1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Rules 150 days of frustation. Honestly cant do business if mods ignore me for so long...

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by psharma, Mar 10, 2011.

I sell Adwords / facebook codes for last 7-8 months on DP now. and with the quality of my support and customer satisfaction I am now a known name in selling adwords and facebook advertising codes.

nearly 153 days back I created a unified thread to sell all kinds of vouchers in a single thread. But it is a kind of product whose details can change completely within a couple of days, including prices, worth, expiry, working countries, requirements and terms, everything can change. and hence I needed to make some changed in few days.

using the thread report tool I requested changes in my thread and when I didnt get response in few days, I requested again.

waited waited and waited

while price in the market changed completely my prices looked obsolete. no customers read details in further posts, everyone read and relies only on details given in the opening post. which were now looking too expensive compared to current market prices.

I started looking sales.

When I didnt get any response from Mods. frustrated I open a new thread, and as expected I got penalized for it. It was merged to the old thread again and problem retained.

One more problem that raised was that my new thread was about facebook vouchers too which was merged too adwords only thread which means... I cant sell facebook vouchers now, neither in this thread, nor in a new thread.

So I started trying to contact mods to update it again. I personally requested some mods. but no action no response. I used the report thread too again and again on regular intervals. and now I am used to getting no response on my requests.

Do anyone, including mods and admin have any solution for this ? I talked to admin about this issue 6 months back but after a long conversation of 20 PMs he kept on repeating just 1 thing. that I am not allowed to open duplicate threads.

Summary:

• I am maintaining single thread for selling all kinds of vouchers for last 150+ days while no other (absolutely no other) seller is stick to single thread for this purpose.
    • My new thread was made to sell facebook vouchers too which when merged to old thread, now stops me from opening a thread for facebook vouchers.
    • I cant edit the thread cant update the prices and cant update the details which are very much time sensitive. Mods dont help me too (they didnt helped me in 5 months) No reason, No response.
    • I am not even allowed to open a new thread in which I can update the details myself with the help of self hosted images.
    • Other sellers open a new thread without any problem whenever they want to sell. They only mark it as $105 or $103 instead of $100 and a new legit thread is ready !! I cant even do that !!
    And please dont pad this thread telling me the rules of DP. Increase your post count anywhere else. I have by far had good knowledge of DP rules.

psharma, Mar 10, 2011 IP
    Ausdrez likes this.
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Someday we should have the ability to relist/edit listings, but right now we simply don't.

The reality is that this is primarily a discussion forum, and the ability for people to buy/sell stuff is secondary to it's primary purpose (in fact Buy/Sell/Trade was started *solely* to get threads about products/services for sale out of the normal areas so people didn't need to be bothered with them).

Since this is a discussion forum primarily, new features/functionality for the discussion portion of the site always has a higher priority over secondary functions. Relisting will be available someday, but since B/S/T is just a secondary function of this site, it's not high up on the priority list.

I'm curious if you have tried selling stuff on a site that is primarily for selling stuff? And if so, what didn't you like about it exactly (serious question)? Think of it in reverse... someone uses eBay to have discussions in and wants new functionality to make discussions better on eBay. Sure, eBay might add better discussion functionality, but that is going to be secondary to the primary purpose of the site (selling stuff).

As far as other people breaking our rules, simply use the "Report Post" function for those threads.

digitalpoint, Mar 10, 2011 IP
  3. psharma

psharma Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    1. I am very hopeful that even if it is your second priority (you told me that 6 months back too, I can remember) you dont take another year to add that feature. You have made Domains and Sites subforum better, So I hope that for other BST sections too.

4. Look at the forum stats once again. it is now no more what it was before there was the BST section. DP's marketplace is what separates DP from other discussion forums (including those which have marketplaces too) its marketplace is what makes it number 1. see the number of threads and posts in each subforum. see number of people online in each subforum. Most people make posts in other sections just to be eligible for BST. most people buy premium just for BST. Being the founder you have right to decide what this forum should be meant for. but being the memebers millions of us has voted for BST already.

