1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How To Submit A Press Release Properly?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by spycraft, Mar 21, 2011.

Hello all,

I have done almost all kinds of linkbuilding but submitting Press Releases. Now, I know that there is a huge amount of websites that offer free PR submission, but I don't know how to choose or prioritize them... That's where I need your help. A few notes:

1) I know that I want my PR to get on Google News and get the max exposure.
    2) I want to get backlinks - I would LOVE to get backlinks with anchor text but would be fine with normal hyperlinked URLs if anchor text is out of the question.
    3) The PR submission must be free.

With these notes in mind, can you tell me how you would submit a PR? I am not just looking for a list of PR submission sites... I have many. I need a prioritized list of PR sites. Where should I submit first? Should I submit it to many of them? That kind of stuff.

Thanks so much in advance!

spycraft, Mar 21, 2011 IP
  2. carleisenstein

carleisenstein Peon

Best Answers:
    I've found different press release sites to be better in different markets and for different niches. So with each site I've promoted I've always started out by submitting to as many as I can, and then watching what happens. Pretty soon some names start to stand out that produce good results, and you can start to ignore the others.

Once you've submitted your releases it's very easy to see which ones end up on Google News and which ones don't.

I'd recommend that you do the same, but, having said that, the following I remember as favourable:

pr.com
    prlog.org
    free-press-release.com

carleisenstein, Mar 21, 2011 IP
  3. spycraft

spycraft Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks Celeisenstein,

I actually tried one just now. Submitted it to all 3 of those and few more... I see that free-press-release was cached first, but the links are not clickable, so i think that it was pointless.

Prlog is also cached, but for some reason it's not showing up when I type in a line of the PR. I am assuming the free-press-release was chached first, so PRlog is considered duplicate and thus is not showing up? The URLs on PRlog are clickable, so I would much rather have that one show up instead.

Any ideas? Any more good recommendations for sites where I should submit the release?

spycraft, Mar 21, 2011 IP
  4. GuruCreation

GuruCreation Notable Member

Best Answers:
    PRlog takes a little more time to show up whether you submitted it there first or last.

Have you checked again today to see of its there or not? I'm sure it is, but if not, it can take up to 24 hours.

As mentioned above though, some PR sites are better for different niches, markets subjects and son-on. So, its basically going to be a trial and error for you. With that being said, there are some "cheap" paid for Press Release sites that offer some better results where you can get normal hyperlinked URLs, but also offer 3 anchor text URLs, just not within the body.

Search around, find a list of PR sites in Google and see what you find... You just might have to submit to all of them in order to find out what works best for you.

GC

GuruCreation, Mar 22, 2011 IP
  5. spycraft

spycraft Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for that. If you can give me any sites that would be greatly appreciated. My release actually made it to Google News so I am happy with the result. The problem is that it was picked up from 1888pressrelease which didn't allow for hyperlinked URLs... So, was it pointless in terms of SEO? I don't know... What I do know is that I would much rather have my URL hyperlinked :p

spycraft, Mar 24, 2011 IP