1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Dropshipping

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by webcosmo, Jan 14, 2010.

1. Boblin

Boblin Member

Best Answers:
    maybe you can consider the toys dropshipping.
    they do the dropshipping famous toys for infant too,but it seems to that some toys is heavy,you must choose the light toys as dropshipping.

their website: www.ruanonline.com ,it is real wholesale...

Boblin, Oct 14, 2010 IP
  2. diger61

diger61 Peon

Best Answers:
    Boblin,

Thanks for your offer!
    I will attentively look at it.

diger61, Oct 15, 2010 IP
  3. digitalroadwarrior

digitalroadwarrior Peon

Best Answers:
    Great info on this thread. Is building a site the right way to go for dropshipping or going the ebay or amazon route a smart move? Any help will be great thanks!

digitalroadwarrior, Oct 30, 2010 IP
  4. arwa

arwa Peon

Best Answers:
    shoppingcosmo.com, your store is very nice, i like this: D

arwa, Nov 12, 2010 IP
  5. Lanna

Lanna Peon

Best Answers:
    This is an awesome thread.

I learned a lot and also bookmarked some drop shipping sites that are listing here. Thanks a lot, especially to mike255.

Lanna, Dec 14, 2010 IP
  6. AndriyZ

AndriyZ Peon

Best Answers:
    finding what to sell is the hardest part. I would suggest to stay away from electronics, tools and other common products. Competition is too tough and its really hard to make any money in those industries. I use world wida brands to find suppliers. They dont offer dropshipping themselves, they just have a list of suppliers. You can also search for them on google. I would also suggest to stay away from large companies who offer dropshipping of millions of products. They basically find small suppliers and dropship from them to your customers. In other words they are unneeded middle man, which will cut your profits. Try to find unique itmes, that can not be found in wallmart or other common stores. Also try to find small manufacturer who will dropship for you. If they are small most likely you will be charged for products as mush as everybody else. In contrast with big companies who sell their items to wallmart, amazon and such at fraction of what they sell it to you. My suggestion, think outside the box and research research and research. Good luck-)

AndriyZ, Dec 15, 2010 IP
  7. almedajohnson

almedajohnson Peon

Best Answers:
    I have never heard about this?? Was there any big loss that company faced??

almedajohnson, Dec 15, 2010 IP
  8. Recession Proof

Recession Proof Peon

Best Answers:
    Your site looks absolutely great! Kudos

Recession Proof, Jan 24, 2011 IP
  9. jdnlu11

jdnlu11 Peon

Best Answers:
    We have a website, which is also doing nothing, and going nowhere. We have had it for 1 1/2 yrs and the ppl who were helping us have not done alot for us. We have a drop shipper with this website. I dont understand what to do either. We are in the process of possibly taking this website as a loss since it hasnt made any money for us. What questions do you have??

jdnlu11, Jan 24, 2011 IP
  10. Alyssa101

Alyssa101 Peon

Best Answers:
    I found it sooooooo hard to find a dropshipper - there's not many around and some of the sites ive found dont reply for days so id be dubious using them to serve my customers from. My rule of thumb is call them first before commiting to anything - if they wont pick up the phone to make a sale whats the chance they will when chasing product?

Alyssa101, Jan 25, 2011 IP
  11. jdnlu11

jdnlu11 Peon

Best Answers:
    we have a dropshipper but our business isnt doing anything as of yet...we had ppl helping us, but theyaer slow to do anything

jdnlu11, Jan 25, 2011 IP
  12. jdnlu11

jdnlu11 Peon

Best Answers:
    so what is the best sites to have either with a dropshipper or just on your own??

jdnlu11, Jan 25, 2011 IP
  13. ichliebe

ichliebe Peon

Best Answers:
    on my own website.

ichliebe, Jan 25, 2011 IP
  14. Itachi Uchiha

Itachi Uchiha Member

Best Answers:
    Recently, there are so many company from China and Hong Kong offering dropshipping.
    I must say the price is so unbelievably cheap.
    I want to give it a try but I'm afraid of the quality. Like people say, don't buy anything made in China.

Itachi Uchiha, Feb 12, 2011 IP
  15. AndriyZ

AndriyZ Peon

Best Answers:
    I think either way is fine, the only thing to remember that amazon charges 15% fee for sold items and eBay just a little lower. I used to sell on both. Could not say I had much luck selling brand new items for fair price on eBay. It seems to me that eBay is good if you have some product which you can offer at bargain price or unique items. I was selling on Amazon, and did quite a few sales, the only problem that dropshippers allow around 20% profit margin in their product ( if their product is not popular or it is really hard for them to sell you can get up to 50% profit margin, but very least likely you going to have any luck with those products on Amazon or eBay)
    So basically taking this in consideration you have about 5% profit in your pocket after all said and done. Do I think it is possible to make money on Amazon - yes. Is it easy money? - it is very hard earned money, and if you are live in US probably better off find yourself a job on salary. Also be sure your dropshipper is very very clear on shipping charges. This will eat up your profit. I did make that mistake and at the end of the month I owed money instead of making some. And once again profit margin is low, so if you have any trouble (such as shipping end up being higher than you expected) it will take many sales to recover.
    Once again I think it is possible to make money with those folks, but you need to be very careful about what you sell and me 100% confident in your dropshipper customer service.

AndriyZ, Feb 13, 2011 IP
  16. AndriyZ

AndriyZ Peon

Best Answers:
    I have no trouble with stuff made in china. Everything is made in China, Apple computers are made in china, some of the high end items that are on a market made in China, so not everything made in China is cheap junk. Of course if the price is extremely cheap then the quality going to be cheap too. Also be sure to check out their shipping rates. I did have one company in mind. Their product seemed pretty good quality and prices are good, but by the time you add shipping there was almost no profit left. Just be sure you check on that

AndriyZ, Feb 13, 2011 IP
  17. shadow181818

shadow181818 Peon

Best Answers:
    I can supply dropshipping with cell phone and tablet,it will be sold fast if your site has target traffic.

shadow181818, Mar 16, 2011 IP
  18. Mightybotnyc Mbnyc

Mightybotnyc Mbnyc Member

Best Answers:
    Dropshipping takes time. It something like an illusion..describe your products & make the site customer service friendly and youll be ok.

Mightybotnyc Mbnyc, Mar 18, 2011 IP
  19. EsotericTrader

EsotericTrader Peon

Best Answers:
    Drop Shipping is profitable, you need to focus on finding a niche market that has great profit margins. Using sites like Doba is a waste of time, if you're going to do it seriously then use "Real" drop shippers that require a reseller application/wholesale license.

As previously mentioned the profit margins will range from %5-%20 after seller fees on eBay and Amazon, depending on the product you're trying to sell.

EsotericTrader, Mar 23, 2011 IP
  20. leopardproof

leopardproof Peon

Best Answers:
    take a look at trioffer.com

leopardproof, Apr 6, 2011 IP