1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to choose your domain name

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by wryfhk22, Mar 15, 2011.

Hello~ I learned following things from other people ,I think it's very useful so I just share it with all of you , hope it can help you sometimes.

1-Goals and objectives and future directions

Before you get a domain name, you should have a plan in mind. You should know what your goals and objectives of having a domain are. Do you want to have a domain to advertise your business or you want it for your interests or hobbies?

2- Domain ending

Select the top level domain (TLD) as dot com (.com) unless you want to get a specific country of a particular legal or organization structure such as dot edu (.edu for education). It depends on your objective of having the domain. If you want a domain to redirect a specific url, then get a domain with dot info(.info). It would serve your purpose well and it is cheaper than the dot come one.

3- Hyphens

Avoid hyphens your domain name even though some people would say that would help search engine identify keyword more clearly. Some would say that would be the same thing as without hyphens.

4- Name length

The name of your domain should be short, simple, and memorable. The purpose behind this is you want your audience to spell correctly, say quickly, and remember your domain. Remember that the longer the domain name, the easy it is to misspell it.

5- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and traffic

Do a keyword research for your domain name because it has influence on search engines. That is why you want your domain name related to keyword in your niche that you are going to do business. The targeted keyword used in the domain name can boost traffic to your blog.

6- Intended audience

You must have in mind of what kind of audience you intend to appeal your business to. Is that young people, internet marketing or cool groups of people? This way you can gear the way you talk to your audience so that you can tone your voice through your writing properly.

7- Trademark infringement

Before you register your domain, do a research to make sure you don't use a trademark name. Be warned that buying a domain containing a trademarked name could result in taking your domain down after a legal battle dispute.

8- Branding

You can use your name as a domain name, but it is going to take a lot of work to brand your blog. People do not know who you are. You have a lot of marketing and advertising to do.

wryfhk22, Mar 15, 2011 IP
  2. aupokies

aupokies Peon

Best Answers:
    Great post. I believe that you must know your objective and check for other business names that you choose. Some keywords have negative history so it is important to check for Search engines for the chosen domain

aupokies, Mar 16, 2011 IP
  3. Cheat

Cheat Peon

Best Answers:
    Choosing a good domain name is choosing a good domain hack such as kiss.me / color.tv / mexi.co if you wan't future proof. The .com might be king today but not for long, as new extensions gets created and we are going to be facing super premium domain such as word.word / bumper.car / web.site / digital.point ...ect in the future and you will feel miserable having to compete with other extensions such as kiss.com / kiss.net / kiss.org / kiss.gay ...ect as it is more logical to simply go to kiss.me as the extension and the name goes very well together.

Unless your a closed minded person stuck in the 80's with "it must be a .com" mentality.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2011
    Cheat, Mar 16, 2011 IP
  4. SiberForum

SiberForum Banned

Best Answers:
    Well, you provided really useful information for webmasters going to reg domain name.

I always say that a GOOD domain is GOOD money in your pocket.

SiberForum, Mar 16, 2011 IP
  5. saqib889

saqib889 Peon

Best Answers:
    keyword rich domain is really important.

thanks for the tips.

saqib889, Mar 16, 2011 IP