3. Yes I tried ebay, I can compare it with DP so here are main differences.
    Pros of DP
    I have control over whom I decide to sell and whom I deny. They cant send me payment unless I want to sell to them. I prefer to ask a lot of questions from buyers too to avoid any problems later.
    I have control over payment method. to non reputed buyers I force safe payment like moneybookers, and Paypal masspay.
    Cons of DP.
    I get -ve feedback once in life on ebay. I helped the buyer and he was convinced that it was his fault. He changed the feedback. I get -ve once on DP too. I talked to buyer and he was convinced too, but he couldnt change the feedback, So I have to live with 1 -ve itrader which was left by a happy customer. Staff didnt helped in the issue even in 24 hours of incedent.
    Even when you will implement new feedback system, Instant payment is not what I can live with, moreover I accept MB, PP, AP, bank, Masspay etc. which cant be counted. moreover only 1 instant payment can be accepted per thread and the thread will be closed.
    Staff do not understand special cases at all. they simply dont reply if they dont want to do anything.
    I cant open new thread, I can live with it, but others can do it. it is something very dangerous for my business.

4. They do not break rules every time. most people are new and they violate 'freebies' rule. other people start a new thread by new name. Understand this situation. They create new thread for $100, $105, $110 etc something new everytime. but since I have stated all of them in my thread I cant do the same..

@Shawn: You are the admin, and with current status of forum there are still 2 solutions for my problem. Please consider this. I have requested this to you and mods so many times. you must understand my frustration. it is about a premium member with good feedbacks, good itrader, good reputation who want to sell honestly in competition against a lots of people who think selling vouchers is easy money because they can catch customers every time they want with new threads. So please consider.

Solution 1: Allow me to edit ( means do it for me or ask a staff to do it for me) my thread one last time. In this edit I will keep all the prices and info in images which I can change on my wish. I made 1 such post earlier which is here it must be overwritten to the opening post here
    . I wont need to ask mods for edit again. It is important because they don't edit it even after 5 months of request.

Solution 2: Edit the title of the thread and edit away the other voucher values from the description. Just keep it for 1 value of voucher. and I will start working just like other sellers. New thread for other values of vouchers. If you allow them according to rules, trying to stick to the rules as much as I can must not be such a sin for me.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2011
    psharma, Mar 10, 2011 IP
  4. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Well to be honest, we would be more inclined to simply disallow voucher sales. The company who you are selling vouchers to don't allow them to be sold to begin with...
    Ultimately it's an issue between you and Google/Facebook, but making it easier for people to cheat Google/Facebook, etc. isn't really something we are going to go out of our way to do.

But definitely not going to put other new stuff on the back burner just so people can sell something they aren't technically allowed to sell to begin with...

digitalpoint, Mar 10, 2011 IP
    psharma likes this.
  5. psharma

psharma Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I will support you. Do it right now. And I will be happy with increased number of sales.

PS: and give infractions for all existing posts too.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2011
    psharma, Mar 10, 2011 IP
  6. Aquarezz

Aquarezz Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If you see a thread that breaks the DigitalPoint rules, report it and the moderators will take care of it ;)

(I understand your frustration btw, but it's something we will have to live with for now)

Aquarezz, Mar 11, 2011 IP
  7. psharma

psharma Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I think you didnt understand it completely. And the problem is I am the only person who is suffering the rules ( even while there is a solution but no one is trying to help) while other sellers are enjoying.

psharma, Mar 11, 2011 IP
  8. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You told you that? There have been 1.2M posts deleted here and over 300,000 infractions given. Did you receive them all?

digitalpoint, Mar 12, 2011 IP
  9. psharma

psharma Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    In the concern of this thread I clearly dont mean that I am the only sufferer on the forum. What I meant is that in my niche other sellers are not suffering what I am being, and only I am being.

psharma, Mar 12, 2011 IP
  10. pro.seods

pro.seods Peon

Best Answers:
    My advice would be to leave this forum, it sucks. Visit Wicked fire, BHW and warrior forum. These are far better when it comes to discussion, selling and talking to professionals not noobs.

pro.seods, Mar 12, 2011 IP
  11. fastreplies

fastreplies Banned

Best Answers:
    So, you do acknowledge that re-listing/editing listings is vital function and yet you're continue
    to punish people because you're incapable to accommodate them with tools they are needing.

Tell me, are you trying to save on Office supplies like paper, ink etc. and that is why you want
    people to compile all their posts in the same thread?

Post is a post is a post regardless where it's posted in single or separate thread thus it doesn't
    change the amount of space on HD or in database but it sure benefits and accommodates people
    who writes and reads them.

Wrong, you don't have discussion forum or what it used to be for a while now.
    Stop flattering yourself because what you have now is a bazaar (lousy one) where people are coming
    to sell and to buy “products”.

If one day you decide you cancel B/S/T then, and I promise you, next morning you will find yourself
    very lonely man because 99% of your forum members will give you middle finger and leave you to play with it.

