1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Buying links are GOOD OR BAD ????

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Anktech, Mar 9, 2011.

I have read some articles and still i have confused to purchase links. Some told me its good way to get link on directly High PR sites and some told me its bad for SERP.

See some articles :- http://www.bruceclay.com/blog/2011/01/paid-links-penalty/

can anyone share some thoughts ?

Anktech, Mar 9, 2011 IP
  2. dataentryoutsourcing

dataentryoutsourcing Peon

Best Answers:
    Buying links are not harmful because it helps to increase rank and traffic.Google only checks the quality of the link,it does not object about buying a link.

dataentryoutsourcing, Mar 9, 2011 IP
  3. Edward.H

Edward.H Peon

Best Answers:
    Good, as long as Google doesn't know you bought link

Edward.H, Mar 9, 2011 IP
  4. dkrt111

dkrt111 Peon

Best Answers:
    Good point........Google doesnot bother about buying link.It is just done to get high rank in search engines.

dkrt111, Mar 9, 2011 IP
  5. ezestseo

ezestseo Peon

Best Answers:
    It should be in natural way that Google does not understand that you have bought the link.

ezestseo, Mar 9, 2011 IP
  6. productsmarine

productsmarine Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes Google is unknown for this type of link policy. The Google crawler just work to check the link on the page.

productsmarine, Mar 9, 2011 IP
  7. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I never buy links ...

w3bmaster, Mar 10, 2011 IP
  8. blitehead

blitehead Peon

Best Answers:
    Link building is the most important thing you can do by improving your off page factors. As you won´t be able to aquire the links for free if you have a comercial web page you will have to buy them, at least some of them.
    As you posted before, Google won´t recognize if they are bought or not ... wheter they are matching with the content of your site and your link structure is well-balanced there will be nothing you should worry about.

blitehead, Mar 10, 2011 IP
  9. DrJale

DrJale Active Member

Best Answers:
    Buying links is the best thing you can do for your website! :D

DrJale, Mar 10, 2011 IP
  10. Adnan959

Adnan959 Member

Best Answers:
    Buying links is often fine as long as you don't spend too much on this. But personally - I stay away from purchasing links.

Adnan959, Mar 10, 2011 IP
  11. pmaro

pmaro Peon

Best Answers:
    I have never done this but is there a reputable website that does this?

pmaro, Mar 10, 2011 IP
  12. Irfi0009

Irfi0009 Banned

Best Answers:
    Google always tell dont take paid links because it is bad in the eyes of google but you must increse your rank through articles.

Irfi0009, Mar 10, 2011 IP
  13. suichiro

suichiro Peon

Best Answers:
    I not sure bout this but I've this few times already that it is not a good idea to buy a link. It is said that Google doesn't like this kind of activity.

suichiro, Mar 10, 2011 IP
  14. blitehead

blitehead Peon

Best Answers:
    Google doesn´t "like" this activity because they are interested in deliverung high quality search results to every one that uses Google search queries. If quality of the SERPs whould decrease, less people would like to advertise on Google --> that means less cash for our friends from Mountain View.
    Meanwhile purchased links are matching with the content of the URL they are linking to, there is no chance for Google to detect them.

They are some market places where you can aquire backlinks, I can recommend you teliad.com

blitehead, Mar 11, 2011 IP
  15. seolayman

seolayman Peon

Best Answers:
    Buying links could be harmful only if google knows about it until then they are good, google has stated at many places that having links on high PR website is good but not when you purchase them, "you must apply nofollow tag on them" says matt cutts in one of his interviews with seomoz. and nofollow links on High PR won't do any good, so anyhow paid backlinks are not that good.

If you still confused then read the recent articles about JCPenney store about the black hat paid link acquisition done by them and how google de-ranked them.

seolayman, Mar 11, 2011 IP
  16. Icgadget

Icgadget Peon

Best Answers:
    why would google be harmed from link buying? I guess the quality is what it matters.. its not like you will buy a link to a tech blog in a fashion site right? I guess.. don't know

Icgadget, Mar 11, 2011 IP
  17. Ajay Bhargava

Ajay Bhargava Peon

Best Answers:
    I think buying link from quality website/blog is good. It is the easiest way to build permanent quality backlinks...

Ajay Bhargava, Mar 11, 2011 IP
  18. mhovingh

mhovingh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As long as you are balancing link purchases with other SEO methods and you are properly managing the relevancy and acquisition speed, you should be fine with buying links. Google may not support link purchases, but without them knowing how you got a link, they have to focus on delivering penalties for things they can identify, such as backlinks spamming (gaining an unnatural number of links in a set time period). If you are paying for links or hiring someone to get you backlinks, make sure you are getting a decent ratio of relevancy and that you aren't ending up with an extreme spike in backlink quantity, relative to your previous backlink gains. That is more likely to get you into trouble with Google than buying a few relevant backlinks each week.

mhovingh, Mar 11, 2011 IP
  19. blitehead

blitehead Peon

Best Answers:

Please confuse yourself ;)
    What the SEO agency of JCPenney did was abusing of link building and link buying practices. They bought links from pages that had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in common with their content!!

It was quite interesting that Google needed so much time to detect something that every competitor or SEO beginner could discover in just a few seconds by observing their backlinks ....

blitehead, Mar 11, 2011 IP
  20. Barak

Barak Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You cannot void it if you want to rank. you can build it yourself but it is a waste of time... better pay someone to get them 4 u

Barak, Mar 12, 2011 IP