shared hosting implications, and it's much easier to manage.

I recommend http://www.aweber.com. If you have some technical know how, you can buy a script and host it yourself. You won't have some of the limitations that a third party has, but you will have to do more work.

I recommend http://www.activecampaign.com/12all/ for your own hosting.

You can find cheaper solutions, but you get what you pay for.

Good Luck,

Don Kransteuber
    http://www.totalnetmarketing.com

totalnet, Oct 12, 2006 IP
  4. WillB

WillB Peon

Best Answers:
    A simple opt-in script can be created in a few lines of code. While Don is correct - you do indeed get what you pay for, you needn't pay huge amounts if all you want is a text file filled with email addresses.

There's been a few questions about this recently.. if there's enough interest I could put a free script together?

WillB, Oct 13, 2006 IP
  5. bikeman

bikeman Peon

Best Answers:
    That would be a great help WillB.

bikeman, Oct 17, 2006 IP
  6. charless

charless Banned

Best Answers:
    If you want third party mailing list managed outside of your domain, I suggest constantcontact.com. They offer templates, easy customization, user friendly, customizable forms, detailed statistics & they even have a 30-day free trial.

charless, Oct 17, 2006 IP
  7. WillB

WillB Peon

Best Answers:
    bikeman - Have a peek at my sig :)

WillB, Oct 18, 2006 IP
  8. Lynn Quario

Lynn Quario Guest

Best Answers:
    Aweber and Getresponse are both great autoresponders and they both have web form generators with step by step tutorials on how to place an optin form on your website pages.

All the best

Lynn :)

Lynn Quario, Oct 18, 2006 IP