1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Perfect Blogger: How Often You Should Blog

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by Las Vegas DUI Lawyer, Mar 12, 2011.

The Perfect Blogger

This is advice if you want to be the perfect blogger. Mind you, this is nearly putting all of your eggs in one basket, but the rewards are drastically nice.

I have found that when I was very strict with myself and woke up at 4a.m. daily and posted no less than 3 articles each and every day, my viewer count was seriously around 10,000 every single day.

Mind you,
    • I did not do ANY marketing of my blog at all.
    • I would include at least one trendy googled daily item, to get the search traffic
    • and post 2 targeted items.

With that strategy, that one blog produced 75% of my adsense income. When I got burned out nearly a year later, and stopped posting, going to maybe twice a week, my traffic dropped like a rock and I only had 300 visitors a day.

The Perfect Plan

My heartfelt recommendation is that you first outline your blog in general. Making an outline, for yourself, gives your blog a direction of where you want to go. When I say outline I mean outline what the blog should look like when you're finished each day; how your blog ties into your advertising; what onsite marketing you're doing each week or day.

After you've figured out a game plan for the direction of your blog, each week you should make a weekly outline. If your content is dependent on general news, you could either be a week behind the news or outline key points you would like to hit should something come up, i.e. plan A if an earthquake happens, plan B if a movie star does drugs... etc. If, however, your blog is for a general targeted market, you could certainly outline your week out of what blog posts you'd like to cover.

The reason you outline it is, it will alleviate all that thinking you'll have to do come time to actually write the article.

Outline each article. The awesome thing here, is that if you outline each article, you can create a style, through your outline, that each article will follow. This not only generates familiarity with your readers, but makes your blog [which are a dime a dozen] unique. If you already have a general "format" outline of how your articles should look, your daily outline of the article should be a snap to whip up. Come time to write the article, you'll hit each key point in your outline.

Your blog should have a bias. Anyone without a bias, is doomed to have no continuing readers. Hopefully your bias will be one that your readers love, OR hate, and love to tell you why they hate it. If you have a bias, your readers will feel rewarded, just by reading your blog, each post will be like candy to them.

Las Vegas DUI Lawyer, Mar 12, 2011 IP
  2. BrandDoctor

BrandDoctor Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Is this your blog? shakaama.blogspot ? Are you talking about it? you mean you post daily 3 articles on this blog and got around 10,000 every single day. ???

BrandDoctor, Mar 13, 2011 IP
  3. Las Vegas DUI Lawyer

Las Vegas DUI Lawyer Peon

Best Answers:
    I used to, when I first started and was very disciplined about it. However, I have like 15 websites and got burned out. It's not for the faint of heart.

Las Vegas DUI Lawyer, Mar 13, 2011 IP
  4. BrandDoctor

BrandDoctor Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I checked ur shakaama.blogspot .Man the traffic is too low on this blog,your alexa rank is in 7 figures 1,058,414 and you say you get 10000 viewer per day lol.Crap

BrandDoctor, Mar 13, 2011 IP
  5. Las Vegas DUI Lawyer

Best Answers:
    you can't read can you picxy. and please stop trolling. kthxbai.

Las Vegas DUI Lawyer, Mar 13, 2011 IP
  6. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Start blogging once a day to begin with, then slowly increase it to two times a day and I've read by many top bloggers that 3 times a day is the sweet spot you want to be hitting.

Seqqa, Mar 14, 2011 IP
  7. Las Vegas DUI Lawyer

Best Answers:
    Thanks Seqqa. Although, those top bloggers may be speaking about blogs that they personally administer. Like any business, if you can, your ultimate goal is to set it in motion and reap the benefits from it, i.e. get workers to do the business for you. Like any business, blogging is a business. The top blogs have multiple contributers and are run more like newspapers than they are blogs. Sure for a small blog, 3 posts a day may be great, and you might generate quite the following with that. However, those blogs, even on their best day, cannot compete with a blog with a staff behind it, run like an organization with 15 minute intervals between posts.

Now building up to an organization takes just as much time and thinking as building up to 3 posts. When I was knocking myself out doing 7 posts a day, trying to compete with the big boys, I had lots of readers. When I crashed, and failed to post for days or even weeks at a time, all of my traffic fell off. Having a staff, would have saved my blogs.

Finally, on that note, creating an expectation, and continuously delivering on that expectation will also create the type of reader you're after. If you were to post 3 times a day, your readers would expect 3 times a day posts. However if you posts 2 times a week, you better continue posting twice a week or even those very casual readers will stop reading your blog.

My blogs followers dropped like flies, when I took my unannounced vacation from blogging. Having a membership widget gives you direct feedback like no other. Sure some readers may not unsubscribe from your blog, but for the most part the widget is a trustworthy piece of information of the sentiment of the community you've developed.

Las Vegas DUI Lawyer, Mar 15, 2011 IP
  8. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Top blogs like Mashable and TechCrunch are doing around 20-25 a day which is impossible to do unless you have a team of writters working for you but I think the benefits (aslong as you maintain the quality in each post) is self explanatory. So the I think the way to build a blogging empire is to get as much content rolling out as you can while maintaining the quality factor with each post. But for a one person enterprise 3 shouldn't be to hard to handle aslong as you are organized.

