1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is the giant spining out of control?

Discussion in 'Google' started by SeoKungFu, Mar 21, 2011.

Do you think that google is losing its relevancy, precision and quality in search result.
    You can see more than once a SPAM-infested search page, irrelevant results or something totally out of control.
    Of course, they're always working hard on it and doing their best but with complexity always come complications ( this is not just daily life observation but can be easily proved by mathematics - the more complex an algorithm becomes the bigger are the chances of its misbehavior ! ). As time goes by it is harder and harder to keep and stick to the best of satisfaction.
    And this is not a "doom on them" thread, just please share observations and opinions.
    Thanks !

SeoKungFu, Mar 21, 2011 IP
  2. ruletheworld

ruletheworld Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't see a meaningful alternative, do you?
    There are some searches that are very specific to the domain. Perhaps those might take over with time. Or perhaps Google will simply buy them all!

ruletheworld, Mar 21, 2011 IP
  3. HostMantis

HostMantis Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google tries it's best to provide the best results and keeping it's algorithm one step ahead of the spammers, but I agree it hasn't been doing all that great of a job lately.

It's just like operating systems and viruses/malware. They go for the most popular software and consistently find a way around the security. The software companies try their best to stay one step ahead, but they just don't seem to be able to for long.

HostMantis, Mar 21, 2011 IP
  4. Pandadan

Pandadan Active Member

Best Answers:
    it's all about time. wait some more years and google will find rad answer for spam sites. but i can't complain about the SERP - my site's rates good)

Pandadan, Mar 21, 2011 IP
  5. mchrest

mchrest Active Member

Best Answers:
    I see no issues with search i think if anything they are getting better and better. Yes there will be some bumps in the road. Also it is getting more and more competetive so i believe google will have to respond with more relevance to keep its current position.

mchrest, Mar 21, 2011 IP
  6. mye-corporation

mye-corporation Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, every year that passes it is becoming increasingly difficult to find the right page since the spam is showing in almost every important keyword. Dozens of articles repeated once and again.

The problem here is that there's no better alternative to google so far.

My prediction?. Their revenue system NEEDS this spam since it benefits from it (Adsense). They will slowly begin to fade away with time and be replaced by something better.

mye-corporation, Mar 21, 2011 IP
  7. SeoKungFu

SeoKungFu Active Member

Best Answers:
    Of course, there is no alternative yet, but this is a free market economy where the smartest and fittest ... break trough.
    I.e. I wouldn't be neither shocked, nor surprised if I wake up and there is a better search engine out there, being unknown the day before !

SeoKungFu, Mar 26, 2011 IP