1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

how to promote my blog

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by baxter2, Feb 27, 2011.

1. janiepetter

janiepetter Peon

Best Answers:
    You can promote your blog on forums or you can promote your blog by commenting on other's blog also

janiepetter, Mar 3, 2011 IP
  2. WorksForWeb

WorksForWeb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Write interesting articles on your blog. If you have useful content, other internet resources will place links to this content and your blog will be promoted automatically.

WorksForWeb, Mar 4, 2011 IP
  3. Leadership Quality

Leadership Quality Peon

Best Answers:
    here are a few things you can do at the start to build up blog traffic.

1. Add the blog to blog search engines.
    2. Write comments on other people's blogs.
    3. Post on forums.
    4. Write to other bloggers suggesting a link trade.

Leadership Quality, Mar 4, 2011 IP
  4. Jay1522

Jay1522 Peon

Best Answers:
    This is really good advice. Im doing that with my blog and its working great. I just need to come up with a way to get more comments o my site and then I will be good.

Jay1522, Mar 13, 2011 IP
  5. vikas gupta

vikas gupta Peon

Best Answers:
    First Road that I took toward promoting my blog was Social Media. Ofcourse I had content on the site, but that is the default. I went on many different social media services, some I stayed on and some I didn’t. These social media services includes Digg, Stumbleupon, Twitter, Plurk, Entrecard, Mybloglog, and more which I won’t mention otherwise this post will get too long

vikas gupta, Mar 13, 2011 IP
  6. billy84

billy84 Peon

Best Answers:
    1.- SEO
    2.- Social communities
    3.- Good content
    4.- backlinks
    5.- buy a domain

billy84, Mar 14, 2011 IP
  7. Amitoops

Amitoops Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well you can take help of forum poster because they have lots of experience of website and the place where you can easily get the traffic.

Amitoops, Mar 14, 2011 IP
  8. ssamblog

ssamblog Peon

Best Answers:
    Here are the best ways to promote a blog:
    1. Be active on social media. That doesn't mean you have to be everywhere all at once, though. Choose a couple social networking sites like Twitter and Facebook and get involved with the communities there and post links to your articles.
    2. Guest posting. This is huge. Find blogs that aim at your same niche and see if they accept blog posts.
    3. Have great content. Content is king. If you have great content that people like, they will share it with other people. Also, if you do great marketing, but then people come to your site and they don't like your content, they'll just leave anyway. Your content is your best marketing.
    4. Create free resources, like ebooks. This is a big draw.

ssamblog, Mar 14, 2011 IP
  9. videoinfuse

videoinfuse Peon

Best Answers:
    always transfer a article that you have written to video in a slide show

videoinfuse, Mar 14, 2011 IP
  10. Noah Benjamin Rainey

Noah Benjamin Rainey Peon

Best Answers:
    There are hundreds of ways to advertise and drive traffic to a blog. One way is guest posting on other blogs that are topical to your niche. Another way is submitting your blog posts/homepage to social bookmarking websites. Forums are also another extremely powerful way to drive traffic to your website. Again, make sure the forums you post on are topical to your blog.

Noah Benjamin Rainey, Mar 14, 2011 IP
  11. FlyingWings

FlyingWings Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Add the backlinks for your website and then promote your website of the blog to your friend and your relatives who juts click into your website and your website would be better Page Rank with such action, try it

FlyingWings, Mar 14, 2011 IP
  12. Hagen

Hagen Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, probably one of the best ways you can promote it for free is to find popular blogs in your niche and offer to write some guest articles for them, and give them exclusive rights to the articles (so that the content will be unique to them), in exchange for putting a link to your website at the end of the blog post. Basically the same as doing article marketing, except that your article will be going to a blog instead of an article directory.

Hagen, Mar 14, 2011 IP
  13. generalu

generalu Peon

Best Answers:
    I've followed this website for awhile: bloggernoob.com (can't link, because of Peon status) - but lots of great info. I've learned a lot from his mistakes. Great resource!

generalu, Mar 14, 2011 IP
  14. ForgottenCreature

ForgottenCreature Notable Member

Best Answers:
    A great way to spread your blog is to guest write for other people, and post excerpts of your blog post on forums.

ForgottenCreature, Mar 14, 2011 IP
  15. krishnaegurus

krishnaegurus Peon

Best Answers:
    i don't think you need to go with advertising here. Just try to do other activities like blog commenting, participate in forums actively, submit your feeds to feed directories, write articles and get links, etc. You can think of advertisement at later stages

krishnaegurus, Mar 14, 2011 IP
  16. Ramshanked

Ramshanked Peon

Best Answers:
    Start writing quality articles and update your blog REGULARLY. There is nothing worse than to stop adding to your blog and expecting it to keep going on it's own. In regards to your question promoting your blog can come in many different forms; you could use social media, social bookmarking, buy ads on popular blogs, comment in popular DOFOLLOW blog sites, get your SEO up to scratch. Basically there are many ways you can promote your website/blog, it all depends on your niche, your audience and your budget.

Consider making a short video, adding it to youtube along with with your promotions on facebook or twitter and add seo to the videos to gain a little more publicity, done correctly you could do pretty well.

Just my thoughts though.

Ramshanked, Mar 15, 2011 IP
  17. alamest

alamest Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Keep on adding content and bookmarking, submit your rss feed. And the blog should be your own personal blog. Brand yourself and it will be very easy to promote..

Keep on adding valuable content every single day your will notice you will be getting free traffic...

alamest, Mar 15, 2011 IP
  18. pradiprg

pradiprg Active Member

Best Answers:
    Become member of many forums and add your blog link in the the signature. also go on commenting on various blogs.

pradiprg, Mar 15, 2011 IP
  19. aghamurtuza

aghamurtuza Peon

Best Answers:
    Start writing quality articles and update your blog REGULARLY. There is nothing worse than to stop adding to your blog and expecting it to keep going on it's own. In regards to your question promoting your blog can come in many different forms; you could use social media, social bookmarking, buy ads on popular blogs, comment in popular DOFOLLOW blog sites, get your SEO up to scratch. Basically there are many ways you can promote your website/blog, it all depends on your niche, your audience and your budget.

Consider making a short video, adding it to youtube along with with your promotions on facebook or twitter and add seo to the videos to gain a little more publicity, done correctly you could do pretty well.

Just my thoughts though.

aghamurtuza, Mar 16, 2011 IP
  20. CraigsPVA

CraigsPVA Peon

Best Answers:
    Write quality content that will be really helpful to those searching for how-tos, etc... The more information you give out, the more people will go to your blog.

CraigsPVA, Mar 16, 2011 IP