1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Analytics and Adsense Integration

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by ronitdeep, Mar 2, 2011.

I want to inegrate Google adsense and analytics, but i am not able to do so,can anybody guide me how can i do that?
    I have attached screenshot of my adsense account.
    mqa006.jpg

ronitdeep, Mar 2, 2011 IP
  2. HomeDesigner

HomeDesigner Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You'll need to download some plugins to do so

HomeDesigner, Mar 3, 2011 IP
  3. ronitdeep

ronitdeep Active Member

Best Answers:
    Which plugins i should download?
    I dont know i require plugin to integrate adsense & analytics. :D

ronitdeep, Mar 5, 2011 IP
  4. otjutt

otjutt Member

Best Answers:
    There are tons of Adsense plugins out there. One which I use is WhyDoWork Adsense. For analytics you can use 'Google Analyticator'. My theme has built in google analytics section. Most of the new wp themes have built in google analytics section.

otjutt, Mar 5, 2011 IP
  5. shazfa

shazfa Member

Best Answers:
    would you please tell me where can i find download option to downloading plugin.

shazfa, Mar 7, 2011 IP
  6. otjutt

otjutt Member

Best Answers:
    otjutt, Mar 7, 2011 IP
  7. BryanGFT

BryanGFT Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry guys but you don't need any plugin for adsense or GA integration. You should use plugins only when you really need to.

@HomeDesigner
    Where would you like to integrate adsense?

If you want to install google analytics, just login to your WP blog and go to:
    Aperiance=>Editor, select Footer (from your theme) and paste GA code just before </body>.

BryanGFT, Mar 7, 2011 IP
  8. otjutt

otjutt Member

Best Answers:
    Yes you are 100% right! Both codes can be integrated without the help of plugins. But this usually takes more time and is not an appropriate method for non-technical persons. Not everyone is master in WordPress, every non-technical person wants to keep himself away from the codes.

What if a non-technical person wants to disable analytics or adsense on WordPress? So once again he has to edit the theme files. What if a non-technical person changes his theme? Once again he has to integrate the code.

Plugins makes the life of a non-technical blogger much easier.

otjutt, Mar 10, 2011 IP
  9. BryanGFT

BryanGFT Peon

Best Answers:
    @otjutt

Non-technical person can make the backup of the WP theme and than when decide to remove adsense just needs to overwrite theme files and that's it. No adsense or analytics will appear.
    it's even better to duplicate wp theme and make one with adsense and one without if someone wants to change it more often.

This is also a good way for non-technical person to become technical and to learn something. WP theme editor from appearance menu can do all the job, no extra software needed :)

BryanGFT, Mar 10, 2011 IP
  10. skykid

skykid Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Generally I agree. But sometimes its harder - like I can edit my single.php to show the same adsense code I am now displaying via plugin , possibly even using <center> tags to get the layout . But how can I turn it off for specific posts ? If its in the theme than the same code will apply for all posts, or what about using different codes ( like the one of a contributor at his article for some revenue sharing )

skykid, Mar 14, 2011 IP
  11. BryanGFT

BryanGFT Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes you can turn it of by using post templates. To do so, you must customize single.php so you can use different adsense for each post you like.
    Anyways, you are right, this is not for beginners.
    It's always easier to use plugin as long as it works and as long as you don't have 50 plugins activated that slows down your WP site :)

BryanGFT, Mar 14, 2011 IP
  12. otjutt

otjutt Member

Best Answers:
    If a non-technical persons starts messing around with its blog's code then he is not going to achieve this before two to three days. A person is non-technical because either he don't want to be technical or he has no time for technical work. There shouldn't be any compulsion of learning WordPress codes in order to use it.

Moreover through plugins adsense code can be moved easily within blog's interface. but when it comes to edit the file it becomes tricky. Editing a theme's file again and again is not a recommended way of inserting adsense code.

I know WordPress codes. If I want I can edit the themes file but I don't because there is no need to do this when you can achieve it in a matter of clicks.

otjutt, Mar 14, 2011 IP
  13. otjutt

otjutt Member

Best Answers:
    There are some revenue sharing plugins out there but not all are good enough to be installed. I'll recommend 'Author Advertising Plugin' as it is working fine. Here is the link:

http://www.harleyquine.com/code/author-advertising-plugin/

otjutt, Mar 14, 2011 IP
  14. BryanGFT

BryanGFT Peon

Best Answers:
    Or the person is non-technical because he/she has just started to learn and wants to become technical :)

If you want to learn, It's better to loose 5 days for adsense integration. If it's one time project, just use plugin.

BryanGFT, Mar 14, 2011 IP
  15. otjutt

otjutt Member

Best Answers:
    Thats not a topic to fuss about! :)

A person should do what he finds easy and more productive.

otjutt, Mar 15, 2011 IP
  16. BryanGFT

BryanGFT Peon

Best Answers:
    @otjutt

ok, now you got me interested :)
    Do you think the author of plugin also thinks this way: "do what he finds easy and more productive"? If so, no one would ever create a plugin for others to use.
    Easy and plugin coding are two opposite things.

BryanGFT, Mar 15, 2011 IP
  17. otjutt

otjutt Member

Best Answers:
    You are mixing up two different kind of persons. We are talking about non-technical persons, not coders. I wrote this line for a non-technical person. Not for a coder. got it?

otjutt, Mar 15, 2011 IP
  18. BryanGFT

BryanGFT Peon

Best Answers:
    @otjutt

Yeah I got it. Sorry, it's my approach. I don't believe in different kind of persons. I believe anyone can do the job, that's why we have two different opinions. This is normal :)
    We are also out of topic :)
    See ya

BryanGFT, Mar 15, 2011 IP
  19. otjutt

otjutt Member

Best Answers:
    @BryanGFT

yeah! we are too much out of topic :D
    see ya!

otjutt, Mar 15, 2011 IP