Just remember that not everybody in this forum has been using B/S/T and that some of us are coming here
    for discussions and I wish you think about that next time you come up with some idiotic rule to push us around.

:)

fastreplies

fastreplies, Mar 12, 2011 IP
    psharma likes this.
  12. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
  13. fastreplies

fastreplies Banned

Best Answers:
    That's because they have to run post count before they can start selling.
    Disregard 25 spam posts users have to make somewhere else and here you have it.

As for example 4 of 5 threads and 20 posts on average they generate in Directory Forum
    should be deleted because they are nothing but post counts and if you add
    Google, SEO etc. Forums and start deleting spam, you will be left with nothing but B/S/T

fastreplies

14. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    So they run up their post count, and then decide they didn't want to post in B/S/T to begin with when they can? 90% of all users have never done anything in B/S/T (even after their initial 25 posts).

And we do delete a ton of worthless posts and spam (I believe there are ~1.3M deleted posts to date). As an example, threads in Directories in the last month... 15% of all threads were flat out deleted. 46% of the threads have at least some posts deleted from within the thread itself.

If you think Buy/Sell/Trade is the most popular area, you definitely have not looked around. :)

AdSense forum: http://forums.digitalpoint.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27

Probably such high traffic because it outranks Google's official AdSense forum for "adsense forum".

But as I said previously, the tools have more use than every area of the forum combined (this forum was started primarily as a support venue for users of the tools).

http://tools.digitalpoint.com/tracker.php
    http://tools.digitalpoint.com/geovisitors.php
    http://tools.digitalpoint.com/phonehome.php

...and from the looks of it, Digital Point Ads will have more traffic than all the tools combined before too long...

http://advertising.digitalpoint.com/

If you really think this site is about selling vouchers (or even B/S/T), you should open your eyes, because you are missing out on a lot. ;)

15. fastreplies

fastreplies Banned

Best Answers:
    You said “discussion” forum and the only discussion I see in Adsense is about
    how much I made, how I made, how to make money, how can I make money etc…
    and that in my book is buy and sell and not discussion forum.

Everybody one time or another placed something for sale and the only difference
    some are coming here because of selling opportunities exclusively, others doing that part time.
    I can bet every user have had offer or ask for some service or sold or bought something at least once.

My point is...
    well, just go back 6 years and you'll see what it use to be when it was discussion forum.

fastreplies

16. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I'm sure they have, just not on this site. Again... only 10% of all users here have bought or sold (or even tried to) on this site.

Even I have never once tried to buy or sell something on this site, and I'm the most active member.

Back to good old days where it was years before you registered here? :) How do you remember what it was like 6 years ago when you weren't a member?

17. fastreplies

fastreplies Banned

Best Answers:
    I guess the only way we can find who is right if you shut down buy and sell activities.

Well, I been around Internet for 20 years now and the fact that I start posting here in 2007
    doesn't mean I never came around to follow old good time discussions to learn thing or two.

fastreplies

18. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Who cares who's right? Really don't see the point in shutting down any part of any site just to see what happens. The site can see exactly what's going on without needing to shut it down via analytics and reports. Like I know 10% use B/S/T, because that's how many users have made any sort of post in the area OR gave or received an iTrader. Yes, it's a lot of users (about 45,000), but a small percentage of overall users. Even if those 45,000 used no part of the site except B/S/T, no point in shutting them out of what they use for no reason. {shrug}

Every user is different... some users use this site for nothing but discussing politics and religion, and they think that area is the most important part of the site. All personal preference. All I can base anything on is usage statistics and new features/development is generally prioritized based on how many users it would help/affect vs. how much resources is required to do it.

The point is being able to relist auctions is something that will be able to be done someday... but it's a lot of development resources to get it to work right and doesn't affect a high percentage of people, so it's not at the top of the priority list.

19. psharma

psharma Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    How do you know that those 90% people never buy and sell ? many of my customers buy via PM and buy repetitively, but never post in my thread and never leave an itrader.

Its initiated by me and I am your first supporter if you block sale of adwords/yahoo/facebook/myspace vouchers from this forum. I will be your fan if you take this step. What is unfair is that you and mods dont want to help me within the rules when I am facing a problem, while this product is allowed to sell and others are selling it easily.

and please dont deny helping me by saying that I am selling disallowed product. Because according to forum rules it is still allowed.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2011
    psharma, Mar 12, 2011 IP
  20. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I didn't say it was disallowed here, I just said building functionality so you can more easily sell something that is grey area to begin with isn't really a top priority, that's all.