1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can I use Adword to Promote Clickbank product ?

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by passionplux, Mar 9, 2011.

Hi all,

Someone just told that Google don't allow people to
    use adword to send traffic to clickbank product sites.

How true is this, can someone who has some experience
    true more light on this please?

Thanks

PS: I am a newbie just trying to figure on what works and
    what don't

passionplux, Mar 9, 2011 IP
  2. Billy_Bowden

Billy_Bowden Peon

Best Answers:
    As per my experience if you are creating complete landing page for click bank then its possible but you can not promote affiliate link through adwords. :)

Billy_Bowden, Mar 10, 2011 IP
  3. jacwee

jacwee Peon

Best Answers:
    Most of the clickbank and CPA programs would not be able to make it. You are more likely to get your account banned if you do direct linking or create landing pages. For example, you won't see any affiliate sites for popular clickbank products like "truth about abs" or "fat loss 4 idiots" on adwords. Read the adwords TOS carefully before your run your adwords campaigns.

jacwee, Mar 10, 2011 IP
  4. Lucid Web Marketing

Lucid Web Marketing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You CAN use Adwords and send clicks directly to a CB product page. That landing page however has to adhere to all rules. Many of the ones I've seen don't, so be careful. The main issue is the misleading and inaccurate claim rule. Pretty much all weight loss products and make money sites are guilty of this.

Even a seemingly harmless looking site like Xbox repair guide breaks the inaccurate claim rule. I'm not connected with that site and chose it randomly for demonstration. But Google may object to the fix your Xbox even if "You know NOTHING about electronics" line and a few others such as it taking 2 hours or less. That's pretty much two things that you cannot guarantee and your ads may be suspended because of that. As most CB product pages I've seen follow this formula, they wouldn't pass.

Lucid Web Marketing, Mar 10, 2011 IP
  5. markgmktg

markgmktg Peon

Best Answers:
    Of course you can promote Clickbank products through Adwords traffic. Who said you couldn't?
    Just make sure the product you're promoting is ok with Google's rules (ie you can't promote get rich quick products, miracle cure programs and all that stuff).

markgmktg, Mar 10, 2011 IP
  6. zerox

zerox Peon

Best Answers:
    It is ok but should avoid direct linking.

zerox, Mar 10, 2011 IP
  7. Killrazed

Killrazed Peon

Best Answers:
    From the Adwords site:

The url policy only states that the display url must accurately reflect the url of the site, also that if multiple users are advertising the same site google will not show more than one ad for that site at a time, so your ads performance may vary.

So long story short - yes you can use google to advertise affiliate networks such as clickbank, using a direct referral link.

Google says so themselves.

Killrazed, Mar 10, 2011 IP
  8. jacwee

jacwee Peon

Best Answers:
    @passionplux: With so many well-meaning individuals offering you conflicting advice, you are probably at a loss who to believe, lol! In my opinion, you should pay attention to what "Lucid Web Marketing" has posted.

The best is to believe yourself :) Before deciding any CB offer, just check a few of the main keywords including the brand names in Google search results and see if there are any adwords advertisers direct linking or putting up affiliate review sites. If there is none, stay out!

jacwee, Mar 12, 2011 IP
  9. leesclub

leesclub Peon

Best Answers:
    I had the owner of a weigh lost program tell us exactly how to set up an adword campaign. My ad was disapproved and I was sent all these threatening emails from Google. I wrote to the owner and he replied , oh yea we are having a little trouble with Google at the moment. I was like thanks for letting me know after my ad was disapproved with the warning next disapproval results in permanent suspension. I was furious with both the owner and Google. I read and reread Google's TOS and I cannot tell you what ad I put up will be accepted or rejected especially if it is a CB product.

leesclub, Mar 12, 2011 IP
  10. gcfmarketing

gcfmarketing Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, most of the time no, they do not, as long as you are doing direct linking. THey are all about the end user and their experience.

You are going to have to use a pretty nice silo or landing page to keep the end user experience up or they will ban your account. And they are getting quite good at banning people.

gcfmarketing, Mar 12, 2011 IP
  11. Lucid Web Marketing

Lucid Web Marketing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You should be more furious at the owner. What do they care and more important, know, about Adwords? You should also be mad at yourself for believing him and not do your due diligence and research it before starting a campaign.

Lucid Web Marketing, Mar 12, 2011 IP
  12. natorob

natorob Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    When using Adwords, you should always send them to a pre-sell landing page anyways.

That way, you can also meet Adwords terms with a Privacy Poliy, TOS, and Contact page as well...

natorob, Mar 12, 2011 IP