1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Are HubPages and Squidoo Articles Effective?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by EGS, Mar 6, 2011.

I am really wondering now whether or not posting 100% unique & keyword-optimized articles on both HubPages and Squidoo are even effective? I also only link to ONE site per article.

I've had articles on both for over a year now and I have yet to see any results or increases in anything. What is the problem? Do I need to have massive amounts of unique articles or something, or do people just recommend to post articles on HubPages and Squidoo as just another backlink from a website basically? :confused:

EGS, Mar 6, 2011 IP
  2. Justin_Dupre

Justin_Dupre Peon

Best Answers:
    You need to do more possibly once a week. Hubpage, squidoo, davhub and ezine are the best directories sites out there.

Justin_Dupre, Mar 6, 2011 IP
  3. EGS

EGS Notable Member

Best Answers:
    DevHub.com huh? I never heard of this, but I will definitely be checking it out. This seems like a flippin' 100% free web host that will PAY YOU to basically host with them. :eek:

EGS, Mar 6, 2011 IP
  4. Avesel

Avesel Peon

Best Answers:
    Of course its impossible to generalize whether they are effective or not.

Avesel, Mar 7, 2011 IP
  5. Oceanus

Oceanus Member

Best Answers:
    I would have to agree with Avesel, if you use it right I think it could be very effective for you.

Oceanus, Mar 7, 2011 IP
  6. OpenConnect

OpenConnect Peon

Best Answers:
    They are great but you can't just go in and post an article and expect results. Just like everything, you have to give to receive. The only reason why they are valuable is because the community has made them valuable. The only way you can receive the benefits is if you put in value to the community. Create valuable articles, not just ones for marketing your own stuff. Contribute to the community by flagging bad content, building relationships, helping others, answering questions, etc. All of these things will help build your personal pages and thus you'll see quality results.

OpenConnect, Mar 7, 2011 IP
  7. markgmktg

markgmktg Peon

Best Answers:
    You need to do a lot of these to get any effectiveness and really they're just good for backlinks.
    If you want to start seeing serious results then you should start with paid advertising.

markgmktg, Mar 7, 2011 IP
  8. CyanneCampbell

CyanneCampbell Peon

Best Answers:
    Both of these tools or platforms offer very good traffic to the articles created. Both have very good ranking on major search engines such as Google, Yahoo and Bing. You can get fast indexing in search engines if you add quality and fresh content to these sites which gets indexed fast in search engines. So I can say they are really effective.

CyanneCampbell, Mar 7, 2011 IP
  9. ForgottenCreature

ForgottenCreature Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Of course, they are effective. Article marketing is what we call creating a link wheel/

ForgottenCreature, Mar 7, 2011 IP
  10. James_IM

James_IM Member

Best Answers:
    I've found Squidoo and Hubpages can be effective. You may want to create backlinks to these pages to help gain traction but like in previous posts, they get indexed pretty quick and can rank pretty high. One of my squidoo lenses has been ranked 1 or 2 for its keyword in Google for the past year, while my actual site is usually in the lower half of the first page.

James_IM, Mar 8, 2011 IP
  11. DanAbbamont

DanAbbamont Guest

Best Answers:
    They're not ranking that well anymore, but with both sites if you add very high quality content and participate in the site, you can get some good internal link juice to your lens or hub. With hubpages it's easier to get the internal juice, but I'm pretty sure that's why squidoo did so much better than them in farmer.

DanAbbamont, Mar 9, 2011 IP
  12. DrJale

DrJale Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'd say yes. Both Squidoo and Hubpages can be an excellent source of free traffic if used correctly.

DrJale, Mar 9, 2011 IP
  13. seowebempire

seowebempire Peon

Best Answers:
    until now, they are still very effective, but not sure will they will continue to be effective if people keep spamming them..

seowebempire, Mar 9, 2011 IP
  14. pradiprg

pradiprg Active Member

Best Answers:
    They are effective for their own self purpose. not for writers and contributors to great extent. It is my personal humble practical opinion.

pradiprg, Mar 9, 2011 IP
    dairyman likes this.
  15. derrickschwan

derrickschwan Peon

Best Answers:
    Hubpages and squidoo are very good for getting quality backlinks, at the same time a good source of traffic too, they are effective if done well.

derrickschwan, Mar 9, 2011 IP
  16. asus90

asus90 Peon

Best Answers:
    Squidoo is absolutely effective.I create a len on squidoo with my keyword and this page rank 3rd on Google after 1 day

asus90, Mar 10, 2011 IP
  17. aira

aira Active Member

Best Answers:
    yes those two content sites are still helpful in terms of site promotions. as long as it is regularly updated, it helps to give some traffic

aira, Mar 10, 2011 IP
  18. bsetclpvas

bsetclpvas Peon

Best Answers:
    hi,

yes i m effective by hubpages. its very gud veb site for bookmarking and cl PVAs.

regards

bestclpvas.

bsetclpvas, Mar 10, 2011 IP
  19. famous2313

famous2313 Member

Best Answers:
    I haven't used a hubpage or squidoo lens but looking at forums especially warriorforum.
    I hear people say hubpages and squidoo are not effective like they use to be.
    But that could be just there opinion....I would just test it and see what kind out result
    do you get.

famous2313, Mar 10, 2011 IP
  20. kb24

kb24 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A couple of my squidoo lenses 2 of my lenses is on page 1 and another is on page 2. so it is still effective more backlinks the better your rankings will be..

kb24, Mar 11, 2011 IP