1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

VPS/Dedicated and the decision.

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by Joshie, Mar 16, 2011.

Now, reference to this topic that I created about GoDaddy Vs JustHost. Which is: http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=2122303

(The reason why I decide to create another topic, is because it isn't related to JustHost Vs GoDaddy anymore as I have arrived to my decision).

Alright, I have decided to stay with JustHost after several searching along with my own experience. As JustHost is still at the very top 5 in every top web hosting list on different websites which actually brings me a relief and better decision to stay with them.

But right now, I just need a backup plan which that would be upgrade. JustHost don't have VPS/Dedicated. Who you think I should go with? What I am looking for is to have A LOT of bandwidth, disk space and such that can handle all traffics and spaces for a great length of time because I don't want to be constantly upgrading/moving too soon. In few months, I know I will be moving. But I just want to hear your voice on which VPS or Dedicated servers providers is the best for me to go with and do not have to change. Right now, my plan is to gather all of the names that you have mention, whichever gets the most then that's the one I will go with. The reason I am saying this, is because my website is getting there slowly but I am just wanting to go on and move it to higher bandwidth/space and faster, and the one that I can stay with for a long while and not worry about the regarding of space, bandwidth and such. And also, it must host very several domains/subdomains and as much as e-mail accounts as possible. Unlimited, if not limited. And also, I for sure need as much as databases I can get as some of you know that blogging loves to eat up database.

And also, please only mention the ones that you are with now and that it's treating you very well. Not the ones that isn't great, because that would just mess up my counting of mentions, think of it as a vote.

And also, question. Can I do reseller, such as selling hosts to few of people on VPS or Dedicated? If so then that'd be great too because I am looking into provide only very limited numbers of clients, my personal clients that is.

Alright, let this begin! Note that, I very much thank you all for a such big help from you. Only time I could think of getting help from is from you guys on DigitalPoint! I am considering this my 3rd home (because 2nd home is my own website so it's a good excuse).

Joshie, Mar 16, 2011 IP
  2. WSWD

WSWD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, you can offer "reseller hosting" with a VPS or dedicated server, as long as you have a control panel installed, i.e. cPanel.

WebNX gets my vote for dedicated boxes.

WSWD, Mar 17, 2011 IP
  3. jilliani

jilliani Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Servint.net is by far the best VPS provider I have ever used. I have been with them for years. When I submit a support request, I just start refreshing my screen because most of the time it will be answered within 2 - 3 minutes. It doesn't matter if it is 2am on Christmas Day.

I just ran into an issue where I purchased a pretty expensive shopping cart. I was getting an error when I would place a test Paypal payment using the cart. The cart support team was very slow to respond (3 - 4 days) and when they would, it was a canned response where they would tell me it was a problem with my hosting.

I placed a support request with Servint.net. They really went over and beyond to create a test script in PHP that duplicated what the cart software was trying to do. This proved there wasn't a problem with the hosting. Then they asked for permission to edit one of the files that ran the shopping cart. I granted permission and they found and repaired a coding error in the cart software. It works perfect now.

These guys really go over and beyond. They are the best.

Brent

jilliani, Mar 17, 2011 IP