1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Becoming An Amazon Affiliate - Website Required?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by stingrays06, Mar 10, 2011.

So,

I just found out that in order to become an amazon affiliate you need to have a website up and running....

Which website should I plan on signing up with to become an affiliate if I am going to create multiple websites, with each website based upon a different amazon product?

Should I just browse their products and buy a domain name related to the product I decide on promoting?

Also, am I going to have to create multiple Amazon affiliate accounts if I plan on creating more than one website?

Please let me know.

Thanks.

stingrays06, Mar 10, 2011 IP
  2. andrej

andrej Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, just create a website related to an Amazon product and apply for the program.

No, you don't need to create multiple Amazon Associates accounts if you want to create more than one website.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2011
    andrej, Mar 10, 2011 IP
  3. Aleksandar Mitić

Aleksandar Mitić Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Really? You sure? :)

Basically yeah (at least it's similar to what I do), but watch out for "Trademark infringement". You can try to categorize products and then buy a domain name based on that. Use a keyword tool to find out something with considerable search volume as well. Tons of options here if you know what you are doing.

No, you will setup tracking id's for every site you plan to work with. There is a 100 unit limit. It's also recommended to report every url where you plan to promote products. If you already have content, someone will like to take a look at it. So basically, if you're in good standing with their conditions, you don't have to worry about anything. Just read the TOS first.

There you go...

No problem.

Aleksandar Mitić, Mar 10, 2011 IP
  4. henrytraffic786

henrytraffic786 Peon

Best Answers:
    are you sure

henrytraffic786, Mar 10, 2011 IP
  5. ibanezgrx1

ibanezgrx1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Whats the point and meaning of this post????

ibanezgrx1, Mar 10, 2011 IP
  6. SSC

SSC Active Member

Best Answers:
    You sure do need a website to sign up for amazon affiliate program
    I don't think you are going to need different websites for different products (you can add as many products as you like in just one website)
    If you are going to buy a website that is going to be related to the product you are planning to sell then i must say that its not a bad idea
    even if you have multiple websites you can just use one amazon affiliate for all of them

SSC, Mar 10, 2011 IP
  7. anitmardiana12

anitmardiana12 Peon

Best Answers:
    In my opinion no need to create several websites, which are important market segments should be clear

anitmardiana12, Mar 13, 2011 IP
  8. gcfmarketing

gcfmarketing Peon

Best Answers:
    Look, it really don't matter what kind of website you make...
    A general marketing company website will get you in the door as long as it looks fairly sleek and clean with good professional references from the industry.

The best way to do this if you are fresh out of the dark green pastures is to go blogger and make a marketing blog and then hit up a click bank product to throw on there. Then you go over to CJ and apply for like 300 offers, a third of them will probably approve you automatically and some more might over the next few days to few weeks.

Then you take that blog and link it to a nicer word press self hosted blog. On this you make it a bit more specific and match it up with a couple of CJ offers and then apply to a CPA network and don't forget to sprinkle the blogger and new site both with a little bit of adsense. You can take this new site as your main site and your blogger and company mini site and apply to about anywhere you want and get accepted to run most all the offers as long as you know the lingo and send good traffic you will prosper well.

In the mean time you us the unique article submitter and submit 2 articles a week on a 20 count drip for 3 months and run on article to your blogger and one to your word press blog. This will start to develop some page rank and increase your natural visits. Spend some money on some cheap traffic here and there to your word press once a month or so.

Now, you have had some time to develop some skills and figure out what sucks and what doesn't after a month or two getting your base built. Now you build another blogger blog and send FB ppc traffic to it. Small amounts until you get it figured out. Don't forget to make it a matching fan page. You can run some medium adsense and FB allowed traffic cpa offers and 1 amazon offer. You now have a few diversified sites with multiple streams of income potential.

You should now be 2 to 5 months into is depending you your learning curve and skill level. Things should have some profit and you should begin to have a good understanding of some basic SEO and PPC skills as well as understanding the advertising lingo and understand that you have to have a marketing budget to make it in internet marketing and are trying to find out what the big boys do.

Now you can step up to PPV and maybe not lose your ass...

Hope that helps...

gcfmarketing, Mar 13, 2011 IP
    ing likes this.
  9. jeffreyhuan

jeffreyhuan Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can just create a free blog on Blogger.com and post product reviews or anything that is related to Amazon products.

It's not necessary to register multiple Amazon affiliate accounts, as you are allowed to promote Amazon products on as many websites as you want with a single account.

jeffreyhuan, Mar 14, 2011 IP
  10. Seafox

Seafox Peon

Best Answers:
    Be careful when purchasing a domain name to match your product. I did that recently and got rejected by amazon because my url contained a trademarked word.

Seafox, Mar 19, 2011 IP
  11. mailman47

mailman47 Peon

Best Answers:
    my impression is that if you have more than one website, you have to register all of them on your amazon account, otherwise you don't get any referall fee from non-registered websites.
    Does you experience confirm what I am saying?

I run two websites, and have about 100 visitors per day on each of them.
    On the first one, which was registered since the beginning, I get some referral fee.
    On the second one, which was not registered until yesterday, I never got any referral fee.

mailman47, Mar 20, 2011 IP
  12. freshdevelopment

freshdevelopment Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You don't need to add all your websites to your Amazon account. I set mine up in 2001 or whenever, and only ever added that site. Since then I have promoted 100s or 1000s of sites and never added a single one.

Don't worry about it.

freshdevelopment, Mar 22, 2011 IP
  13. tudorache.alexandru08

tudorache.alexandru08 Peon

Best Answers:
    I know that you mot definitely need a website. How would you sell anything if you do not have a site?

tudorache.alexandru08, Sep 25, 2012 IP
  14. freshdevelopment

freshdevelopment Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You could use squiddoo, a tumblr blog etc. but it would give Amazon much more confidence to approve you if you have an actual website

freshdevelopment, Sep 25, 2012 IP
  15. andlosek

andlosek Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    To become an affiliate of Amazon you need to have a website or blog. The subject or content is no matter at all. It,s not mandatory that your site should be full of content or post.Just a running site is enough.
    If you have no capability to run a site or blog in Premium domain and hosting then you can open a blog in free blogging platform like WordPress or Blogger.Then post as your mind. You can also write Amazon product review.

andlosek, Sep 28, 2012 IP
  16. esaverin550

esaverin550 Peon

Best Answers:
    What is the benefit premium domain and free domain. I mean any special benefit?

esaverin550, Sep 29, 2012 IP
  17. point2

point2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    In applying, i dont think so.. I used pinterest account to apply then i created my site..

point2, Oct 5, 2012 IP
  18. daintyg21

daintyg21 Peon

Best Answers:
    becoming an amazon affiliate was rather easy,all i used was a blogspot blog with some content

daintyg21, Oct 9, 2012 IP
  19. prasanth5

prasanth5 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Instead of having a blogspot blog you would do well to have your own domain and start selling Amazon products. Having your own website is always better than depending on a free website or any other free open source.

prasanth5, Oct 10, 2012 IP
  20. Charlz.Witts

Charlz.Witts Peon

Best Answers:
    I just had a same idea, I do have a blog on blogspot and I wish to become affiliate for amazon, could you tell me what did you do step by step?

Charlz.Witts, Oct 13, 2012 IP