1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Copied content or Unique content?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by albertwesker, Mar 13, 2011.

i see some blogs have copied content from ezine/article directory..but they still gain a good PR.. and they sell their links.. they did not care about their content of their blog.. they just copy paste article from the internet and put on their blog as many as they can.. all they care is about PR.. beside they also put adsense even though their content just copied from others..

how come google still give PR on those blog? how google differentiate between copied content blog and unique content blog?

i see some blog with good aged domain and full of unique content but have the same PageRank with blog that have full of copied content that is still new..

many people i see do not care about their content of their blog.. they just care about making a good link building campaign and gain PR and after that they sell their links and make money from it..

albertwesker, Mar 13, 2011 IP
  2. carleisenstein

carleisenstein Peon

Best Answers:
    I think the important formula here is:

Google Toolbar Page Rank does not equal a site's traffic or value.

Just because a site has a good Page Rank doesn't mean it ranks well in Google for any particular terms, or that it receives lots of traffic. The days when Page Rank actually meant anything has long gone. Far more important now is content, freshness, theme.

I expect that unless these guys are doing something clever with their inbound links they're probably getting very little quality traffic and I imagine their ad sense ad units are fairly worthless. But people will still get excited any buy links or buy domains from these people because the myth of toolbar Page Rank still perpetuates.

carleisenstein, Mar 13, 2011 IP
  3. sebasago

sebasago Peon

Best Answers:
    Great response. Pretty much covered it all.

sebasago, Mar 13, 2011 IP
  4. paulinewilliam

paulinewilliam Peon

Best Answers:
    have you hear "content is the king" ? yes, that guy will get traffic and money for a while.. but if soon or later Google will know about this, then they will put the site into spammer list.. it is mean the site will gone forever from search engine.
    I know because I have do such a thing like this before few years ago..

paulinewilliam, Mar 13, 2011 IP
  5. raptormarketing

raptormarketing Member

Best Answers:
    @ albertwesker
    PR is one of the factor in determining content quality. Nowadays, one can manually gain page rank using methods such as link exchange, Guest posting, Article submission, Social bookmarking etc. Links play the major contribution in a webpage Page rank, but as people can build links manually so whats the use of page rank. I think Googlers are very much aware about it and some day Google would make a major in their PR technique like this . Hence, I don't pay much attention on link building now, i just do research and write content that people search. Let the people find you, don't push your websites by building links on crappy content. As per my experince, Pagerank have nothing to do with earning.

No one knows except Googlers. But, yeah owner of blogs with copied content would know someday when Google Punish them by taking actions such removing webpages from search engine or kick them out of the Adsense Program.

raptormarketing, Mar 13, 2011 IP
  6. ForgottenCreature

ForgottenCreature Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Copied content usually gets shut down by the real webmasters.

But, unique content is the way to go. Do you expect to make money from other's people work?

And PR does not equal anything.

ForgottenCreature, Mar 13, 2011 IP
  7. krishnaegurus

krishnaegurus Peon

Best Answers:
    I guess this happens because sometimes google's crawlers are not smart enough in recognizing about them. However at some point of time if google watched them they may be punished. Read about J.C.Penny incident to understand more on this

krishnaegurus, Mar 14, 2011 IP
  8. jayrudalf

jayrudalf Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes he is right.

but you must use unique articles.

jayrudalf, Mar 14, 2011 IP
  9. ForgottenCreature

ForgottenCreature Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Ya, that's called buying links in order to climb to the top, which is wrong and against google SEO terms.

ForgottenCreature, Mar 14, 2011 IP
  10. cool.guy

cool.guy Peon

Best Answers:
    Copied Content and PageRank seems to be confusing. Its not actually possible that a copied website gets good PR. Even if it gets, the traffic would not be much as copied content wont let it rank higher in search engines.

cool.guy, Mar 14, 2011 IP
  11. susan_ham

susan_ham Peon

Best Answers:
    No doubt search engines would like unique content more than copied one. Thus, unique content should be considered more if we want high rank.

susan_ham, Mar 14, 2011 IP
  12. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:
    post up an example. I'd be surprised to see a site ranking for anything worthwhile nowadays using nothing but duplicate content.

contentboss, Mar 14, 2011 IP
  13. egiftcards4u

egiftcards4u Peon

Best Answers:
    it is better that you will go for unique content, you can spinn in a bit and maybe rewrite it but to be on the safe side go only for original content

egiftcards4u, Mar 14, 2011 IP
  14. windy

windy Active Member

Best Answers:
    unique content is better

windy, Mar 16, 2011 IP
  15. derrickschwan

derrickschwan Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't prefer copied content or else your site will get into the sandbox.

derrickschwan, Mar 16, 2011 IP
  16. LinkGenie

LinkGenie Active Member

Best Answers:
    High PR does not mean high search engine ranking. You need to have unique contents if you are looking for long term ranking.

LinkGenie, Mar 18, 2011 IP
  17. cr0n1cal

cr0n1cal Active Member

Best Answers:
    definitely unique content!

cr0n1cal, Mar 18, 2011 IP
  18. momo88

momo88 Member

Best Answers:
    You are right but also Content is the king ... I always hear it . This is confusing !!
    However, what is said by krishnaegurus :
    "I guess this happens because sometimes google's crawlers are not smart enough in recognizing about them. However at some point of time if google watched them they may be punished. Read about J.C.Penny incident to understand more on this"
    May be the the nearest explanation to this issue . You should be on the safe side anyway and target original and unique content for the best results. Don't waste your time doing SEO for some copied articles otherwise you may be risking your effort and time .

momo88, Mar 18, 2011 IP
  19. eddiecon

eddiecon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    pagerank has nothing to do with content uniqueness. pagerank is about backlinks.

eddiecon, Mar 18, 2011 IP
  20. momo88

momo88 Member

Best Answers:
    And why you build backlinks ? Isn't it for driving traffic and rank higher ?

momo88, Mar 18, 2011 IP