1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

AdWords not converting

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by xavierm, Mar 10, 2011.

I just set up my first adwords campaign. my budget was 600USD for the month, I've already blown through $178 in this first week ($20 budget per day) and I've only attributed 1 conversion to the campaign. Im using hot keywords and A-B testing ads but I just cant seem to get my visitors to convert. Any advice?

xavierm, Mar 10, 2011 IP
  2. jamesloo

jamesloo Peon

Best Answers:
    get your online SEO and marketing right before committing to Adwords. Adwords isn't magic. Its your site that converts, not Adwords.

jamesloo, Mar 10, 2011 IP
  3. infogle

infogle Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You are right these days adwords isnt converting well - i have also tried few times but failed... they are not productive enough - so i would recommend using facebook ads - they are more targeting and better than adwords

Hope this helps...

infogle, Mar 10, 2011 IP
  4. Lucid Web Marketing

Lucid Web Marketing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As James said, it's not Adwords (or any other PPC for that matter) that's responsible for the conversion, it's the site. However, if you use keywords that are too broad and not well targeted, that will affect your conversion rate downward. While your ad is not the main factor that determines conversion rates, it can have an effect. It certainly can help increase click rates. You just have to put it all together: optimum click and conversion rate ads with a great sales page.

Lucid Web Marketing, Mar 10, 2011 IP
  5. jacwee

jacwee Peon

Best Answers:
    What kind of hot keywords are you targeting?

Here's what I do personally. My goal is to get immediate sales and not generating leads:
    - Avoid information seeking and research phase - eg. learn to play drums, fishing tips
    - Catch them when they are ready to buy - eg. HTC Windows Phone 7 HD5, buy xxxx, review xxxx

jacwee, Mar 10, 2011 IP
  6. Mauricio_Shogun

Mauricio_Shogun Member

Best Answers:
    My conversion is good today ^^

Mauricio_Shogun, Mar 10, 2011 IP
  7. xavierm

xavierm Peon

Best Answers:
    our other channels are converting well. i think i may be taking the wrong approach to adwords.

xavierm, Mar 12, 2011 IP
  8. hilhilginger

hilhilginger Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You will get high conversion on quality landing page design. Your sales page should be targeted to audience interested to buy your product or service. So use right keyword in your adword title for the right visitor should click your ads.

hilhilginger, Mar 12, 2011 IP
  9. xavierm

xavierm Peon

Best Answers:
    Thats a brilliant idea, Im going to play with it.

xavierm, Mar 13, 2011 IP
  10. Kiranraj

Kiranraj Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Create your ads with the targeted keywords so it will converts into the lead....

Kiranraj, Mar 14, 2011 IP
  11. xavierm

xavierm Peon

Best Answers:
    I think its important to distinguish between the information seekers and those who are already in search of a product to purchase. My ads so far have been particularly broad and generic and dont focus on the emotional buying state of the client.

xavierm, Mar 14, 2011 IP
  12. Eschatonic

Eschatonic Peon

Best Answers:
    Once you've focused your ad copy, you should revisit your keywords. More generic keywords will be less appropriate, and you may be able to pick up on keywords with a higher commercial intent (so you'll save yourself some money on expensive generics, and improve your conversion by driving more qualified traffic). If you want to keep the generic keywords, it's a good idea to split them off so you can more tightly focus your adgroups and get a higher QS.

Eschatonic, Mar 14, 2011 IP
  13. harsh.coreseo

harsh.coreseo Peon

Best Answers:
    Great tip will implement it soon.

I have some basic questions for you guys, i get confused about it so i need to know:

1.How do we choose between "Broad", "Phrase" or "Exact" keywords? What is the criterion?
    2.How do we use it effectively if we choose "Phrase" or "Exact" keywords?

Awaiting expert comments and suggestions, i know you guys wont disappoint me :)

Thanks

Harsh Vardhan :)

harsh.coreseo, Mar 14, 2011 IP
  14. harsh.coreseo

harsh.coreseo Peon

Best Answers:
    This is very intelligent tip. Thanks.

harsh.coreseo, Mar 14, 2011 IP
  15. Eschatonic

Eschatonic Peon

Best Answers:
    In general my advice would be to go for exact matches wherever possible. If you're interested in casting a slightly wider net in terms of the search queries you pick up, try phrase matching to relevant things. I would for the most part avoid broad matching unless you have a very comprehensive negatives list or you are using modified broad matches (+the +keywords +look +like +this) to grab the long tail of search queries. The reason for this is that broad matches are inherently less relevant to the original queries. Lower relevance means that the keyword will convert less and will cost you more (due to lower QS).

If you can call up a search query report, you should be able to take the list of queries and use the best ones as exact match keywords. That should capture most of the head of your current search volume; if you must capture the long tail then use phrase and broad (and remember your negatives!). Choosing entirely new exact matches is as much of an art as it is a science - this is where you can play around with speculative broad matches and see if they pick up any good traffic from specific queries you hadn't thought of.

There's also the keyword tool, but don't rely on it, as it's a bit crap. The best judge of relevant keywords is you because you understand your business.

Eschatonic, Mar 14, 2011 IP
  16. ingame

ingame Peon

Best Answers:
    what do you mean by "hot keywords"? Maybe you should try targeting the searchers who are already in the buying mode, i.e. who have already decided upon the particular product and are just looking for a place to buy it. Also adding the price to your ad copy helps increase conversions, but it will decrease your CTR though, so use it carefully.

ingame, Mar 15, 2011 IP
  17. xavierm

xavierm Peon

Best Answers:

thank you for the input, this is very good advice. I think I see what I've been doing wrong. I called up search queries from godaddy stats (analytics only has keywords) and some of the searches listed have absolutely nothing to do with my site.

xavierm, Mar 16, 2011 IP
  18. xavierm

xavierm Peon

Best Answers:
    i trusted my campaign to be built by a google adwords consultant (free setup promotion) but after doing some analysis the work he did was garbage.

xavierm, Mar 16, 2011 IP
  19. harsh.coreseo

harsh.coreseo Peon

Best Answers:
    This is such a brilliant advise you really have great knowledge on Adwords. Please recommend me some ebooks to go through to get in-depth understanding of all these.

I also have another question for you -

I need to know how many links must be present on a web page to support any link building campaign.

Also in this respect how many links must be inbound and/or outbound. I hope you got what i am trying to ask here.

Thanks.

harsh.coreseo, Mar 28, 2011 IP
  20. Eschatonic

Eschatonic Peon

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately I can't really recommend any ebooks as I've not read any. All this I've picked up on the job. I guess maybe I should write one some time, huh? :) I'm sure other users will be able to recommend you some good ones, though.

I think that followup question is more SEO-based, which isn't my area of expertise. Can anyone else shed some insight? It's something I'd be interested to know as well.

Eschatonic, Mar 29, 2011 IP