Seqqa, Mar 15, 2011 IP
  9. thor2006

thor2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    Good input Las Vegas DUI Lawyer. I really find hard to update my blogs. I have several of them.
    However, I have discovered how to generate traffic even if I don't update often.
    My google adsense earning so far is improving but I make much money from my affiliate links.
    I'm focusing on 3 sites:
    http://bloggingfornetworking.com
    http://sydneyaffairs.com
    http://ladyggalore.com

These are fairly new. Hoping to do more entries. Man, it is really difficult to find time writing and getting interesting topic.

thor2006, Mar 15, 2011 IP
  10. sarkarijob

sarkarijob Peon

Best Answers:
    My experience says make a proper timetable .Get your time properly divided b/w Blog Updation,SEO,Link Building,Keyword Reserch,Directory Submissions,No Follow Do Follow

sarkarijob, Mar 16, 2011 IP
  11. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree there's more to running a blog than just creating meaningful content, if your blog becomes populer you'll start to have to manage the how social side of things like replying to comments on posts, Twitter and Facebook which can also be time consuming. Then you're going to have to think about building links (good to out source if you can afford it).

Seqqa, Mar 16, 2011 IP
  12. Las Vegas DUI Lawyer

Best Answers:
    There are a lot of people online, I don't know if it's just a "newbie" thing or a "lazy" thing, but they want to earn money from a blog, but never write any articles. These same people fall prey to people that come up with these business breaking programs that "automate" link building, seo, rewriting, etc... When I first started my "popular trends" blog, it took off without me doing anything. I just made sure I included a trending topic every day along with my hidden agenda articles.

One of my salient points is that you're not going to have a blog, if you do not write. Notice this is not a post about article marketing, nor is it about affiliate marketing. Those are two entirely different beasts. If you do it right you can sell your very popular blog within months. Just like people sell businesses, you can do the same online.

On outsourcing: if you do it right, and are very careful, i.e. start small, pay attention to detail, have perfect grammar yourself, you can make your outsourced fellows your "staff". That is to say you can hire those cheap article writers and have them submitting to you so regularly that you basically have your own staff of writers, without calling them your staff of writers. As I said though, you have to be very careful. You do not want to pay money, if you're not going to make money.

Las Vegas DUI Lawyer, Mar 17, 2011 IP
  13. China_girl

China_girl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I was blogging two articles a week till last year and never got traffic more than 100 in a single day. Then I re-invented somethings by myself on my site, I started writing articles daily and at different intervals. Now my traffic has increased by 5 times and also do get decent amount of comments and replies for my unique articles.

China_girl, Mar 17, 2011 IP
  14. kittyluver

kittyluver Notable Member

Best Answers:
    An article a day keeps no traffic away. Yes!!! Daily blogging is an important thing that will fetch you more result. Blogging a week will definitely bring down your visitor to zero within couple of months.

kittyluver, Mar 18, 2011 IP
  15. techlunatic

techlunatic Peon

Best Answers:
    Really an article a day helps ! +1 for you

techlunatic, Mar 24, 2011 IP
  16. rain21

rain21 Active Member

Best Answers:
    yea, as much as we have blog posts traffic increases, I also had this experience.

rain21, Mar 24, 2011 IP
  17. Eniak

Eniak Peon

Best Answers:
    Blogging daily is tough, but if you can keep up it usually works out. I'm just now starting to get back into the groove with mine.

Eniak, Mar 25, 2011 IP
  18. Las Vegas DUI Lawyer

Best Answers:
    Profound words coming, listen carefully:

Sometimes, it is the most obvious course of action, that is most apparent, to seemingly everyone, that is the least taken.

When such, as this, is brought to light and gains the center of attention, it gains nothing by saying it is obvious.

What is apparent is not that it IS obvious, but that many do not do it. What is obvious is that it needs to be said again to really BE obvious.

People think that spending all of their time "marketing" their blog is the way to generate traffic, while they avoid actually blogging. It is far simpler to write a comment here and there, in an attempt to generate traffic, than it is to sit down, research, write good engaging copy and post it daily.

Sometimes, I personally, *gasp* write journalists, newspapers, politicians ... and omg ask them questions, as part of my research for an article.

Not everyone copy and pastes Wikipedia LOL

Las Vegas DUI Lawyer, Apr 3, 2011 IP
  19. ggallery

ggallery Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the info! Was wondering how much is enough earlier. I try to post at least once a day. Sometimes I am lucky enough to post more than once a day but it seems like the first blog post I make is really long which takes awhile to complete. Then I'll throw in a video or something else as another blog post. Guess I need to buckle down and try writing a little more each day and see what happens.

ggallery, Apr 3, 2011 IP
  20. boundlessmartin

boundlessmartin Active Member

Best Answers:
    Bottom line is the daily posting and few seo techniques both are important for increase your visitors.

boundlessmartin, Apr 3, 2011 IP