1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to bookmark a website?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Sherry Ciao, Mar 25, 2011.

If there's only one guy do SEO for a website, many new products be uploaded online every week. Then how to make social bookmark plan? Focus on one bookmarking site or do submission to top 100 or 200 websites with multiple accounts? Is there any problem or risks to do this with the same IP?

Sherry Ciao, Mar 25, 2011 IP
  2. putradi

putradi Active Member

Best Answers:
    social bookmark will only wasted your time .. it does help SEO, but not as much as you can expects ..

putradi, Mar 25, 2011 IP
  3. Sikhar

Sikhar Peon

Best Answers:
    its not possible because mostly 90% social bookmark websites are CMS based and that tracks the IP address form admin panel so admin will catch your IP block your account and IP.

Sikhar, Mar 25, 2011 IP
  4. thunderbolt007

thunderbolt007 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Use only one account. Because using other accounts is one way of manipulating your links. By the way in doing SB posting try to be descriptive and not obviously promotional type of post just to post the link or drop the links.:D

thunderbolt007, Mar 25, 2011 IP
  5. techlunatic

techlunatic Peon

Best Answers:
    Submitting from same IP will not help at all on top of that even the search engines will not value the submission if its done by the same person . "Multiple accounts" only means different user names but ur IP still remains same . If you are changing ur IP everytime then it will help also bookmarking works when they are drip fed to the search engines . Means slowly and with a time gap , like normal people would bookmark a post found by them in different time .

techlunatic, Mar 25, 2011 IP
    mack ston likes this.
  6. shivprakash

shivprakash Peon

Best Answers:
    Go to the main menu under Bookmark. Select "Add Bookmark." To go to your bookmarked Web site in Netscape: Go to the main menu under Bookmark. Select the title of the desired Web site

shivprakash, Mar 25, 2011 IP
  7. Sherry Ciao

Sherry Ciao Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not expecting much for every single link building method. I just want to do all of them when new products be uploaded online.

Sherry Ciao, Mar 27, 2011 IP
  8. mack ston

mack ston Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, here's my thought on why not to.

1. Users recognize the familiar symbols which when the use to share, brings other users to your site. I have found when I see the set of symbols, sometimes there is one I am not familiar with and that's how I learn those sites are out there too.
    2. Why double your work load?
    3. Are there issues with copyright? Have you checked with each of the sites you want to add to see what their requirements state? They probably have the code too.

example: http://www.facebook.com/facebook-widgets/?ref=pf

mack ston, Mar 27, 2011 IP
  9. Sherry Ciao

Sherry Ciao Member

Best Answers:
    Okay, thank u. Now I know what I shouldn't do, but...what I should do now?

Sherry Ciao, Mar 28, 2011 IP
  10. Sherry Ciao

Sherry Ciao Member

Best Answers:
    I'm thinking of hire different freelancers to do this, what do u think? then do I need to bookmark every single products? that will be a big investment then.

11. alia.y

alia.y Peon

Best Answers:
    Give your bookmark's link on your site, it will help you to digg it by more users.

alia.y, Mar 28, 2011 IP
  12. stupidcamel

stupidcamel Member

Best Answers:
    A lot of SEO services in the field are offering submission service, which help you submit your article to hundreds of social bookmarking site.
    Usually, these service are not expensive, for example, 20-35 for manual submission to 200 different social bookmarking sites.
    So, if you find 5 SEO services to submit one webpage for you, you'll pay $200-350, and get up to 1000 backlinks on social bookmarking sites. The webpage will be submitted to each social bookmarking site by 5 different accounts.
    If your content is good enough, the followers of these 5 account will recommend the webpage with their followers. The effect will be huger than you expected.

stupidcamel, Mar 28, 2011 IP
  13. Sherry Ciao

Sherry Ciao Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you stupidcamel, so the more followers the provider's social bookmark account get, the better service he can give right? This is important for me to choose better seo service providers.

14. Kiranraj

Kiranraj Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, you can do social bookmarking for promoting your website...It will help you to get one-way backlinks

Kiranraj, Mar 30, 2011 IP
  15. goldhome

goldhome Peon

Best Answers:
    I use the share button that is present in the google toolbar. It is really helpful and fastens the process of bookmarking by a click or two..

goldhome, Mar 30, 2011 IP