1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Algo Positive for My Sites

Discussion in 'Google' started by oregonthunder2, Mar 9, 2011.

I just wanted to post this and share my results.

I will use one of my sites as an example:

Only unique content has been used (usually hand-written by me). I currently have 86 articles on the site on the site that I have written since Jan of 2009.

I was already ranking #1 for my primary keyword, but was lacking ranking for a few others that I thought I should have had, because some older sites with no content were taking up those spots.

I am now ranking for my secondary keyword at position #4. Before I was buried about 7 pages down.

This site ranked for over 5,000 keyword phrases. (That was before the algo change).

All with 16 backlinks on related sites...I never asked for or traded for any of them. People linked their sites to me without being prompted to do so, just because my site has good content.

I averaged 600 to 1050 UV's per day (before the algo change) so now I am really anxious to see how things go.

----------------------------------------------------------
    Conclusion

All I can say is that...It looks like Google took out the trash.

I also know that Google likes to shake things up about every 6 months.

Here is my advice:

1. Do not pander to Google Trying to manipulate your site to fit into the next new algo never works. I like to use basic non-spam seo. I usually just write my articles, not thinking about keyword density or anything like that...as long as the keyword is mentioned in the article and in the title.

2. Unique Content rules. Don't cheat with duplicate content, blackhat or even link building for the matter. People are more likely to stay around your site if you have good content anyways.

3. Just play it cool with link-building. If your website has something good to say people will link to your site because they find it interesting.

4. Most important - be patient If you continue to add good unique stuff the Search Engines will notice you. Expect results well over a year after you start your project, and maybe even longer than that.

It is sometimes hard to keep writing articles on a site with no traffic...but like the movie Field of Dreams "build it and they will come." :eek:

oregonthunder2, Mar 9, 2011 IP
  2. aniru

aniru Member

Best Answers:
    you are absolutely correct, if the content is good people will visit thru search engine only once after that they will directly come to your website no need of any search engine, its always better to have a direct traffic rather than thru search engine, u never know when the changes to algo will be against u or towards u

aniru, Mar 9, 2011 IP
  3. shahidusman

shahidusman Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, original content will always survive. I am a Freelance writer and I never did spinning. I knew Google will do something about it sooner or later and people using these shortcuts will be the losers.

shahidusman, Mar 9, 2011 IP
  4. nirajkum

nirajkum Active Member

Best Answers:
    congrats dude its good tat google new algo worked 4 u ..

nirajkum, Mar 9, 2011 IP
  5. WishBone

WishBone Peon

Best Answers:
    Good for you, now those sites that aim for quality just earning the good results. And Google continuously encouraging website owners to comply to their quality standards..

WishBone, Mar 9, 2011 IP
  6. 1812

1812 Active Member

Best Answers:
    That has to be the best bit of advice I have seen in this place so far! Very nicely summed up!

1812, Mar 9, 2011 IP
  7. seoservicescontract

seoservicescontract Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, I have seen the power of unique content and analysis their result. Unique content and that is helpful for user are play a great role rank better than other.

seoservicescontract, Mar 9, 2011 IP
  8. saqib889

saqib889 Peon

Best Answers:
    I also noticed that Some trashs sites are up on google where as sites with frest content are still struggling hard to make something up.

saqib889, Mar 9, 2011 IP
  9. bogs

bogs Active Member

Best Answers:
    same with my site rankings.. its good for google that they are now flagging down big sites that practice link schemes..

bogs, Mar 9, 2011 IP
  10. webtengo

webtengo Guest

Best Answers:
    Yes quality content is king for a website.

webtengo, Mar 9, 2011 IP
  11. FREE BET

FREE BET Peon

Best Answers:
    anyone know when it will hit the UK?

FREE BET, Mar 10, 2011 IP
  12. eLeSlash

eLeSlash Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well it looks like you are not on the 12% who got back on serp :).

eLeSlash, Mar 10, 2011 IP
  13. Genesis1

Genesis1 Peon

Best Answers:
    yes, be original rocks in this things

Genesis1, Mar 10, 2011 IP