1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Transferring files from one website to another website's FTP

Discussion in 'Programming' started by Skribblez, Oct 14, 2006.

Hi,

Say I have a .zip file that is around 249 mb in size and it's hosted on my FTP.

I now want to transfer this .zip file from my FTP to another persons FTP (into their public_html directory) using their FTP details. Is there any script out there that I can use to input the FTP details and the file I want to transfer and it'll automatically do the transfer for me, so I don't have to sit here all day waiting for it to upload through FTP myself?

I would greatly appreciate your help on this.

Skribblez, Oct 14, 2006 IP
  2. Colbyt

Colbyt Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Just give your friend access to your ftp account and let him do the work. You can put it in a different directory and only give him ftp rights to that directory if you like.

I think he can transfer it from yours to his via ssh. I don't mess with that much but my son lets me watch if I am quite. :)

Colbyt, Oct 14, 2006 IP
  3. Kevin82

Kevin82 Guest

Best Answers:
    u can do this via fxp. search for flash fxp on google. that is the main fxp program, im sure there are others out there

it is ftp to ftp transfers

Kevin82, Oct 17, 2006 IP
    Skribblez likes this.
  4. ccoonen

ccoonen Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, SmartFTP also does FXP Transfers (server-to-server) so it should be lickidy split quick. Otherwise, smartftp also has a Queue system so you can just let the queue run and it will enforce that it's finished :)

ccoonen, Oct 17, 2006 IP
    Skribblez likes this.
  5. Skribblez

Skribblez Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks guys. Exactly what I was looking for.

I appreciate your help. :)

Skribblez, Oct 17, 2006 IP