1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Social Networking Madness

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by William Veasley, Mar 19, 2011.

Hey,

My names Wiliam Tha Great, here from Houston, Texas.

I was hoping to start a discussion today.

When I look around one Twitter at all the different profile sometimes I think about whycertsin people have less followers then others? Also, why some people are listed many more times, but have less followers than another person. What makes you get a lot of followers that actually stick?

My main question is when you see a Twitter profile with 10'000friends/10'000followers does that look as appealing as a profile with 300friends/10'000followers?

Would that mean anything to you?

I would love to hear your thoughts about this!

God bless,
    William Veasley

William Veasley, Mar 19, 2011 IP
  2. Noah Benjamin Rainey

Noah Benjamin Rainey Peon

Best Answers:
    Accumulating followers can be done by:
    Tweeting a lot
    Follow for follow (you follow him, he follows you)
    Contests
    Friends
    and so forth

Noah Benjamin Rainey, Mar 19, 2011 IP
  3. Aquarezz

Aquarezz Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The 1:1 ratio wouldn't look good for me, since it probably means the user used some follow me I'll follow you tool. I do read the first 5 tweets from people and if they're interesting enough I follow. I'm currently followed by over 1,400 people. The reason? I don't know, I'm doing a lot of business and offer some coupons from time to time on the account. I'm also still a young business entrepreneur so that might be another reason.

Only God knows, I guess ;) (FYI, here's my Twitter in case people are wondering: http://twitter.com/NicoLawsons )

Aquarezz, Mar 19, 2011 IP
  4. ellymaent

ellymaent Peon

Best Answers:
    The second one is more appealing to me. It means that he's not just following back and it gives more credibility.

ellymaent, Mar 22, 2011 IP
  5. morean51

morean51 Peon

Best Answers:
    x---y then y---x will happen follow---follows then follows---follow

morean51, Mar 22, 2011 IP
  6. danmon

danmon Active Member

Best Answers:
    the number of followers does not matter.. its the authority of the person twitting..
    very similar to websites.. like gettting a link from a spammy site and a proper genuine website..

danmon, Mar 22, 2011 IP
  7. JerrickYeoh

JerrickYeoh Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can get lot of follower by buy follower but that are not encourage.
    You may follow others and others will follow back .
    But those are just a not encourage way to do it.
    Try to write some blog and have a website , then able to them to follow your blog or website update with twitter.
    Do some contest to bring more followers.
    Post some interesting topic with signature and let others to retweet it and help you market it .
    Quality tweet is important !!!

JerrickYeoh, Mar 22, 2011 IP
  8. ArticleCreation

ArticleCreation Peon

Best Answers:
    Like websites, content is king. Quality and well thought out tweets will go a long way in bring the followers.

ArticleCreation, Mar 22, 2011 IP
  9. China_girl

China_girl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My answer will be yes for your question. Obviously if someone has more followers and friends on Twitter, I would tend to check out what is he writing or is he a celebrity or just a fake profile. The reason being only some kind of reputed and well known sites or celebrities or well known people will have so many friends and followers on twitter. Or the last option is someone fake, who is just randomly adding friends and followers to increase his credibility. However, eventually these type of profile will not last longer, because those followers will not be helpful at all.

China_girl, Mar 22, 2011 IP
  10. softwebsolutions

softwebsolutions Active Member

Best Answers:
    Twitter has a Twitter Follower-Friend Ratio also known as TFF Ratio. According to the ratio, the higher the ratio, the more Twitter friendly a user is:

• A ratio less than 1 indicates that you are seeking for Twitter knowledge and friends but you are not getting favorable results.
    • A ratio of around 1 indicates that you are respected amongst your peers. It is in fact the best ratio because you are listening and being listened to.
    • A ratio of 2.0 or above indicates that you are a leader and a popular person in your community and people want to hear what you have to say.
    • A ratio of 10 or higher indicates that either you are a rock star in your field or a mindless chatterer. People like to hear you talk and you also like to hear yourself talk.

Now as per your question, if you have 10000 friends and 10000 followers you will have a TFF ratio of around 1; which indicates that you are respected amongst your peers. But if you have 300 friends and 10,000 followers it shows that your TFF ratio is more than 10 which indicates that you are a rock star in your field or a mindless chatterer. :)

If you wish to learn more about using Twitter as an effective tool to promote your brand then go through the links given below:
    http://blog.softwebsolutions.com/bl...st-out-of-a-great-social-media-device-twitter

http://blog.softwebsolutions.com/social-media/guidelines-to-ingenious-twitter-management

softwebsolutions, Mar 24, 2011 IP
  11. sooraj1

sooraj1 Peon

Best Answers:
    I am in your favor.
    Its a nature of man that hi tends to move on that side which is heavy so if you have more friend or follower the more people wants to know about you.

sooraj1, Mar 24, 2011 IP