1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Guys, what u think about this IM idea, might it convert rly well?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Zyxzed, Mar 13, 2011.

ok, so I got a site.

www.guidetocataclysm.com

can any1 plz tell me is this site made well? For the traffic to come, and convert?

and if it is (woohoo! :))
    then the next step is I guess getting traffic.

that would be like?

-buying 1k or 2k, or more, quality facebook acc with as much as possible US friends?
    -buying tweeter acc, just like facebook accs
    -getting someone to do a rly nice keyword search for my niche, and put it on adwords?
    -get someone to write me articles and spread them on net?
    -get someone to get everything well and rank my site well on google?
    -getting someone to do hm, what else to get traffic?

and is that cost gonna pay out when I start earning?
    what do u think of this idea guys? :/

can't w8 for reply!!
    tnx

Zyxzed, Mar 13, 2011 IP
  2. ForgottenCreature

ForgottenCreature Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well, your SEO is wrong on your site as well. "Get gold now!"?
    It should be "Get World of Warcraft Cold" - that's better for your site because you sell gold.

It can - you just need to promote it on gaming forums - through forum signatures - and also promote it through the use of social media.

ForgottenCreature, Mar 13, 2011 IP
    Zyxzed likes this.
  3. Oceanus

Oceanus Member

Best Answers:
    I agree about the SEO work that needs to be done but I think you are on the right track with your list. Good luck!

Oceanus, Mar 14, 2011 IP
    Zyxzed likes this.
  4. krishnaegurus

krishnaegurus Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm not that much happy with the design, development and SEO done on the website. But your marketing thoughts are cool and will work well :)

krishnaegurus, Mar 15, 2011 IP
    Zyxzed likes this.
  5. Ramshanked

Ramshanked Peon

Best Answers:
    It seems you too have gotten this one wrong, you wrote (stated above) "It should be "Get World of Warcraft cold" - that's better for your site because you sell gold."

Now without ticking you off, it should read "Get World Of Warcraft Gold" (Not Cold) - I know, I'm being petty and I apologise lol.

However I DO totally agree with you, I think it should be "Get World of Warcraft Gold" it just makes sense, the longtail phrase is there and you WILL get better traffic (more targetted) with that phrase.

I'd also make sure you add some SEO into you Youtube videos too adding your main keywords because it will bring customers/clients/gamers to your youtube videos and then hopefully to your website if you do the video SEO right on youtube.

One other thing I would consider doing is making sure that you have your videos the same size; I noticed that you had a video that was a LOT bigger then the others, I'd go into the code and change it to the same size as the others, not just for aesthetics of the website but also for the skimmers (the readers of your site that are in a rush, or don't like reading all that much).

Just a couple of ideas, and I hope I haven't trodden on any toes especially with me being new here on the forum. Just wanted to add my two cents (although here in the UK that should read 2 pence lol).

PS: Forgotten Creature - I apologise if I offended you, it wasn't meant to; just friendly banter. Enjoy the rest of your day guys.

-Ram

Ramshanked, Mar 15, 2011 IP
    Zyxzed likes this.