1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google penalized for link building

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by aquaffect, Mar 22, 2011.

Hi i need help from any experts on SEO in here my site is www.aquaffect.com yesterday when i tried checking my incoming links on google link:aquaffect.com it showed me none of the links which was weird cuz few days ago i had over 250 links listed. Then i decided to check my google page rank and noticed it went down from pr3 to pr2 and today my google keyword new york web design which i was ranked #5 now ranking #11 I have bought alot of links which is pointing mostly to my index page with same anchor new york web design am i being punished for that? and what is a way out of this and how can i get back to top 10 any help?

aquaffect, Mar 22, 2011 IP
  2. johnwho

johnwho Peon

Best Answers:
    I have few sites that's been thrown at the second page too. I think this is just a typical G dance. ARe you building links on web 2.0 sites?

johnwho, Mar 22, 2011 IP
  3. ourscompany

ourscompany Peon

Best Answers:
    You should check the quality of the links you have - you may hard that google changed there algo to stop link firming. You can tead this article useful information - www.articlesbase.com/link-popularity-articles/google-algorithm-changed-to-stop-link-farming-4445358.html - Google Algorithm Changed to Stop Link Farming
    Note: I am not spamming in this forum or purposely promoting any content - i just like to share this link which will help reader. If it violates the forum terms please let me know i can act accordingly. Thanks.

ourscompany, Mar 22, 2011 IP
  4. aquaffect

aquaffect Active Member

Best Answers:
    I been buying links from high quality pr5 and pr6 blogs and web design directories and i been using only 1 anchor and been pointing to index page only so could that maybe be a problem?

5. aquaffect

aquaffect Active Member

Best Answers:
    but not only i been thrown back to 2nd page but i was expecting my google PR to be somewhere up to pr 4 or even 5 but instead i been pushed down to pr2 WTF?

6. GuruCreation

GuruCreation Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That just might be the problem right there... Google might have been able to detect you buying these links...Not likely, but it's a possibility.

How new or old is the site? What other types of link building have you been doing?

GuruCreation, Mar 22, 2011 IP
  7. johnwho

johnwho Peon

Best Answers:
    I am confused on how you use the word PageRank (PR). PR is very different than actual Google ranking.

johnwho, Mar 22, 2011 IP
  8. avantemedia

avantemedia Active Member

Best Answers:
    google will deffinately be able to detect some link buying!

think about it, if all of your links had exactly the same anchor text, its not really that natural is it? Its expected that people will like your site for different reasons and you will often seen 100s of different anchor text in links for a naturally built website. Try considering getting more links with your full domain name as anchor text, and a few other anchor texts otherwise any other money you spend will be an absolute waste

avantemedia, Mar 22, 2011 IP
  9. carleisenstein

carleisenstein Peon

Best Answers:
    Anchor text in link buying is incredibly important - you've got to keep it varied if you're going to buy links. I suspect you've been hit with some sort of a penalty (although it seems strangely mild if you have). Do you see anything in your Google Webmaster Tools to indicate a problem?

If so, remove your paid links if they're on a network, send a reinclusion request to Google apologising, and start working on getting some more natural links.

carleisenstein, Mar 22, 2011 IP
  10. samliem

samliem Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    What kind of links that Google detect them as buy links?
    If create backlinks from my other sites / blogs, will the links will be categorized as buy links?

thanks

samliem, Mar 22, 2011 IP
  11. Manishcf

Manishcf Peon

Best Answers:
    Are those new links added quality links? Also, check whether they are relevant or not. Also, don't build too many links on a single day. Something near to 100 links a day is enough. Above that, Google will count it as spam. One thing more, paid links and reciprocal links have less value. Try to get free links.

Manishcf, Mar 22, 2011 IP
  12. dril

dril Active Member

Best Answers:
    Dear where did you check your backlinks. Just I checked in google and found that about one hundred backlinks are available. Check always your backlinks in yahoo explorer. it will give you maximum result.

dril, Mar 23, 2011 IP
  13. aquaffect

aquaffect Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well that probably is the problem i been buying alot of high quality links from good blogs pr5 and 6 blogs and so on with same link anchor and pointing all to my home page i`m checking my webmaster tools and here`s what i see i have 2,624,300 pages linking to my home page and only few to my other pages yeah you prob say how da hell u get 2 million links i`m surprised also but i checked that mostly i have sitewide links i bought many sitewide links and some sites have more then 700K pages in them so imagine all pages linking to my home page so maybe this is the big problem now?

aquaffect, Mar 23, 2011 IP
  14. sitecontact

sitecontact Member

Best Answers:
    Is buying links allowed? This is a kind of advertising, what is the problem with it?

sitecontact, Mar 23, 2011 IP
  15. aquaffect

aquaffect Active Member

Best Answers:
    So my prognosis are this

#1 I got crap load of links linking to my home page (Not Good )
    #2 I got all those link with same anchor ( Not Good )
    #3 I got very little links pointing to inner pages ( Not Good )

Final Result? Google Penalize...
    I guess i learned from it and all of you should also take this fault in to consideration.
    Thank you guys for all your help

aquaffect, Mar 23, 2011 IP
  16. johnwho

johnwho Peon

Best Answers:
    The best option that you can do is to create quality links via hiring writers or purchasing unique articles and then submit those to trusted site like EZA.

johnwho, Mar 23, 2011 IP
  17. ipr22

ipr22 Peon

Best Answers:
    it could be a penalty, especially if your pagerank went down as you bought lots of links...

ipr22, Mar 23, 2011 IP
  18. cazort

cazort Peon

Best Answers:
    This is your problem. Buying links is against google's guidelines. It's a black-hat technique.

Don't do it unless you want to risk getting penalized. The only safe way to avoid a penalty for link buying is to never buy links. This means, if you advertise, only do it through legitimate advertising networks, or specify that the seller places a nofollow attribute on the link.

If you fix the problem by stopping buying links and contacting the sites from which you purchased links to get this cleared up (either get the links removed or nofollow attributes added), you can contact google and try to resolve this, and you may be able to get the penalty removed.

Good luck.

cazort, Mar 23, 2011 IP
  19. LinkGenie

LinkGenie Active Member

Best Answers:
    I dont think you are penalized. Google rank will go up and down. But anyway I dont approve buying links. There are so many free methods to get one way links.

LinkGenie, Mar 25, 2011 IP
  20. Nick_Mayhem

Nick_Mayhem Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Man I have 40,000 backlinks and I am still on last page :( [No its not blackhat. It is whitehat but I had no other option then to work hard]

You have a bit better situation there.

Nick_Mayhem, Mar 26, 2011 IP