1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which is better- 2CO or Plimus?

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by zaggernaut, Mar 16, 2011.

Guys,

As the title suggests, I am trying to figure out the best option for 3rd party payment processing. Especially, when Paypal is not an option ( Indian users facing trouble from Paypal) the best services I have been able to figure out from my internet research are 2CO and Plimus.

Anybody who has used one or both of these services? I am looking to sell subscription based service and Paypal is great but as an alternative which service is better overall?

zaggernaut, Mar 16, 2011 IP
  2. paulino007

paulino007 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have a plimus account and i can tell you authoritatively that their service is good...but am not 2co seller so i cant say much about them.

paulino007, Mar 16, 2011 IP
    zaggernaut likes this.
  3. Moses8595

Moses8595 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you can choose plimus...2CO requires you to have a site.

Moses8595, Mar 16, 2011 IP
    zaggernaut likes this.
  4. zaggernaut

zaggernaut Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks guys. Read somewhere that Plimus is not really great with refunds and chargebacks?

I am only going to sell subscription memberships to 100 odd members a month.

I m inclining towards Plimus as well, 2CO looks archaic from the looks of their site.

zaggernaut, Mar 17, 2011 IP
  5. Disguised

Disguised Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I have used 2CO and Plimus both and they are both good.

2CO:

They suck if you get a chargeback and would most likely close your account in case you get few chargebacks. (Happened to me)

You have to pay a Sign Up fee of $49.

Their payments are released weekly which is BEST

Plimus:

They are free and no fees are to be paid.

They pay once a month unless you've large sales upto $20,000 per month (Which sucks, because your money is stuck for almost 45+ days).

Disguised, Mar 17, 2011 IP
  6. mave863

mave863 Peon

Best Answers:
    2CO is better. Although you need to pay start-up money, but they're more professional.

Plimus free but their fee is high, eventually you will get less profit. Also, if you have refund/chargeback, they will deduct money from your account $15/refund (so not only you'll give the product for free, but you also give Plimus $15 and some people have their account balance negative because of this). When you want to withdraw via wire transfer, you must pay $21/transfer. They also pay you after 45 days. And they still can suspend your account with all funds in it.

mave863, Mar 19, 2011 IP
  7. Isura Nirmal

Isura Nirmal Active Member

Best Answers:
    2Co is better. Plimus payment verification procedure sux.They take so many days to call my clients and sometimes my client has to call them for verify.payment on 15 th of the month is also sux. Dont use their service

Isura Nirmal, Mar 23, 2011 IP
  8. Disguised

Disguised Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I disagree with that. I have been using Plimus for more than a year and never faced an issue except they cancelled a payment from client after 1 month.

Disguised, Mar 23, 2011 IP
  9. neil_buzzerchat_staff

neil_buzzerchat_staff Banned

Best Answers:
    plimus is good you can open account for free but you can also try regnow they removed signup fee

neil_buzzerchat_staff, Mar 24, 2011 IP
  10. andre01

andre01 Member

Best Answers:
    according to me plimus is more important

andre01, Mar 24, 2011 IP
  11. startbus

startbus Peon

Best Answers:
    2CO is very loyal company, they are easy to work with. They have a verification procedure, however it is an adequate one.

Have never dealt with Plimus, however heard positive feedback from those who use 2CO service (usually store owners).

startbus, Mar 25, 2011 IP
  12. BreadCrumbs

BreadCrumbs Banned

Best Answers:
    I hate 2CO so much because they delete my account without my confirmation. I have already paid $49 and the risk management wants me to provide them documentation like utility bill and id. I send them over and over again because they always said that they can't open my documents. I was really frustrated because they can't open it so I said that I want to delete my account and want a refund because it's not my fault you can't open my documents. They then replied to me that they will not give any refund and they will delete my account if I want. I replied to them immediately that I changed my mind and I assumed they wont delete it so I thought we will have to think of some alternative for my documents for them to received it. But they deleted my account after that and I don't know why! They also said that we cannot give your account back because it has been deleted. Can you believe that?! I have never thought that 2CO would do that to me!

I don't want my clients to pay me via PayPal, I also don't want Plimus though they have lots of functionalities.

BreadCrumbs, Mar 25, 2011 IP
  13. GoDesain

GoDesain Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i think plimus good for you.. free signup and high secure..

GoDesain, Mar 31, 2011 IP