1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is there any value of nofollow backlinks?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by HyipData, Mar 10, 2011.

Hi!

I am wondering if there is any value of nofollow backlinks? Can they boost your website rankings or they have absolutely no effect?

Please explain.

HyipData, Mar 10, 2011 IP
  2. Aquarezz

Aquarezz Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Most linkbuilders include nofollow links when linkbuilding, to make backlink building more natural to search engines. So yes, they have a certain value.

Aquarezz, Mar 10, 2011 IP
  3. susan_ham

susan_ham Peon

Best Answers:
    Of course nofollow backlink has its own value, although it's not as useful as dofollow backlink, I think nofollow backlink is necessary for your site.

susan_ham, Mar 10, 2011 IP
  4. NLZ13

NLZ13 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The traffic it provides, if it is a nofollow link it won't help your pagerank. But imagine it gives you 1000 visits every day :D

NLZ13, Mar 10, 2011 IP
  5. HyipData

HyipData Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    that is good, but usually such backlink costs money =)

So there is a certain value? If yes, than how great? For example if I get 4-5 PR3 nofollow backlinks, will I see any improvement? Please keep in mind that the process of getting nofollow backlink is a difficult as getting dofollow one.

6. NLZ13

NLZ13 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think it realy has 0 quality, only traffic

NLZ13, Mar 10, 2011 IP
  7. HyipData

HyipData Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    ok, clear

Actually I asked because I found out on backlink-tracker.net using SeoQuake tha some backlinks to my website are nofollow, and Iwas surprised that this website found them. That is why I asked.

8. coolmalliga

coolmalliga Peon

Best Answers:
    It only increase your traffic nothing other than that.

coolmalliga, Mar 10, 2011 IP
  9. Aquarezz

Aquarezz Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It's not because Google doesn't follow these links that other search spiders don't use them :)

Aquarezz, Mar 11, 2011 IP
  10. brad12

brad12 Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually nofollow links are don't have any value but search engine will see your nofollow links also. Your website have some nofollow links then google does not consider it is spam. But if only do follow link are available of your site there will be definitely bit a Doubt .

brad12, Mar 11, 2011 IP
  11. natorob

natorob Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There's been a big debate on this; and when I use the SEO for Firefox plug-in, I see a lot of links to some of the highest ranked websites that are no follow.

So I think no follow links are still valuable; and Google wants to see a natural flow of both follow and no follow links as well.

I use them; can't hurt.

natorob, Mar 11, 2011 IP
  12. cazort

cazort Peon

Best Answers:
    I think that most people honestly do not know whether or not nofollow links influence search rankings. The official google policy states that they do not, but it could be that this statement is simply a "public face" in order to discourage spammers. Given that some nofollow links actually reflect the authority of a page, I think it would be highly counterproductive if google did not count them at all. If you search around, you'll also find some SEO enthusiasts who have systematically tested the influence and effect of various links, and some of them claim to have hard evidence that nofollow links have resulted in concrete benefits to their search rankings.

My opinion? Honestly, I don't know.

One thing is for certain though: nofollow links can and do drive traffic--significant traffic. Some of my sites receive very substantial portions of traffic from nofollow links--including links from twitter, facebook, various aspects of the Yahoo site, links in user profiles of various interactive websites, and nofollow article directories like ArticlesBase, to name a few.

I think the best approach to nofollow links is to not think about them very much. In general, the best links are those that drive traffic. If you focus on building links that drive traffic, you can't go wrong -- even if your site isn't gaining any search visibility from the links, at least you're getting traffic, and traffic will indirectly boost your search rankings in the long-run anyway, since the more people discover your site, the more they will write about it and link to it and share it on sites that have dofollow links.

Hope this answers your question! =)

cazort, Mar 11, 2011 IP
    Aquarezz likes this.
  13. iamolm

iamolm Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually, nofollow backlinks having their own value. especially, If you gather large number of nofollow backlinks it will surely benefit to your website. Still nofollow backlinks can improve your SERP ranking in Search Engine for sure. And also with the nofollow backlinks you would get refferal traffic to your website.

Cheers

iamolm, Mar 11, 2011 IP
  14. suichiro

suichiro Peon

Best Answers:
    For the purpose of increasing a site, no-follow links are actually no value. But for some other purposes such as generating more traffic, there are some no follow links that are really valuable.

suichiro, Mar 11, 2011 IP
  15. zitoitala

zitoitala Peon

Best Answers:
    Spot on. The truth is that nofollow links have had an appearance in quite a few of the reports that Google publishes via webmaster tools on some of our sites. The key thing here is that Google wants to see links that closely resemble a human powered links profile i.e all sorts so therefore nofollow would have a contribution. The only people who obsess about dofollow or nofollow links are either spammers or those who need to get out more :)

zitoitala, Mar 12, 2011 IP
  16. HyipData

HyipData Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Traffic is a good bonus but acually I use backlinks just to improve SERPs and as far as I understood it's a poor strategy. The number of sources where I can put backlinks is very limited in my niche, so I believe the story about traffic is not about my case.

What about building nofollow backlinks just to dilute the dofollow ones, I don't think that this matter is worth the effect, as it's quite hard to get any backlinks, s I think it's a waste of time.

Thanks everyone for the opinion.

HyipData, Mar 13, 2011 IP
  17. vinith98

vinith98 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You have to realize that is concept of nofollow/dofollow is applicable only to google search. Other search engines like Yahoo, Bing do not differentiate between nofollow and dofollow links, hence a nofollow link is not completely useless.

vinith98, Mar 13, 2011 IP
  18. mmm555

mmm555 Member

Best Answers:
    It helps at least in the sense that they can drive traffic to your site... just always be sure to make relevant, on topic, high quality comments.. it will help you build credibility.. You might get linked to naturally by others seeing your site and liking it...

From what I know, it won't do a whole lot for SEO for you, directly, at least.

mmm555, Mar 13, 2011 IP
  19. ForgottenCreature

ForgottenCreature Notable Member

Best Answers:
    A link is a link. :)
    It's all free exposure and free links.

ForgottenCreature, Mar 13, 2011 IP
  20. uptraffic

uptraffic Peon

Best Answers:
    Yahoo & Bing give importance to nofollow backlinks if they are quality link.

uptraffic, Mar 14, 2011 IP