Improve Local SEO/map results

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by rmurray321, Mar 23, 2011.

alright I am new to this whole seo game but I am having trouble finding a company or a way to improve local search results.

we are a local company who services about a 45 mile radius area, any leads or traffic that come from outside of that are of no importance to me.

The website is freshly built on wordpress, domain is about 4 years old.

Is there anything to do other than submit to google/bing/yahoo/etc maps and optomize by adding images, videos, and business description?

my problem is that our business is based in a small town and if someone searches the town over it doesn't even appear we exist, even though it is our service area. I am in the roofing industry and realistically there is no competition, 90% of the businesses do not even have a website or any information filled out in their maps and I am still below where they appear

rmurray321, Mar 23, 2011 IP
  2. JocuriCu

JocuriCu Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    First steep you need a clean design. Second one is to have good & unique content, after this you can try some link exchange on Digital Point Link exchange section.
    If you use facebook.. make a Group with people from your town.. advertise ther... on twitter to.

Make an unique article and submit it to a directory like ezinearticle.

JocuriCu, Mar 23, 2011 IP
  3. sebasago

sebasago Peon

Best Answers:
    Not sure what type of on-site SEO you've done, but you can optimize the homepage (and all pages of your site) by listing the areas you serve.

You can also use the meta description tag to list the areas you serve with something like "Roofing company name, serving this area, this area, this area and this are with the best roofing etc etc.."

If you want, list the domain of your site, it'll be easier to help then.

sebasago, Mar 23, 2011 IP
  4. rmurray321

rmurray321 Peon

Best Answers:
    I haven't done squat to the site since it just got done. It's at murraysroofing .net

5. SEOHostingOnline

SEOHostingOnline Guest

Best Answers:
    Do eexactly this and you should improve it a lot. You have to take action.

SEOHostingOnline, Mar 23, 2011 IP
  6. LeadBoltMatt

LeadBoltMatt Peon

Best Answers:
    There are several other things you can add to your SEO to increase the awareness in your 45 mile radius...
    -RSS Feeds
    -Comment Sections
    -Blog posts
    -Links/ Backlinks (to other businesses in your area)
    -Articles

Hope this helps!

-LeadBoltMatt

LeadBoltMatt, Mar 23, 2011 IP
  7. Excel 8

Excel 8 Guest

Best Answers:
    does your site being indexed??? It very weird that you are not ranking since its not too competitive...

Excel 8, Mar 23, 2011 IP
  8. rmurray321

rmurray321 Peon

Best Answers:
    it should be somewhat, I am going to submit a sitemap to google shortly. I wouldn't think it would be incredibly hard to do since there is such low competition but I am running short of time since we are starting to already get super busy with work again. are there any companies out there that do this type of thing specifically targeting local results?

9. utahseopros

utahseopros Peon

Best Answers:
    Submit your business to business directories but make sure your business name you submit appears exactly as it does on your Google listing. This has play an important role in your local ranking.

utahseopros, Mar 23, 2011 IP