1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Buying E-commerce Website Needed

Discussion in 'Programming' started by ConceptsInsight, Mar 5, 2011.

I need a E-commerce website developed in XHTML to W3C accessibility guidelines with either AA or AAA certification. Use resizable fonts to improve accessibility if possible. No tables to be used as part of design (except for tabular data only).

PRODUCT CATALOGUE
    The product catalogue will support the following features:
    • Unlimited Categories
    • Unlimited Products
    • Unlimited Manufacturers
    • Multi-Language
    • Multi-Currency
    • Product Reviews
    • Product Ratings
    • Downloadable Products
    • Automatic Image Resizing (in products and categories)

SHOPPING CARTS AND PAYMENTS
    This is an extension to the catalogue mentioned above and allows visitors to make purchases and payments on the site. Include pricing, discounting, special offers, loyalty programs, multiple currencies, shipping cost calculations, delivery tracking, etc.

THE FOLLOWING SHOULD BE SUPPORTED:
    • Multiple Tax Rates
    • Shipping Weight Calculation
    • Discount Coupon System
    • Printable Invoices
    • Sales Reports

Post your offer here and/or PM me.

DO NOT ask me what my budget is (I'll know that you didn't border to read the full post to know my requirement when you ask me what my budget is).

Tell me the package you can offer and your price. Thanks

ConceptsInsight, Mar 5, 2011 IP
  2. ifreakz

ifreakz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    0.0% - 0
    custom coded or modified from a preexisting script? this is where the budget matters

I Would highly recommend to go with a custom cart since we can use AMCs and all, as well as customize it according to our requirements

Last edited: Mar 5, 2011
    ifreakz, Mar 5, 2011 IP
  3. ConceptsInsight

ConceptsInsight Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I'm reselling products of a major manufacturer/distributor.
    All I have is their complete database of products that was forwarded to me.
    I want to go with the best most affordable option possible.

4. Gonzo4u

Gonzo4u Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    It seems you had a wrong impression of people asking the project budget, I personally dont see anything wrong into it as it gives the idea how serious the person is about their project. Few people are really serious but lack financially, it gives the consideration factor knowing their budget. For your kind information people here on DP have huge requirements and their budget are peanuts. This really doesnt means the fellow developer has not completely read the poster requirements. If you want quality product then you need to be prepared for it having a good budget in mind or else restricted budget get ready to work with school/college going learn and earn developers. No offense in that once I was the same before having 7+ years of industry standard experience by now.

Gonzo

Gonzo4u, Mar 5, 2011 IP
  5. ifreakz

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    0.0% - 0
    So you have to mention a sketch of your budget If you have plans for making the site big in the future by adding smartphone apps etc, r adding customer care section with customer care panel and such stuff, then custom would always be the best solution. I have sent you a PM, Please respond,

ifreakz, Mar 5, 2011 IP
  6. Nathan Malone

Nathan Malone Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    You can see my listing on DP at http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=2112283 , or my site directly at http://www.prophpdevelopmentblog.com/services/

I see no need to develop something custom for this project, I would recommend going with something like http://www.magentocommerce.com/ , and then modify it as needed (or purchase existing plugins, as needed). That will keep the project costs way down, and will allow you to only hire a developer to install and make a few modifications to an existing application, rather than develop an application from scratch.

BTW, there are several other alternative solutions out there besides Magento, that is just one example of an existing solution that would come close to meeting your requirements.

Nathan Malone, Mar 5, 2011 IP
  7. ifreakz

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    0.0% - 0
    Big business always go with custom since there are more opportunities for future integrations, can you ask Amazon to use osCommerce instead of custom? Magento is pretty complicated from design point of view. Anyway, custom or precoded completely depends on client's requirements and budgets.

ifreakz, Mar 5, 2011 IP
  8. ConceptsInsight

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I have years and years of experience doing this and I don't need any lectures. After 7+ years, I'm sure you've experienced that sometimes the budget determines the project and in certain cases, the project determines the budget. In other words, I'm not specifying a budget because I don't want someone to say "you can only get this much for your budget". I need someone to tell me "these are the various items I can provide and this is what it's going to cost". That's how I make informed buying decisions and that's how I treat my clients. You'll see that every job I've posted on DP and elsewhere, I have awarded. Anyways, no offense taken.

9. ifreakz

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    0.0% - 0
    well said, Thats how we decribe potential clients and potential projects..
    I can brief you details of what i can provide over skype, and prepare a project proposal if you like what we talk.

ifreakz, Mar 5, 2011 IP
  10. ConceptsInsight

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I'm willing to explore the facilities you've mentioned. I don't have a budget constraint. But that doesn't mean about to dole out money recklessly. I'll pay $300 for a $300 job and $1000 for a $1000 job. I need someone who can provide me the most suitable options available and I'll adjust my budget accordingly. If there are better alternatives that reduce cost as Nathan Malone suggests, I'm willing to explore that. But I don't want to get a mediocre product just because I'm trying to reduce cost. Get my point?

11. ConceptsInsight

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    UPDATE
    I'm no longer receiving proposals for this job. I have very received very competitive proposals and that should be enough to make a decision. Solutions that have been proposed include MAGENTO, OsCommerce, Xcart framework, zencart e-commerce, Joomla CMS with Virtuemart Shopping and a custom solution. I'm going to decide which is the best most cost-effective option. If you sent me your skype details, then I must have added you to my skype and will be in touch.
    Thanks for the response.

ConceptsInsight, Mar 6, 2011 IP
  12. Gonzo4u

Gonzo4u Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I am not giving any lecture nor I mean to offend you or anyone here neither and I want to get into this, the way you face things we also face the same problem by some people asking do this for $$ where its actual value is much higher and to avoid waste of time for both, its better to know their budget first before moving ahead. My values goes with your thaughts "Project determines the budget".

Gonzo

Gonzo4u, Mar 6, 2011 IP
  13. imranamen6

imranamen6 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    OsCommerce is a good option you must go with it!

imranamen6, Mar 12, 2011 IP
  14. jaikanth12

jaikanth12 Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi ,I can take up this project and deliver with in the scheduled time and i suggest you magento is the best open source CMS.

jaikanth12, Mar 21, 2011 IP
  15. ifreakz

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    0.0% - 0
    we spoke over phone about this and we decieed to give them a project proposal for custom cart but it turned out that he hasn't shown up on Skype or emails from past 15 days. I hope he's ok.

ifreakz, Mar 21, 2011 IP