1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Rules 150 days of frustation. Honestly cant do business if mods ignore me for so long...

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by psharma, Mar 10, 2011.

1. psharma

psharma Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    God! Dont build any functionality dont do anything to ban adwords. But at least make a quite small edit in my thread which mods are lazily not doing for many months. that small edit can enable me to happily sell once again, just like other sellers and will end this meaningless discussion.

or'

It is pretty much our expectation from mods and admins to made edits in our sale thread when they become outdated because we cant do it ourselves.

psharma, Mar 12, 2011 IP
  2. EvanP

EvanP Banned

Best Answers:
    Stop complaining. DP is not primarily for selling. This feature will come in the future. For now, make use of what is available. DP does not have to provide these services for you.

EvanP, Mar 13, 2011 IP
  3. psharma

psharma Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I am not asking for a special service, just a thread edit.

psharma, Mar 13, 2011 IP
  4. harrisunderwork

harrisunderwork Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Read the whole thread and then start bashing anyone. You cannot penalize some for some feature that is yet to be implemented. A person with 0 feedback score need not reply here.

harrisunderwork, Mar 13, 2011 IP
  5. fastreplies

fastreplies Banned

Best Answers:
    Even one infraction is too many under present circumstances given that in a mean while
    OP and others are getting infractions and bans from you because you made stupid rule
    to begin with. If you can’t provide users with tool they needed to edit existing thread,
    then least you can do is to stop punishing them for starting new one that is highlighting
    something new and different from what has been offered in original post.

OP is not asking you about some special favor but for something even you recognize will
    benefit users in the future but not available to OP now and all you heed to do until you can
    accommodate your members with technical solution to deal with the present condition is
    to stop merging unrelated threads and giving infractions to people who don’t have on their
    minds any sinister plots and intentions to harm your forum.

:)

fastreplies

fastreplies, Mar 13, 2011 IP
  6. psharma

psharma Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I am not even demanding what you are advocating. My demand is even smaller. Just edit my thread which is pending an update for 150 days because of laziness of mods. Thats it.

psharma, Mar 13, 2011 IP
  7. fastreplies

fastreplies Banned

Best Answers:
    Well, the reason I'm advocating your "request" is because I made the same one when Mod merged
    my 3 years old thread with old unrelated Title and content that doesn't reflect our latest offer
    and was told to take a walk the same way you were told.

fastreplies.

fastreplies, Mar 13, 2011 IP
  8. psharma

psharma Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    This is how Shawn got 26000 posts. He believes only in replying and cross replying. My edit request is not herculean task and within the forum rules. We are dependent on Mods and Admits for thread edits :(
    Niether he does bans vouchers, only telling me that I am selling a product which must not be allowed.

psharma, Mar 14, 2011 IP
  9. ApocalypseXL

ApocalypseXL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I find it disturbing that the number of given infractions is 6 time higher then the number of a active members .

As for BST the fact is that it is a 7M USD market and that can't be ignored . TBQH that relist feature is quite vital to quite some members and the majority of that group sports premium membership . Therefore that relist feature is something required by the very people that financially support DigitalPoint .

A simple non-code implementation would be a delete and report service . For a 10-20 USD (numbers may vary) fee a member could have his thread deleted by a mod and then he could legitimately post his new thread . It would be simple and profitable for all parties involved .

ApocalypseXL, Mar 16, 2011 IP
    psharma likes this.
  10. Aquarezz

Aquarezz Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You can now edit your thread so I guess this problem is solved.

Aquarezz, Mar 16, 2011 IP
  11. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    No you can't... At least not anymore than before. What IS new is people can see edit history. That was just one of many issues that need to be addressed before relisting/editing would be possible.

digitalpoint, Mar 16, 2011 IP
  12. Aquarezz

Aquarezz Notable Member

Best Answers:
    So the edits that do get made, which hardly happens for some of us (not me since I never really needed it), are now visible. Ok I expected it to be like I wrote it, but unfortunately it isn't :)

Is there a chance this is going to happen? I guess now that the history option is here it could be possible with like a limit of one change per 3 months for standard members and one change per month for premium members or something?

Aquarezz, Mar 16, 2011 IP
  13. Rivmedia

Rivmedia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Voucher codes imo should be banned if they breach the actually company's T&C of which they are being sold for, And im pretty sure it should fall into one of the following rules in around about way. If you ask me DP has eased up on the Hitler style of moderation it was before Shawn came back on the scene , before he came back into the public eye it was fookin terrible, i dont consider myself to be a bad member nor do i visit the place that much or contribute to much conversation but ive been banned twice and have a shed load of infractions to boot, if i was you id put up with what you have or leave. It will save you and shawn the stress of having to deal with these kinds of threads.

Just my two cents, im not here to debate the subject thats just my opinion.

Rivmedia, Mar 16, 2011 IP
  14. Hecky

Hecky Like a Dungeon Dragon!

Best Answers:
    Maybe just say premium members can make new sales threads once every so often to solve this problem? I don't see how it harms anyone to have a new thread every few weeks/months with updates and new offers for members who contribute earnings to the forum.

Hecky, Mar 16, 2011 IP
    psharma likes this.
  15. fastreplies

fastreplies Banned

Best Answers:
    No one but Shawn can see harm.

Shawn, can you share with us why did you make that rule?

fastreplies

fastreplies, Mar 16, 2011 IP
  16. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    There was a point in time where there were between 1,500 and 1,800 duplicate threads being created each day. Let's just say for sake of argument that 1% of the threads existing now were "relisted" every day. You would have more than 250 new threads each day in just the directory section with people creating a new thread every day or week or whatever. Legitimate threads were completely lost because they would fall off to the 2nd page within an hour or so because people were just spamming the same crap each day/week as a "relist".

If you think things are spammy now, you should have seen it then... literally (no exaggeration) there were 1,500+ threads each day of people posting a thread they already once posted.

Disallowing duplicate threads isn't a perfect solution, but it's the least bad solution. That's why the whole thread bumping system came into place to help people with legitimate threads get back to the top if they want.

17. fastreplies

fastreplies Banned

Best Answers:
    Well Shawn, I remember what it was then and yes if some Bozo making new thread every week
    than why not, but merging 4 years old Announcement thread... come on man, give me a brake.

Mod could merge my last thread with Solicitation one that I made on Nov, 18, 2010 I probably would
    keep it quiet but using 4 years old thread just show how much your system has been screwed up.

fastreplies

18. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Well like I said... what we "need" to do to manage the forum often differs from what a user "needs". The only way a user is going to be 100% certain their needs are met with any thread/announcement, etc. would be to post it on a site they have control over. If digitalpoint.com went away tomorrow, where would you post whatever it is?

There's probably a reason that when a company makes an announcement about something, they do it on their own site. Imagine if Apple wanted to post their announcement of an iPad 2 on some third party site, and then complained about that site not doing exactly what they wanted with the announcement. Sounds silly, doesn't it?

19. fastreplies

fastreplies Banned

Best Answers:
    LOL, the same place I have posted every time you have had ban me for 1, 3, 6 months.

Then why bother, why do we need forums and why are you running one?

fastreplies

20. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    This forum was started primarily as a support venue for our existing users. We had many thousands of users long before we had a forum. Digital Point was around for 10 years before we had a forum.

Running a support venue via an email list is a terribly inefficient thing to do:

http://www.digitalpoint.com/lists/summary-1.html